GrandBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I still want to know how this guy is going. Ever since Grant's performance in the NAB Cup and the Draft, I've hardly been hearing about him. How's he performing?

Have a look on the intra club match thread

Apparently been injured for a while and had his first game back. Cordy kicked 3 goals on him, but had a bit of the ball. Is still fairly skinny. From what i hear, will probably start in the 2nd's but hopefully spend most of year in the 1st's for Williamstown. He won't play for the bulldogs this year unless he shows remarkable improvement

Bouman wont ever be any good cause he has no commitment to being a footballer. He's just on an AFL list because he can and not because he wants to. He's an outsider at the club and has struggled to intergrate himself into the club. Write him off as a possibility to be a solution. Grant is the answer.

Bouman wont ever be any good cause he has no commitment to being a footballer. He's just on an AFL list because he can and not because he wants to. He's an outsider at the club and has struggled to intergrate himself into the club. Write him off as a possibility to be a solution. Grant is the answer.

How would you know? It could be true, but what have you got to do with Boumann?

As I understand, Boumann played much of last year as full forward for Willi seconds and kicked a bundle.

At the Whitten ovel inter-club practice match, he was playing in defence and whilst Cordy did kick a couple on him, he performed very well. He appeared very comfortable and well balanced with the ball in his hands.

He was reasonably impressive and could develop into something special. He was certainly more impressive than Cameron Wight. As for his attitude, a number of young players struggle with committment. Many fade away but a number come good. I don't see there any reason to single Jarrad out, unless you expect he reads this site and needs a kick up the pants.

In which case, I agree - otherwise you would be better off

IIRC, these sort of comments were being made about Grant last year.

Let's give the guy a chance, he's young, he's tall and strong, let's try to work with him rather than writing him off.

So he be a walk up start with your mob then.

:eek: Did he cut your lunch?

I saw him train up close. He is very very thin. In terms of his physical developement I would say he is still 18-24 months away from playing any senior football (and that is with everything going right ie. no injuries etc).

I want to give him a chance. If he can develop, he might, just might have some X-Factor in him... At least I see it in his face and good new haircut, looks like the nickname "Eraserhead" is no longer valid.

Show some support!

Dont bag Deeswant13

He is spot on the money, everything he wrote is exactly right. Why are people so defensive on this site sometimes. A football club is like anything else in life, not everybody fits in, not everybody likes each other and not everybody is totally dedicated to football like others on list. Thats life players come and go and if someone post a view like that there is usually a reason why.

He is actually very talented if he wanted to apply himself.

If you're a Bulldogs supporter then help support the Bulldogs! Maybe he just needs some more confidence, I haven't seen him play yet but there still must be room for improvement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont bag Deeswant13

He is spot on the money, everything he wrote is exactly right. Why are people so defensive on this site sometimes. A football club is like anything else in life, not everybody fits in, not everybody likes each other and not everybody is totally dedicated to football like others on list. Thats life players come and go and if someone post a view like that there is usually a reason why.

Maybe if Deeswant13 actually offered some facts to back up his statement then we'd be happy to hear his opinion. I've heard similar things said about quite a few young dogs over the last couple of years. IIRC didn't we supposedly make a massive mistake picking up J Grant because of the same reasons?? Well he seems to be showing dedication and also seems to be respected by the boys in the team. Hands up if you were a lazy pain in the arse when you were 17, 18?? I know I was.

Hard to believe given Boumann was in many of the Cooney celebratory Brownlow photos with a number of other players. If you're an outsider Mad Monday is not a place to be.

VFLReservesGrandFinalBoxHillvWillia.jpg

Still only 19, 196cm and growing, about 85kg, so needs to put on 10kg.

Give the kid a go and don't bag him yet.

BIO
Athletic tall forward with pace, underlined by a 2.86sec for 20m at NAB AFL state screening session. Can also spend time down back and in the ruck. Strong overhead with a long, penetrating kick.

Draft history: 2007 NAB AFL Draft pick 48.

images

:thumbsu:

jarrad is a good mate of mine, so no bagging him on here please. i think he'll be a great player, has the athletic ability to make it far in the game. i think we all just need to wait a year or two until he gains the confidence and maturity

Dont bag Deeswant13

Have to agree, this topic has been brought a few times in the last 12 months and the same comments get said - Lazy, outsider etc. Never recall anything similar being said about Grant though.

Boumann will be playing country football in 2010, struggles in the Willi 2's. I also question the talent comment, he has great attributes - tall and bloody quick, but talent not so sure....

Have to agree, this topic has been brought a few times in the last 12 months and the same comments get said - Lazy, outsider etc. Never recall anything similar being said about Grant though.

Boumann will be playing country football in 2010, struggles in the Willi 2's. I also question the talent comment, he has great attributes - tall and bloody quick, but talent not so sure....

He had a great finals series last year for Willi 2nds:confused:

These things appear every couple of months, last year it was Reid, Harbrow, Hill, Grant and Lynch who copped it on here from people who have never met these guys and only repeat what some nob has told them.

He had a great finals series last year for Willi 2nds:confused:

These things appear every couple of months, last year it was Reid, Harbrow, Hill, Grant and Lynch who copped it on here from people who have never met these guys and only repeat what some nob has told them.

I know a couple of the doggies players well, aswell as playing abit of footy with and against Jarrod at junior level. Its a sure bet.

I know a couple of the doggies players well, aswell as playing abit of footy with and against Jarrod at junior level. Its a sure bet.

In 2010 he will still be on our list. Just because your not the most popular bloke does'nt mean you wont get a game, thats where ability comes in.
He finished last year in the Seagulls seconds well so he will get every chance to impress this year in the firsts. If you played with him you would only be around 19 years old, you may be right but i would rather our experienced football coaches deciding this.

a yound tall forward is going to get at least three seasons to develop so he will be on our list in 2010. Knowing a couple of players does'nt mean much(Everitt and Grant maybe) as it's the coaching staff who makes the decisions. I hope we don't give out the bulldog guernsey to players just because they are popular or great blokes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jarrad Boumann

Remove this Banner Ad

Back