Traded James Stewart [traded to Essendon for pick 77]

Remove this Banner Ad

With Kersten, Vardy, Clark, Lucy and probably Lonergan all departing for different reasons the cats will have zero back ups in key positions apart from a couple of 19 year olds drafted last year. Would live to snare Stewart and Corr as a package.

With Kersten, Vardy, Clark, Lucy and probably Lonergan all departing for different reasons the cats will have zero back ups in key positions apart from a couple of 19 year olds drafted last year. Would live to snare Stewart and Corr as a package.
I can't see that deal happening. Geelong don't have the players that GWS would want or the draft picks. They sold a lot last year to become relevant and it has worked out so far. But there isn't the depth to give GWS what they would ask for. Geelong might get one of them, as they have enough to do that, but not both.

I can't see that deal happening. Geelong don't have the players that GWS would want or the draft picks. They sold a lot last year to become relevant and it has worked out so far. But there isn't the depth to give GWS what they would ask for. Geelong might get one of them, as they have enough to do that, but not both.

Trade Motlop to Bulldogs for pick 14ish.

Trade pick 14 to GWS for the 2 young key position players and get some picks 25-35 back from the Giants that they dont want to use.

Win win

We dont really need key defenders and its the one player type gws dont have heaps of so they wont trade corr. We do need kpf/ruck though.

I think all of stewart/kersten/vardy have similar value so i would be happy to trade one of them for stewart (would have to be a 3way trade as i doubt gws want to bring in a kpf)

In 2 years time our key position defenders will be Henderson, Kolo and Gardner and there is no certainty the last 2 will make it.

I am pretty bullish on the last two but each to their own.

Corr is long term project and is progressing well, was in the team until injury. Wouldnt be up for trade.

I think Stewart given the opportunites has a bright future and would be love to see him get to Carlton to give them a key target. Its interesting the persons most critical of him in this thread are Collingwood supporters - I wonder why?
Because most of us have watched him intently, wondering why we didn't take him as a F/S, and it's become clear why. Projects the same as Jesse White imo, will probably be able to have a reasonable career, but he's definitely not a key forward to build around. Servicable 3rd tall/part time ruck will be what he becomes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Stewart given the opportunites has a bright future and would be love to see him get to Carlton to give them a key target. Its interesting the persons most critical of him in this thread are Collingwood supporters - I wonder why?

And they seem to be spending a lot of time watching Neafl matches. I dont know how they find the time.

You always take a risk when you look at a guy who was NOT F/Sed. It is part of the game.
We tried it with Foster and it didn't work out. Such is life.
GWS took on Stewart as a speculative pick and he has been quite adequate. His problem is getting a game ahead of some of the best young kids going around. GWS have a list that others would kill for, a good recruiting and management tradition and a guaranteed source of excellent football material in the Riverina. Teams who do NOT look at their list are not doing their homework.

Collingwood did not want to take the punt, and their supporters want to be justified in that decision. Fair enough. However, it is possible that they may have been wrong, especially after their forward issues in 2016.

I think Carlton SHOULD be looking at Stewart. He may not be the messiah, but our forward line is at the present in the development stages. Stewart has already developed physically to the point of having an AFL body.

I can't see quite what the Cats would see in him. They have Hawkins, who plays the role that Stewart usually plays. Yes, they are losing talls, but would probably be better looking for a guy who is a ruckman first and a forward 2nd. Stewart is a forward 1st and a ruckman 2nd.
This draft is not overly endowed with guys who fill Geelong's criteria.
Maybe they will take a risk.

There are probably a few more suitors out there as well, but nothing like the pack that requires an Odysseus to settle the issue.

Whoever ends up going for Stewart is probably NOT going to have to break the bank to get the deal done. He HAS spent a lot of time this year in the NEAFL. But so have a number of other GWS players who have real talent. It is worth a look. It may be worth a punt. I reckon someone will take it.

He would be solid at the pies. Maybe apart of the WHE for a future late first rounder? Or early second?

There's a reason why Pies overlook Stewart 4 years ago, since he has played 18 games for 18 goals.....do the maths. His guy is a major spud.
Seriously Silvagni, you need to be a tad more creative than looking at GWS players surely?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded James Stewart [traded to Essendon for pick 77]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back