News Jarrad Schofield departs for West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

You can be sad to be leaving the club (and your son) but overjoyed at the promotion and the chance to go home. Why can't people fathom that people who aren't from Adelaide don't usually want to live here? The go home factor is just as strong with coaches as it is with players.

Someone who calls themselves "Expat power" thinks everyone else doesn't like living in Adelaide.

You can be sad to be leaving the club (and your son) but overjoyed at the promotion and the chance to go home. Why can't people fathom that people who aren't from Adelaide don't usually want to live here? The go home factor is just as strong with coaches as it is with players.
But that's the thing, it wasn't a promotion. He was going from one assistant role to another. The big thing for me is the fact we let him go. You do that for an assistant who gets a head coaching job but to go be an assistant at a different team? I can't think of a time that's happened with someone currently contracted.

Until someone has solid evidence I’m going with what has been said from Schofield and his family which is he got a better job in a city he’d prefer to live in. The sad fact on the forum is the Hinkley hate has some posters coming up with their own conclusions and stating it as fact.

Whilst you are on the opposite side of the coin stating it as fact. And for the record I don't 'hate' Hinkley, I just think he is unsuitable as a Port head coach and can't for the life of me swallow the same spin that's been spun since 2015. By all means try to debate on here with your views, but don't try to climb some kind of pedestal as you know it won't end well

Does it matter?

Schofield clearly likes Perth and has connections there. Going ‘home’ to Perth isn’t a big deal and he may really want to go. Doesn’t necessarily have any reflection on the club or Adelaide.

It was a lateral movement in positions, ie assistant to assistant but may be for more money, who knows. Also gives him a chance to work with a premiership coach and, arguably, one of the best run football clubs. He clearly has a talent for development and right now west coast are rebuilding. He is clearly liked and wanted by other clubs.

And maybe there was a ceiling he felt here. Maybe there was a verbal and potentially violent altercation with hinkey. Maybe he didn’t get along with the players or coaches or administrators. Maybe he dogged the club and walked out on a contract (unlikely as port could have held him to it).

Doesn’t matter. He is a good coach but has a lot to prove and learn. If he replaced Hinkley he would need a seriously good mentor.

Real question is what puts him above other senior coach options? If it’s purely he is a beloved port Adelaide player, then we have problems

There's been many a murmuring of a falling out with Hinkley and multiple references to a physical altercation.

Bury your head in the sand if you like but it's pretty obvious what happened - Schofield and the head cucumber didn't get along so he got up and left.

...leaving us owen 3 after reaching consecutive PF's. Throw in Vossey and it's pretty clear old mate is due to be awarded an OBE*

*other blokes efforts

If I had a dollar for every assistant coach Ken has gone through, I could almost fill my car with petrol. When you have a staff turnover like he has, I rather tend to think that it's not the fault of the assistants.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's been many a murmuring of a falling out with Hinkley and multiple references to a physical altercation.

Bury your head in the sand if you like but it's pretty obvious what happened - Schofield and the head cucumber didn't get along so he got up and left.

Yeah they didn’t get along, but no one gets along with Ken.

It was this simple - he had a planned coffee catch up with CD, when the time came JS asked him where to meet (or something) and CD had forgotten completely about it. It was the last opportunity to convince him either way. He truly hadn’t made his mind up at that point.

That made the decision a hell of a lot easier.

It was this simple - he had a planned coffee catch up with CD, when the time came JS asked him where to meet (or something) and CD had forgotten completely about it. It was the last opportunity to convince him either way. He truly hadn’t made his mind up at that point.

****ing amateur stuff from CD, sack him while we are at it.

If I had a dollar for every assistant coach Ken has gone through, I could almost fill my car with petrol. When you have a staff turnover like he has, I rather tend to think that it's not the fault of the assistants.
Yes and no.

Successful programs also see movement.

• Nicks, Voss, Walsh and Richardson all left for senior jobs
  • Lade and Schoey are the only two I can think of that left because of ‘circumstances’.

The media also seem to love Ken. Cal Twomey speaks highly of him and he is a reasonable judge and a solid journalist.

Jesus.

Yes and no.

Successful programs also see movement.

• Nicks, Voss, Walsh and Richardson all left for senior jobs
  • Lade and Schoey are the only two I can think of that left because of ‘circumstances’.

The media also seem to love Ken. Cal Twomey speaks highly of him and he is a reasonable judge and a solid journalist.
Nicks left/moved on for a role at GWS before he got the Crows job.

If that's true, it seems that we need a complete purge of everyone. Maybe Monty survives.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Jarrad Schofield departs for West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back