Toast Jarryd Lyons

Remove this Banner Ad

King Elvis where art thou?

Here; just took me a while to recover - I fell off my seat in shock that at how well Lyons played.

I never expected our best SANFL player for about 3 years to actually be capable of performing at AFL level!

Seriously though - the kid is a gun, deserves to have played a hell of a lot more games than he already has, but I'm just pleased to see him finally get a decent opportunity, and embrace it with both hands.

Also, good for Lyons because he helped my Supercoach team. I traded in Douglas for Beams last week, but then had to trade Douglas for Lyons this week and he knocked out a score of 107. Extra bonus, the extra cash trading down to Lyons allowed me to upgrade James Frawley to Luke Dahlhaus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have always loved Jarryd and the way he goes about it:hearts::hearts::hearts:.

He played his role perfectly. I was saying it when Wright was playing: if you're going to play this third small forward role who isn't particularly quick, at least make it a bloke who can kick it a reasonable distance, knows how to find the footy, is good above his head, can go into the midfield to provide a chop out and knows where the goals are. Lyons does all of these things and he did it beautifully tonight.

tbh i thought he was atrocious last week. hes good if were winning but so many times last week i saw him in frame not running defensively at all. its no wonder sydney waltzed through our midfield scoring with ease with players like lyons and mackay and many, many others not having the ability to run defensively. he was better tonight but not AWESOME or anything. would prefer grigg for sure.

Loved Lyons' game tonight.

Considering Sando refused to play Thommo, M Crouch, and Lyons in the same game it worked really well.

Excellent that Lyons can play as more than an inside mid. Building a good case for him to become a keeper as something a bit different rather than as trade bait as an inside mid.

Scary to think what midfield depth we actually do have when they play bloody well, tonight was without CEY, Kerridge, Grigg, Wright (I know we all dislike him but will kill the ressies tomorrow) then B.Crouch, Douglas and Martin currently out.

Like we seriously have a great problem with so many talented players throughout the midfield, really would be nice to keep them all but assume we'll lose a couple at least.

Ok, I'll put my hand up, I haven't been one of Jarryd's biggest "fan" but apart from that disgraceful kick on goal he was pretty decent tonight. Now to see if he can build positively on what was his "breakout" game at AFL level into the future. Certainly far harder at the man and the pill tonight than in previous games at this level.

Ok, I'll put my hand up, I haven't been one of Jarryd's biggest "fan" but apart from that disgraceful kick on goal he was pretty decent tonight. Now to see if he can build positively on what was his "breakout" game at AFL level into the future. Certainly far harder at the man and the pill tonight than in previous games at this level.
He hasn't had a decent opportunity

Well done Jarryd.
Very good game.
How come the coaches haven't been able to see what he can offer before ??
Hopefully he can play out the season and get a couple more games under his belt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Jarryd Lyons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back