Restricted Free Agent Tim English [RFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Not ideal, but he's better than what WC currently have and they have the cap space so why not use it? Unless they are locked in on using the cap space on the likes of Warner and Baker, where else is it going to be spent?
Does he suit your age profile though? He’ll be 27 next year, would you honestly see your mob contending in the next 4-5 years?

Does he suit your age profile though? He’ll be 27 next year, would you honestly see your mob contending in the next 4-5 years?
I would think at worst WC should be contending in 4 years. When Reid, Ginbey, Hewett and another gun mid from this years draft are 20-21, there will be no excuse not to be good with the entire midfield being first round picks

I would think at worst WC should be contending in 4 years. When Reid, Ginbey, Hewett and another gun mid from this years draft are 20-21, there will be no excuse not to be good with the entire midfield being first round picks
Fair enough. TBH I wouldn’t be overly upset to see him go. We have a plethora of talls and with Darcy coming on nicely and Croft yet to debut we could use the compensation to replenish our midfield, trade for a KPD (?Barrass) or target another small forward. Those are the missing pieces of the puzzle for us to have another crack at a flag whilst Bont is still in his prime.

I don't really understand why other clubs aren't keen.

Tom De Koning is having a terrific year, but statistically this is how he compares to Tim English this season.

View attachment 2030164
The problem is the price.

eg. I'd have no problem with North getting Tim English for 650k. He could play a variety of roles around the ground. But he's not a damaging game winner deserving an 800k+ salary. And he's looking for that kind of top salary.

I don't really understand why other clubs aren't keen.

Tom De Koning is having a terrific year, but statistically this is how he compares to Tim English this season.

View attachment 2030164
Bearing in mind these are skewed a bit because TDK has played a handful of games as 2nd ruck to Pittonet, the big ones for me are contested possessions and clearances.

English is good at what he does, but he’s an outside player. I don’t believe that translates to the ruck position overly well. For the record I’m also not a huge TDK fan

English, if he is to move, he needs to go to a club where his addition would take them to the next level, like grundy to Syd.

Carlton makes sense as a top class ruck could be their final missing piece.

Hawk would also make sense but that's only if they could also get battle and smith, then plus enligsh, hawk would become a lower top 8 side.

As for the other sides, he's either the wrong age bracket or the other teams don't require another ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back