News Jarrad Schofield departs for West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, he got offered a better job in a city he preferred to live in. Need to remember he’d only coached WAFL before he came to us, we were his stepping stone, he has nowhere near the experience of others eg Voss/Montgomery.
Voss got sacked and Koch loves a media star so grabbed him after he became popular in The Recruit. This is Monty's third gig. Left Western Bulldogs before their 2016 finals campaign due to issues with Beveridge and Carlton let him go. He didn't hold an assistant.coach position at an AFL club when we got him. Schofield coached Subiaco to 3 flags and 1 runner up (1 season undefeated) in 6 seasons as well as structuring the lower grades where they also achieved success.

Voss got sacked and Koch loves a media star so grabbed him after he became popular in The Recruit. This is Monty's third gig. Left Western Bulldogs before their 2016 finals campaign due to issues with Beveridge and Carlton let him go. He didn't hold an assistant.coach position at an AFL club when we got him. Schofield coached Subiaco to 3 flags and 1 runner up (1 season undefeated) in 6 seasons as well as structuring the lower grades where they also achieved success.
Ha! Geez Vossy is just surviving on pure luck and good looks at Carlton then. All that is true about Montgomery but you left out the fact he has a bachelors degree in sports science and completed AFL‘s highest accreditation Level 4 and departed the bulldogs pre premiership in the same way Williams departed Richmond pre premiership. Schofield coached the WAFL, he’s the equivalent of Marty Mattner except at least Marty spent time at another AFL club.

Didn’t he leave after the PF because he’d already told the club he was going to WA but he’d stay until the end of the season?

He'd signed a contract extension prior to the finals I believe. The fact that he left the very next morning after the PF speaks volumes I reckon...usually one would think there would be an 'unwinding' period, player reviews from his group and that sort of thing, stuff to finish up and all that

Per an extremely good source, Hinkley refused to seriously consider his ideas, felt threatened by him, so Schoey left and Port weren't sad to see him go given theyre tied to Hinkley.

Infuriating because my source described Schoey as "an unbelievably brilliant coach."

Ken only wants yes men. Any opinion to the contrary and he is immediately threatened. He is actually more concerned about his own job security than the actual performance of the team - when anyone knows if you have success your job security follows it.
Sounds completelty plausible. There's no doubt Ken is threatened easily, that's very obvious.

Yeah, he got offered a better job in a city he preferred to live in. Need to remember he’d only coached WAFL before he came to us, we were his stepping stone, he has nowhere near the experience of others eg Voss/Montgomery.

There's been many a murmuring of a falling out with Hinkley and multiple references to a physical altercation.

Bury your head in the sand if you like but it's pretty obvious what happened - Schofield and the head cucumber didn't get along so he got up and left.

He'd signed a contract extension prior to the finals I believe. The fact that he left the very next morning after the PF speaks volumes I reckon...usually one would think there would be an 'unwinding' period, player reviews from his group and that sort of thing, stuff to finish up and all that
Not when you’re going to another club there isn’t. It’s the same as going to the competitor in general business you pretty much get walked out the door with a handshake.

There's been many a murmuring of a falling out with Hinkley and multiple references to a physical altercation.

Bury your head in the sand if you like but it's pretty obvious what happened - Schofield and the head cucumber didn't get along so he got up and left.
Until someone has solid evidence I’m going with what has been said from Schofield and his family which is he got a better job in a city he’d prefer to live in. The sad fact on the forum is the Hinkley hate has some posters coming up with their own conclusions and stating it as fact.

When did Schofield say that he'd prefer to live in Perth?
Theres been many times he's talked about Perth being "home" and wanting to return there, but here's just one example "The 46-year-old said he was grateful for his time at Port Adelaide but was ready for a return home to Perth." quote from the Perth times on 13th September 2021. When he says he was ready to return home he means he and his wife would like to live there because it's home - they didn't love being in Adelaide.

Theres been many times he's talked about Perth being "home" and wanting to return there, but here's just one example "The 46-year-old said he was grateful for his time at Port Adelaide but was ready for a return home to Perth." quote from the Perth times on 13th September 2021. When he says he was ready to return home he means he and his wife would like to live there because it's home - they didn't love being in Adelaide.
What do you make of Schoey's comments when door-stopped at the club the Monday after the prelim?
"I'm sad to be leaving this great club."

Schofield signed an extension to bring him to the end of 2023 and then 6 weeks later, the week before our Prelim final, told the club he was leaving for an assistant role at West Coast.

The club was certainly not 'happy' to see him go but there was nothing they could do.
The curt social media post says a lot to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So in other words, you made that up and he never said anything like that.

IYKYK

Until someone has solid evidence I’m going with what has been said from Schofield and his family which is he got a better job in a city he’d prefer to live in. The sad fact on the forum is the Hinkley hate has some posters coming up with their own conclusions and stating it as fact.
What do you want people to post?

CCTV footage of getting physical?
**** me smithy...

I got told by someone who I trust on it due to his closeness to the horse, i didn't get details on what exactly happened but this was clearly more than a "**** you I'm leaving" on the way out the door

What do you want people to post?

CCTV footage of getting physical?
fu** me smithy...

I got told by someone who I trust on it due to his closeness to the horse, i didn't get details on what exactly happened but this was clearly more than a "fu** you I'm leaving" on the way out the door
Wait Expat Power is Smithy? Okay, makes sense now. I must have been away the day that reveal was made.

Wait Expat Power is Smithy? Okay, makes sense now. I must have been away the day that reveal was made.

099633.jpg

What do you make of Schoey's comments when door-stopped at the club the Monday after the prelim?
"I'm sad to be leaving this great club."
You can be sad to be leaving the club (and your son) but overjoyed at the promotion and the chance to go home. Why can't people fathom that people who aren't from Adelaide don't usually want to live here? The go home factor is just as strong with coaches as it is with players.

You can be sad to be leaving the club (and your son) but overjoyed at the promotion and the chance to go home. Why can't people fathom that people who aren't from Adelaide don't usually want to live here? The go home factor is just as strong with coaches as it is with players.

You are actually being serious, aren't you?

It wasn't a promotion, it was literally a sideways move. He signed an extension 6 weeks prior to leaving (you don't do that when heart is in Perth) plus he mentioned both on his return and on leaving how much he loves the club and Adelaide in general. You're literally making up shit to suit your argument.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jarrad Schofield departs for West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back