Jared Polec

Remove this Banner Ad

This is what happened to Ben Jacobs, you wanted our first, we were willing to give you our second, it didn't go through, so he went to the draft and we picked him with our third round.

You took him with your second rounder at 37.

We couldn't have used your second.... Our drafting was going to be over by then. We would have had to delist another player just to be able to use it. We finished that draft at pick 30.

I know they would be working through this behind the scenes and 'surely' they wouldn't agree to accept letting go of Polec and our 2nd Rounder for Norths 1st. Wish we as supporters had a way of letting them know this is not acceptable prior to, rather than post the event if it were to occur.

You know, the poster who made this video had a choice - he could have photoshopped Jared's head onto Shaun Higgins' body in the video where Higgo signed up, or he could pay a Jared Polec impersonator (and Cam Joyce) to do this "fake news" video.

I'm betting he now wishes he did the former, because your mad sleuthing skills have exposed the impersonator as an impostor! It was the missing almost-Kirk Douglas dimple that gave it away, wasn't it?

I had to stop myself mid-cream when you demonstrated this.

Whoever did it, please tell them that it was awesome. I enjoyed the cheesiness.

You took him with your second rounder at 37.

We couldn't have used your second.... Our drafting was going to be over by then. We would have had to delist another player just to be able to use it. We finished that draft at pick 30.

And we were probably going to take Colquhoun with any latter pick anyway, which we did when he slid all the way into the Rookie Draft.

So, it all worked out anyway, except Jacobs had to sweat, which was ultimately our point.

Hopefully the Saints are fair dinkum about Polec because i don't think he really cares about North the club, just that they are offering the most money at this stage, if saints offer more he will want to go there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they want our second they can give us Kayne Turner.

LOL no surprise you like Kayne Turner. Defensive small forward with poor skills who doesn't kick goals. He'd be right up you and Ken's alley. I'd rather give them Polec for free.

I still put the REH "most donate in exact increments" saga pretty high at the top.

I must have missed that one. I did enjoy his reaction to the Monty Burns .gif though.
Yes what?!

If Polec was the 2nd best outside mid in the comp, we'd be paying him what he's asking for. He's good but he's not there.

He's the 2nd best outside mid currently on the market though.

Outside mid is a bit of a weird position description. There are very few purely outside mids these days, everyone is expected to be able to do both, and Polec can definitely win his own ball and move through traffic.

I'd prefer to keep him but while he's been one of our best this year, we've been garbage. Maybe a tweak of the game plan will elevate other players who have struggled under the system we employed in 2017 and we'll stop relying on having a player like Polec. Certainly allowing him to leave suggests we're not planning on relying on him.
Bingo! **** GWS alone have 2 better than him in Scully and Kelly but they are locked away for a few years.

If they want our second they can give us Kayne Turner.

Ken be like

tenor.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Jared Polec

Remove this Banner Ad

Back