Speculation Luke Davies-Uniacke (RFA 2025)

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not a McKay hater, but make no mistake, the only reason he “may” be in “discussions” for AA squad is the jumper he wears.

But good luck to him
Laughable. It's because he's been fantastic defensively.

Mate he’s received a 1,1 and 2 in coaches votes across 12 games.

For an average of 0.33 votes per game.

Last year he got more than his total this year in 1 game, multiple times.

He leads a back six that is 7th for scores conceded.

Back to reality

Comben better than McKay? He's been good but only a Norf fan could honestly think that.
Nah only a dill would think otherwise.
He's shite is your Magoo amd any north BF poster would tell you I've been of that opinion since day one . Proud that I had him labelled as a 'shitmen ' all those years ago. And guess what, I was and are correct.

Nah only a dill would think otherwise.
He's shite is your Magoo amd any north BF poster would tell you I've been of that opinion since day one . Proud that I had him labelled as a 'shitmen ' all those years ago. And guess what, I was and are correct.
Oh, so instead of just being wrong now, you've been wrong for 5 years. Never mind then.

Guys get back on topic.

Do people think ldu leaves in free agency or is there any chance he asks for the trade at the end of this year as a pre agent. Wouldn’t he basically get his fa money a year early in that scenario?

Guys get back on topic.

Do people think ldu leaves in free agency or is there any chance he asks for the trade at the end of this year as a pre agent. Wouldn’t he basically get his fa money a year early in that scenario?
The answer is no & no. he will stay and of course it will be a given North paid 'overs' to keep him, according to BF anyways.

The answer is no & no. he will stay and of course it will be a given North paid 'overs' to keep him, according to BF anyways.
If he stays at north any $$$ you pay him over what he was offered elsewhere shouldn’t be considered overs. The club needs to do everything it can to keep him and paying him excessive dollars should be one of the tools they use to do so. Him abandoning the club through trade or free agency would be catastrophic- forget any draft compo you get for him, it just won’t be worth it.

If he stays at north any $$$ you pay him over what he was offered elsewhere shouldn’t be considered overs. The club needs to do everything it can to keep him and paying him excessive dollars should be one of the tools they use to do so. Him abandoning the club through trade or free agency would be catastrophic- forget any draft compo you get for him, it just won’t be worth it.

He will field offers of 1 mil plus, so I feel if he stays it's because he wants to be there.

He will field offers of 1 mil plus, so I feel if he stays it's because he wants to be there.
Correct. He will stay at north and the club will do the right thing by matching or beating rival $$$.

But that won’t matter one bit. As you said the important part will be him deciding to stay.

His decision will be a real pivot point for the club, either way.

Correct. He will stay at north and the club will do the right thing by matching or beating rival $$$.

But that won’t matter one bit. As you said the important part will be him deciding to stay.

We so needed a win, any win against anyone. There is a 100 reasons why the eagles could/should have won. But we did it twice when we lost the lead late in the game.
Days like Saturday make decisions easier. imo.

As you say we don't need more draft picks.

We so needed a win, any win against anyone. There is a 100 reasons why the eagles could/should have won. But we did it twice when we lost the lead late in the game.
Days like Saturday make decisions easier. imo.

As you say we don't need more draft picks.
Yep, wins help for sure. As does having faith in the direction the club has in the future.

Times ticking away for him to see ultimate success and if this is something that he wants, for him to stay at North he’d have to back that horse in over other suiters like Hawthorn, Essendon, Collingwood, Geelong and St Kilda.

This is where a strong coaching staff and strong football dept play their role. If players can’t see that light at the end of the tunnel, then no amount of $$$ will keep him there.

Collingwood and Geelong would be easy for him to jump across to and expect success. Hawthorn and Essendon are well placed as well to progress forward.
North needs to position itself as a destination club itself not only to attract players, but to keep their own.

To be honest, North need to keep him, even if he wants to leave. They should match offers. They need his experience. They can't keep losing experience, he is worth more to North than a top 5 pick.

Wins are probably more important now than at any other time in our rebuild. Wins are what will help us hang onto LDU, Powell and Zuhaar. I believe we can win 3-5 between now and the end year which will be enormous for us.
Another point I’d like to make is that we have never seen a list rebuild as brutal as this, probably got Melbourne and Hawthorn covered and it’s really anyone’s guess how it will turn out, but the rise of Comben and Xerri this year has given me more optimism this year despite just the single win (so far😜)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet only one is in AA squad conversation, and it's not the one at North.

Comben has been good this year, make no mistake. But McKay has been much better.
Lol what? McKay has 4 coaches votes in 13 games and ess supporters think he is AA quality??? That is pure gold.

If LDU is looking to move, Adelaide can offer huge $$

What will likely be a top 4/5 pick this season do you take 2024 and 2025 firsts for LDU?

If North improve next year pick 4 now and say pick 12 next year is a decent deal
Compared to solely pick 6 next year based on likely improvement

As a restricted free agent they would only need to match the offer.

But I doubt it will get down to that scenario, he will sign-on next year at what he is worth which plenty. Premierships mean more to those that went through the slog and the journey to get there. Luke has the strength of character to stay.

Lol what? McKay has 4 coaches votes in 13 games and ess supporters think he is AA quality??? That is pure gold.
The comment from someone who understands football aged well.
The comment from the one who doesn't didn't.

I'm not even McKay's biggest fan.

None of the stats back that up.

A loss 1 vs 1 loss % of 40% is one of the worst 8 key backs in the league.

All his other stats around intercepts are all very meh.

Would be bizarre if he's anywhere near the AA squad.

Someone like Harris Andrews has been in 2x the amount of 1 vs 1 contests, and in terms of totals McKay has lost twice as many 1 vs 1 contests.

400% difference in defensive ability in that scenario.

1718322732913.png

1718322692201.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back