Toast Jarryd Blair

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought a few players might be getting rests during these last 3 weeks...but of course that is the danger, that someone will come in and play a blinder and cant be dropped. I call it the Simon Taylor Conundrum :thumbsu:

.surely wont be dropped, will he?

LOL I like your confidence

How about Blairs mark when the bomber player most likely thought he had the mouse covered based purely on the fact he was in front of him.

The Jack Russell of the afl...

just luv this guy

Blair in a couple of years:

2166111o.jpg

I think Harvey is a fair bit quicker than Blair before we get carried away.

Cant wait to see 70% of the posters who said he would never make it due to his size, come on here and admit they were wrong.
*Puts hand up*. Happy to have been proven wrong. I wondered what his standout qualities would be, but he makes excellent decisions at AFL level, I reckon that will be enough now.

He's been my avatar for weeks! ;) We call him the garden gnome..
Win. :thumbsu:

*Puts hand up*. Happy to have been proven wrong. I wondered what his standout qualities would be, but he makes excellent decisions at AFL level, I reckon that will be enough now.

Win. :thumbsu:

Okay that's one. Well done for confessing.
Where are the others? They obviously didn't watch him play in the VFL last year & earlier this year. It was glaringly obvious this kid is the real deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a game by the little pocket rocket! Amazing effort for 4 qtrs.

If only they'd played him against the Cats for the experience!

He's such a down to earth bloke and a footballer.

You can kinda tell he's from the country, just a solid player, cool head, unflustered.

Was fantastic tonight, and that run in the first qtr was sensational, and the type of

thing that really announces a player's arrival in his own mind.
He comes from my home town of Wonthaggi, one of my brothers best mates, they played at Wonthaggi Power, and Gippsland Power together. Great little player, nice to see him doing well.. :thumbsu: :D

Boomer would be great, but I see more of this fellow, which would be unbelieveable for our team and next decade if he could get 80% of the way there.

2dlj1up.jpg

Looks a bit like Scott Macdonald from the socceroos.

This kid is a freak. If the Davis/Medhurst position is up for grabs give it to Blair. He can kick em from anywhere, is smarter, can throw tacklers over the fence and doesnt get ahead of himself.

Nicknames Le Blair, Muscles or Mr Blonde
Michael-Madsen-Mr-Blonde-Reservoir-Dogs_best-movie-villains.jpg
nde

very impressed with him so far - looks like he really belongs out there and a really hard in-and-under type we need for finals. Already I get the feeling he would be less likely to let the us down in a final compared with Leon and provides another tough midfield option.

I like the nickname "Tony" as in the ex-British PM,"pocket rocket" or "mighty mouse".

i'm loving that for a young bloke, he can gut run really well, i recall a moment when he made a hand pass out of a tackle in our defensive 50 then only a minute later was receiving it up in our forward 50

He uses his size to advantage through ducking through tackles, and combined with his core strength is great at breaking through would be tacklers. Love his hardness at the contest for a small guy. He played mostly midfield against the Dons, and really showed what he is capable of.

Prior to drafting him, I had been wanting the Pies to take a punt on some short players in the rookie draft. Glad we did.

With Blair, Wellingham, Beams, Sidebottom, and J.Thomas (I have high hopes), we have a great list of young mids who all add something different. That isn't even counting Pendlebury, D.Thomas, etc who will be around for a long time to come. This is a long way from a couple years ago when our young mids stock was one of the worst in the league. Great drafting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Jarryd Blair

Remove this Banner Ad

Back