James Sicily

Remove this Banner Ad

Sicily was never neck and neck with Obrien and showed plenty of potential as a forward. Was quite at times but also kicked a few bags and won us games off his own boot.

Also performed very well at VFL level to earn his senior spot. Obrien never really did that well in the VFL but somehow got the 23 and heaps of games.

Is the psychological legacy of the number dictating terms perhaps?

A number 23 “must make it” type of attitude? I would truly hope not..

However, getting the feeling that it could be the case.

KOLOKOTRONIS

TOB reminds me of Paul Abott a little bit......getting games, not sure exactly what he does except run around and in to things much of the time.
Now, Mr Abott DID turn up one very special day with an extra special performance.
If we could somehow find a way to play Melbourne in this year's Granny Tim may just kick 6 snags and justify 6 years of patience.

Is there another defender in the comp you lot would trade him for?

Cant think of any I would instantly agree to.

Rance is about the only one left, maybe Robbie Tarrant.

That lazer like kicking is enough to give anyone pause.

People complain about not having anymore showmen in the game.
This bloke loves a bit of banter and getting in blokes faces & he’s arguably the most hated player in the game at the moment. Don’t understand it.
I’m happy he’s on our side because you build defences around guns like him.
He’s already elite in my book and will only get bigger. He’s better than Jake Lever at probably half the price tag.

The guy is an entertainer. Makes sport fun (except his cheap shit - that can go).
This. He’s still young and immature, so he’ll work out the balance and learn to walk on the line between being a cocky pest and being a cheap thug.

Saturday is about as good as he’s ever been at striking that balance. He was very cheeky and arrogant and backed it up with a BOG performance.

He’s going to have to be prepared to cop it back in the games where things aren’t going his way though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People complain about not having anymore showmen in the game.
This bloke loves a bit of banter and getting in blokes faces & he’s arguably the most hated player in the game at the moment. Don’t understand it.
I’m happy he’s on our side because you build defences around guns like him.
He’s already elite in my book and will only get bigger. He’s better than Jake Lever at probably half the price tag.
I perfectly understand why he is hated. He even pushes Hawks supporters at times. I’d hate him if he wasn’t wearing brown and gold. Dare I say that he has a touch of Kryrios about him with that temper and natural flair. But unlike Kryrios, Sicily has a great coach and good people around him which should hopefully channel his aggression in the right direction.....sooner rather than later. But I don’t want to see lose that spark that makes him play on the edge. Exciting times ahead.

Sicily was never neck and neck with Obrien and showed plenty of potential as a forward. Was quite at times but also kicked a few bags and won us games off his own boot.

Also performed very well at VFL level to earn his senior spot. Obrien never really did that well in the VFL but somehow got the 23 and heaps of games.

Perhaps your memory is better than mine. I remember when they played together in same team early on and people wondered who would be more valuable, some infact thought long term O'Brien would be key forward, both seem to show glimpses, however the rate of progress since Sicily has been in the back half has been remarkable, considering we already had Stratton similar height player. Pick 56 is almost getting to speculation stage whereas O'Brien pick is almost late round 1, just shows high picks do not always mean everything, look at O'Rouke at pick 2 from GWS, we were very lucky to get Bruest too, rookie draft and people watching him at VFL said he had class which flowed onto AFL.

Perhaps your memory is better than mine. I remember when they played together in same team early on and people wondered who would be more valuable, some infact thought long term O'Brien would be key forward, both seem to show glimpses, however the rate of progress since Sicily has been in the back half has been remarkable, considering we already had Stratton similar height player. Pick 56 is almost getting to speculation stage whereas O'Brien pick is almost late round 1, just shows high picks do not always mean everything, look at O'Rouke at pick 2 from GWS, we were very lucky to get Bruest too, rookie draft and people watching him at VFL said he had class which flowed onto AFL.
O'brien was pick 28. That's late 2nd round.

Can't believe I wanted us to trade this guy a couple of years ago :drunk:

What a superstar

I said the same thing last year when frustrated with him. I was/am a moron. Thanks for making me look stupid James!

you are 100% correct

i felt like Sicily had to earn respect from a lot of people within and outside of the club whereas O'Brien has gotten the easy road into the team (similar to Ellis, Schoenmakers, Shiels ect before him) some of which have been looked after without a need to perform, but Clarkos motto is support a player you believe in until he performs (i assume from his history) and he usually gets enough out of a player even if he waits for years, this works for him though, its one part of his coaching i think he could improve, but Clarkos loyalty to players he likes also has the effect of players wanting to perform for him when he asks them too..... so i can see the reasoning, i just hate that these 4 let us down sometimes because Clarko wants them to be good.... but in the long term it makes sense to ensure a culture of respect and loyalty...

With all due respect to Peter O'Farrell (who represented Sicily).

We are a rich club, why didn't we hire David Grace QC to represent us for tribunal hearings?

Edit: Who is representing Nic Nat

Second Edit: Lost but was at least thorough :p
Sicily was never getting off
Didnt think Natanui was either

With all due respect to Peter O'Farrell (who represented Sicily).

We are a rich club, why didn't we hire David Grace QC to represent us for tribunal hearings?

Edit: Who is representing Nic Nat

Second Edit: Lost but was at least thorough :p

Peter O’Farrell is a well respected barrister.
I’d be happy to brief him again.

There are cases where no legal counsel can win, particularly when a tribunal has clearly pre-judged a case!

Peter O’Farrell is a well respected barrister.
I’d be happy to brief him again.

There are cases where no legal counsel can win, particularly when a tribunal has clearly pre-judged a case!
Similarly, there are cases that no Prosecution can win, like when AFL was trying to protect Essenscum...

Remove this Banner Ad

James Sicily

Remove this Banner Ad

Back