Jarryd Blair

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Jarrod Blair

You can't be serious
Collingwood do not need a 172cm midfielder, unfortuantely for Jarryd Blair he is just to small
he is not going to win Collingwood a Premiership
he may be a good player at VFL level but players of that height need to be freaks and he certainly isnt that.

You can't be serious
Collingwood do not need a 172cm midfielder, unfortuantely for Jarryd Blair he is just to small
he may be a good player at VFL level but players of that height need to be freaks and he certainly isnt that.

I doubt uv seen the kid play if ur judging him purely on his height... He already uses his body better than any player playing in the seniors and if you want proof perhaps you should have a look at his third goal on the w/e, it is perhaps one of the best peices of bodywork you'll see all year... The kid has Brent Harvey written all over him:thumbsu:

i've seen him play plenty times both this year and last year, there is some very good talent playing for Collingwood in the VFL but i think you'll find that jarryd blair is going to find it tough going to play AFL Footy

You can't be serious

I couldn't disagree with you anymore. Blair type players are exactly what are going to win us premierships. Always on the bottom of the pack, winning the hard ball. It's exactly what we need more of - we lost the midfield battle against St Kilda cos we got pushed off the ball so easily. Even NDS bossed us around. Jarryd Blair wouldn't let that happen. He has so much go, and a great skill set to go with it.

He's the same height as me! Now you tell me. Is 22 too old to start playing footy with a mind to debut for Collingwood in 2010?

They can have both of us. Two 22 year olds, around 170cms to debut in 2010!

You can't be serious

Ow shhhh up and go to Bay 13, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about you heightist pig.

By the way, can you imagine how many free kicks we'd finally get in our favourite if Blair played seniors? High tackles galore!

CHARLIELLOYD It doesn't matter what bloody height you are, if you can use your body like Blair can, than there is absolutely NO PROBLEMS!

He won the Morrish Medal last year, so he has some serious bloody talent.

Can't wait til you eat your words in 2-4 years time.

Gonna look like a fool.

We could elevate him for Rocca being on the long term injury list.

I think.

No, you can't. It is too late in the year to promote players through the long-term injury list.

However, he could still play by being our single promotion that we are entitled to after round 11.

But he won't. There are others who have shown they can play good senior football and present far less risk.

Two names makes all arguments against Blair's height redundant;

Brent Harvey - 172 cm, 76kg

Tony Liberatore - 163cm:eek: and a Brownlow

Both absolute champion players.

There is no point bringing up Francis or Libba, as they were 20 years ago. It is a far different game now, and very different things are required of the midfielders.

Having said that, I am optimistic about Blair. I just don't accept the Libba / Francis argument.

He also doesn't have the pace of either Tony Francis or Brent Harvey (or many of the others on Vinnie Vegas' list). He still may make it, but it would be even handier if he did have lightening acceleration like Francis or Harvey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you mean :eek:? I'm 163cm.:thumbsu:
You're female and not a professional footballer, both things which would make it less surprising that you're 163cm.

It's not particularly shocking when someone is blind either, but if you find out that they're blind AND a racecar driver, that makes it slightly more surprising.

You're female and not a professional footballer, both things which would make it less surprising that you're 163cm.

It's not particularly shocking when someone is blind either, but if you find out that they're blind AND a racecar driver, that makes it slightly more surprising.

Ah shut up! Stop trying to ruin my last, best dream.:thumbsdown: I coulda been a player.....

Good point about being a free-kick machine - can be our Selwood but won't have to drop.

Vinnie got on the research scene and stole some of my good midgy stats, I'll add Bateman at 1 cm taller too.

I want him down low biting knees and stealing the ball.

He's closer to balls on ground and if he could fashion an Ablett proportion dowagers hump his gravitas will be the best around.

If he needs some height, maybe get Trav to pick him up and run with him then: drop off, handball to Blair and kick on goal. Goal assist to the Trav!

O'bree can't be much taller than him.

I really don't see how height is advantageous when your role is to be at the bottom of a pack.

The only situation I can see it being an advantage is when you are sharking off a dominant ruck.

I would have thought that core strength is more important along with clean/fast hands.

ive been telling you guys all year.
before he was even drafted

Re: Collingwood FC Pies Draftess DTM Profiles
good write up dtm, my only thing id add, franics kicking is poo and thats a big con in my book.

and with blair he could be something very special if he gets his chance

--------

Blair- IM IN LOVE WOOOT WOOT, If they start this kid he will be a star. dont worry about his hieght, around the packs he was killing it. his kicks are always into space but has the nuggety look about him.

This kid will be a very good AFL player. He didn't win the Morrish Medal by chance.

I seen him play for Power a few times and he was a complete standout. His kicking is very good and for a hard in and under player, he has exceptional skills and can kick a goal.

I was hoping the Tiges would take him last year because I knew if given the chance he would excel.

EDIT: I've been told from a very reliable source that Jarryd has been told he will be promoted onto the senior list for 2010. Probably a somewhat obvious decision but just thought I'd let you's know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jarryd Blair

Remove this Banner Ad

Back