Restricted Free Agent Jarrod Berry [RFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the many 'next Kennedy' 'next Cripps' who never quite made the step up as a dominant big mid (tom green is the one imo).

Band two or three payment? Not one to spend all your chips on

NM need some solid pros, I know it is another midfielder, but a mid in his prime to help the kids would be a good pick up, decent character as well from all reports, could easily outbid the wages everyone else will put in front of him, including Brisbane.

Finally giving him a proper run in his preferred position and its paying dividends.
No surprises that moving him inside has coincided with us playing some good football again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on what?

He pretty clearly is...
He’s not, setterfield is fringe but for the sake of argument and sidetracking the berry thread let’s go

Who/which mid do you have him in for from last weeks team

Keeping in mind parish and Hobbs were both missing also so you would need to drop 3

He’s not, he’s fringe but for the sake of argument and sidetracking the berry thread let’s go

And yet, has been in the senior side for every game whilst at Essendon, other than when injured or returning from injury (3 games at VFL level across 2 seasons).

Not sure what your definition of fringe is, but Setterfield ain't it.

And yet, has been in the senior side for every game whilst at Essendon, other than when injured or returning from injury (3 games at VFL level across 2 seasons).

Not sure what your definition of fringe is, but Setterfield ain't it.
Still missing the 3 mids you are dropping to accomodate setterfield, parish and Hobbs?

He’s third in that queue and fringe when everyone is fit

Still missing the 3 mids you are dropping to accomodate setterfield, parish and Hobbs?

He’s third in that queue and fringe

I am not a part of their match committee, but suspect he pushes the likes of Caldwell, Perkins out of the midfield, and Guelfi, Tsatas, Menzie out of the side.

You know, as he has since being brought into the club.

I don't think fringe means what you think it means.

I am not a part of their match committee, but suspect he pushes the likes of Caldwell, Perkins out of the midfield, and Guelfi, Tsatas, Menzie out of the side.

You know, as he has since being brought into the club.

I don't think fringe means what you think it means.
Lol being brought into the club doesn’t make him automatic best 22

Tsatas was sub so no point naming him but I’ll play along

So let’s say parish and Hobbs in for guelfi and menzie

That allows Perkins forward more as you say

At best you are then saying he comes in for Tsatas as sub

Any chance berry leaves with the Mcluggage re-signing, the Ashcroft brothers, Neale, Dunkley plus Rayner and Bailey pushing for more midfield minutes? Feel like centre bounces opportunities might be limited

Lol being brought into the club doesn’t make him automatic best 22

No, but being picked every time he has been fit certainly does.

Tsatas was sub so no point naming him but I’ll play along

This is silly Nostra.

Taking someone's spot in the 23 doesn't necessarily equate to being a direct replacement.

Setterfield in for X, X replaces Tsatas as sub = Setterfield in, Tsatas out.

Sorry, didn't think that needed to be spelled out, yet here we are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back