Traded Jared Polec [traded to North Melbourne with Pittard and #48 for #11 and 2019 fourth round pick]

Who won this trade?

• Port Adelaide

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats not true, outside the navicular (2015) which we managed very carefully we has been pretty much injury free. last 3 years - 17, 22 and 20* having not missed a game this year.

Sorry my post wasn't suggesting Port have managed him poorly at all, more that players can become less injury-prone as they get older. Injuries at a young age are not a death knell with the professionalism of modern footy.

So what is his value ?

Looking at previous midfielders that were traded .

Brad hill pick 23

Will hoskin elliot future 2nd (27)

Jack redden pick 18

Allen christansen pick 21

Elliot yeo pick 28

Brad ebert pick 28

Port wanting norths first is ridiculous. Considering how they operate when they are on the receiving end of a trade screwing down hard eg ebert for 28 and polec for 22 .
Now polec wants out they want pick 9 after they screwed brisbane down to pick 22 in the first place .

****ing port flogs

Something will go back the other way. Polec has had a very good season from an outsider perspective.

Our first rounder is fairly expendable this year, as we have Thomas coming through the academy who could theoretically be bid on anywhere between 8-15. if we can turn our first rounder into Polec and change, then land Thomas with later picks, it's a much better result than having to match a bid with our first.

Wouldn't surprise me if Joe Atley and Sam Durdin are both involved in some capacity. Our first definitely will, and I expect picks will come back as I think Port have quite a few 2nd and 3rd rounders.

Even if it's just picks, something like 9 + 40 for Polec + 29 seems pretty fair (values Polec at about pick 13). Gives Port 9, 11 and 22, and we would gain an extra 220 points or so for Thomas/Scott.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what is his value ?

Looking at previous midfielders that were traded .

Brad hill pick 23

Will hoskin elliot future 2nd (27)

Jack redden pick 18

Allen christansen pick 21

Elliot yeo pick 28

Brad ebert pick 28

Port wanting norths first is ridiculous. Considering how they operate when they are on the receiving end of a trade screwing down hard eg ebert for 28 and polec for 22 .
Now polec wants out they want pick 9 after they screwed brisbane down to pick 22 in the first place .

******* port flogs
Spot on. He's not worth a first round pick.
Not quick.
No right foot.
Lacks awareness which causes gets himself to get tackled too much.

He can come if he wants, but not for a first rounder.

Given the depth of talent this year and the PP picks to come somewhere around 25-30 mark would be fair for Polec.

North wouldn’t offer him a 700k contract for 5 years if he wasn’t worth a first rounder.

Pick 9 and a second round draft pick for Polec. Wouldn’t be surprised if port ask for x2 first rounders
Can I have some of what you are smoking?

Two first rounders? Good luck with that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jared Polec [traded to North Melbourne with Pittard and #48 for #11 and 2019 fourth round pick]

Back