Toast Jarryd Lyons

Remove this Banner Ad

Not this week, but he can't afford a single Wright, Dmac or VB type game, otherwise that would be his card stamped.
It must really peeve some players that others get over 10 dud games and they don't get any.

And don't put it down to 'runs on the board' cos those other guys have never been top players anyway.

It must really peeve some players that others get over 10 dud games and they don't get any.

And don't put it down to 'runs on the board' cos those other guys have never been top players anyway.
Hmmmm not quite. People forget how good VB was but his runs have been like our cricket team in the last 2 weeks....... rare.

Hmmmm not quite. People forget how good VB was but his runs have been like our cricket team in the last 2 weeks....... rare.
He was good in first couple years at HB.

There was a period where he got good midfield numbers but his decision making and disposal was woeful hence I never rated him from then on.

I think Lyons is using these last couple of games to audition for a new gig next year.
I think he will move at the end of the year.
We have Grigg, M Crouch, CEY and Lyons all trying to get into the team in similar positions.
Matt isnt going anywhere and I think as Lyons is from Vic he would be the most likely out of the other three.
Honestly I hope he does. There are teams that arent stacked for inside clearance players like us, and he maybe able to consolidate himself in a first 22 position. He deserves a good crack at it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is arguably the best user of the ball in contested situations, of our entire team.

Anyone can handball to the person standing next to you, but only certain players have the ability to see past the immediate ring of players from contested situations.

Lyons is one of these players.

Not only does he have this vision but he picks the right option and executes cleanly.

One of his touches playing out of the centre is worth 2 of Scott Thompson.

Is arguably the best user of the ball in contested situations, of our entire team.

Anyone can handball to the person standing next to you, but only certain players have the ability to see past the immediate ring of players from contested situations.

Lyons is one of these players.

Not only does he have this vision but he picks the right option and executes cleanly.

One of his touches playing out of the centre is worth 2 of Scott Thompson.

Actually Thompson, Ellis-Yolmen and Crouch all have better Effective Disposal % than Lyons but he does average less "clangers" per game at AFL level than the other three players.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...id1=292&tid2=2&pid2=3504&type=A&fid1=S&fid2=S

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...d1=3707&tid2=2&pid2=3504&type=A&fid1=S&fid2=S

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...d1=3940&tid2=2&pid2=3504&type=A&fid1=S&fid2=S

Actually Thompson, Ellis-Yolmen and Crouch all have better Effective Disposal % than Lyons but he does average less "clangers" per game at AFL level than the other three players.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...id1=292&tid2=2&pid2=3504&type=A&fid1=S&fid2=S

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...d1=3707&tid2=2&pid2=3504&type=A&fid1=S&fid2=S

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...d1=3940&tid2=2&pid2=3504&type=A&fid1=S&fid2=S

Not sure how that goes against anything I was saying.

My understanding is he had multiple clubs trying to poach him from us the last two years, but he didn't want to go anywhere.

That's the impression I have. He wanted to prove to everyone here he is good enough. I just think that's all well and good but there comes a time to bite the bullet and look at how to maximise your career.

Was on the trading block a couple of times previously wasn't he?

Sanders

Approached by other clubs but wanted to stay and force his way into the side

IMO so.many players take the easy option which he could have done and gone to Melb and got games but Lyons showed some real character and wanted to stay and fight his way into the side

Still has a year to run on his contract so I cant see him leaving

My understanding is he had multiple clubs trying to poach him from us the last two years, but he didn't want to go anywhere.

Wasn't there some expectation of more game time this year though. He would have been very annoyed watching Wright spud it up for 3 months in a role he could comfortably perform better at. I'm not confident at all that we will keep both him and M Crouch. I am certain that there'd be more money and game time on offer from more than a couple of clubs. At least now they play with their mates in the SANFL team with many of the AFL blokes their watching. Woukd be much more of a club feel and in some cases it may sway the advantage back our way. But that's really a borderline best 21 issue, Lyons hasn't been that for more than 12 months and I doubt it applies to Crouch either.

Wasn't there some expectation of more game time this year though. He would have been very annoyed watching Wright spud it up for 3 months in a role he could comfortably perform better at. I'm not confident at all that we will keep both him and M Crouch. I am certain that there'd be more money and game time on offer from more than a couple of clubs. At least now they play with their mates in the SANFL team with many of the AFL blokes their watching. Woukd be much more of a club feel and in some cases it may sway the advantage back our way. But that's really a borderline best 21 issue, Lyons hasn't been that for more than 12 months and I doubt it applies to Crouch either.

Lyons signed a new deal after talking to Walsh and I have doubt Walsh would have been clear on what Lyons needed to do to force his way in

Bottom line is even if Lyons wanted a trade he is under contract and the club can refuse unless another club offers us a deal that meets or beats the market

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Jarryd Lyons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back