Jared Polec

Remove this Banner Ad

In 2015 Collingwood secured Adam Treloar and pick 28 with picks 7 and 65 and a future 2016 1st-round pick(which was also 7). So we could do pretty much the same, get pick 10 and next years first for Polec and send one of this years seconds to North. Collingwood ended up with a second-round pick coming to them but to make the trade we wouldn't ask for that and it would be well overs if we did anyway. As they need points for Tarryn Thomas one of the thirds could be included if that was needed to get the trade over the line. The St Kilda pick could be used as it would be more of a sweetener.

Last edited:

There is absolutely no way we are getting 2 firsts for Polec. If Polec was at another club, would we want to give up 2 firsts to get him?

Lever, Gibbs, Prestia. They all got two first rounders, no way should we accept anything less.

Ive said this on this thread before, but ill say it again.

You are 100% right. a five year deal on $750k a year is worth at least a 1st and 2nd rounder.
But we try and play the 'good guys' at trade period every year. We will take pick 10 and send north polec and a 3rd round pick. We will all get mad about it, but the club will do it.
I have no faith in their negotiating skills.

Ive said this on this thread before, but ill say it again.

You are 100% right. a five year deal on $750k a year is worth at least a 1st and 2nd rounder.
But we try and play the 'good guys' at trade period every year. We will take pick 10 and send north polec and a 3rd round pick. We will all get mad about it, but the club will do it.
I have no faith in their negotiating skills.

After all the talk about being ruthless, you’d think they may want to act a little ruthless, not just bend over and give North what they want.

Walk into trade period, tell them here’s the precedent for a trade like this, this is what we want, call us when your ready to pay up.

There is absolutely no way we are getting 2 firsts for Polec. If Polec was at another club, would we want to give up 2 firsts to get him?

I’d give up Butcher, Moore AND Pittard in a heart beat. Draft picks are overrated.

Lever, Gibbs, Prestia. They all got two first rounders, no way should we accept anything less.
Prestia was pick 6 and a swap of second rounders wasn't he? And Lever a durable blue chip young KPD who plays like the league's best defender of the last decade. Easily had a higher trade value than JP.

If we have to do a trade then a mid-first and a mid-second would be acceptable.

After all the talk about being ruthless, you’d think they may want to act a little ruthless, not just bend over and give North what they want.

Walk into trade period, tell them here’s the precedent for a trade like this, this is what we want, call us when your ready to pay up.

hope you are right.

But Hinkley came out saying we want their first round pick as a straight swap. See what i mean by our negotiating skills being horrible?
If you are just happy to take their first round pick and thats it, you come out publicly and request 2 first rounders and negotiate down to a single first.

We came out saying just the first. Its been reported that north have come back saying they will send their 1st for polec and a 2nd rounder. Kane Cornes thinks we have come back saying polec and our 3rd.

If all this is true, our negotiating skills are horrendous.

Prestia was pick 6 and a swap of second rounders wasn't he? And Lever a durable blue chip young KPD who plays like the league's best defender of the last decade. Easily had a higher trade value than JP.

If we have to do a trade then a mid-first and a mid-second would be acceptable.

Correct, my mistake. Lever had spend the year as the crows third defender, made looking good a whole lot easier, no way was he worth more than Polec.

Using the points system what Prestia went for would be equivalent to us getting two firsts and giving a second back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hope you are right.

But Hinkley came out saying we want their first round pick as a straight swap. See what i mean by our negotiating skills being horrible?
If you are just happy to take their first round pick and thats it, you come out publicly and request 2 first rounders and negotiate down to a single first.

We came out saying just the first. Its been reported that north have come back saying they will send their 1st for polec and a 2nd rounder. Kane Cornes thinks we have come back saying polec and our 3rd.

Being piss weak would be the correct term to use.

And North require points, we need early picks. With what has gone back and forth on a points value the above trades have resulted in a value of one early pick. If we get two first rounders but send back one or two late picks this could get over the line.

Gold Coast got 7 & a swap of 2nd rounders for Prestia which is about what i'd expect for Polec. We aren't coming away with net 2 first rounders.

Gold Coast got 7 & a swap of 2nd rounders for Prestia which is about what i'd expect for Polec. We aren't coming away with net 2 first rounders.
My mistake it was 6 and swap of seconds, which on points value makes it a top 5 pick.

NM need points for Thomas, 27 or 45 and 46 for their first this year and next.

Only getting this years first and giving a pick back is pathetic.

no way was (Lever) worth more than Polec.
I rate Polec but this is really deluded man

Using the points system what Prestia went for would be equivalent to us getting two firsts and giving a second back.
I don't know much about this system but the valuation awesomedal14 posted above on this page says pick 10 + 28 is worth pick 4. That makes me reckon it's not much chop in reality because I'd never trade pick 4 for picks 10 + 28.

hope you are right.

FFS. Does he ever learn? We state what should have been our final offers for Dixon and Ryder first up, so they get negotiated up. Then state what should be our end position for Polec so it gets negotiated down. It's bad enough he causes issues on-field, can he not **** up off-field so we pay high and sell low as well?! :mad:

We should expect two. Lever was 2 firsts and a second back. We have a start of second from St. Kilda so a two first (one in the top 10), with that 2nd going to North, with possibly North getting their 3rd back as well, would be fair.

Last edited:
We should expect to. Lever was 2 firsts and a second back. We have a start of second from St. Kilda so a two first (one in the top 10), with that 2nd going to North, with possibly North getting their 3rd back as well, would be fair.

Prepare to be disappointed.

I rate Polec but this is really deluded man

An elite wingman vs a 3rd tall defender who barley had an opponent all year and didn’t make it into the top 10 of their BnF ? He’s worth more then Polec is he ?

Polec is 3 for meters gained in the AFL, 4th for total kicks, one of I think 3 players to get more then 20 disposals in 19 or more games. But yea not worth two first like Lever was.

We're not getting 2 first rounders for Polec ffs. Give that pipe dream away.

The aim should very clearly be on getting North's first rounder and then using it in combination with whatever other picks/players we can to secure a low enough pick to give us a shot at Rankine.

2 firsts with picks going back is overs and unreasonable. It is a view only supported by maybe 2 people in this forum.

I’ve always said the Dixon trade of 10+28 is the measure.

I’m 100% convinced we would have to give up a first and second for Polec if we were trading him in this year, and we have paid 1st and 2nds for recently traded in players Dixon and Ryder.

If we got a sole pick it would be weak on behalf of our club. Players have always attracted a higher price when they’ve shown they can play over a draft lottery pick that could be anything. Hence why extra picks have often been added unless they are already a high pick ie Prestia getting 6.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jared Polec

Remove this Banner Ad

Back