Jarryd Roughead

Remove this Banner Ad

The Magician

Senior List
Feb 17, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
I have heard a rumour from a very well connected source that Roughead is unhappy at Hawthorn.

Apparently there is not unity among the team mates and we can pay roughead a lot more than what Hawthorn can.

Swann is very confident we can land him.

The question is what would it take.

We are prepared to pay him 900k per year which is almost double what Hawthorn can pay him.

The issue is what would we need to give up to get him?

I have heard a rumour from a very well connected source that Roughead is unhappy at Hawthorn.

Apparently there is not unity among the team mates and we can pay roughead a lot more than what Hawthorn can.

We are prepared to pay him 900k per year which is almost double what Hawthorn can pay him.

. i think andrew walker, hampson, or jacobs, coz they need ruckman, n 1st round pick

Also can't see this happening.

Surely GC would be able to throw huge $ at him if he is available and would have better picks to offer in return.

I think if we wanted to go the trade route to bring in a forward, you'd have to look at fringe type players; Taylor Walker, Ben McKinley etc

At this stage it's hard to see who we could trade. Perhaps one of Hampson/Warnock/Jacobs and Walker/Grigg. This is looking like the make up of our trade bait if it's going to happen. I think if Roughead actually wanted to go Hawthorn would go to the best offer. I can't see the GC getting him over us, we have more pulling power than them as they aren't giving away early picks. He's young and a very good tall forward so he fits our criteria.

Roughead could demand 900k, only us and GC could afford to pay that.

The hawks window is open now so pherhaps one of Hamma, Jacobs or even Warnock! packaged with walks, and a first rounder may be more appealing than shipping him north for draft picks that may take some time to develop.

Although a long shot, we would be losing f*** all from our best 22 and gaining a genuine 1-2 punch forward combo or roughie and an older hendo.

Either way, roughie should get out of hawthorn for us of the GC, more cash, more opportunity.

Also can't see this happening.

Surely GC would be able to throw huge $ at him if he is available and would have better picks to offer in return.

I think if we wanted to go the trade route to bring in a forward, you'd have to look at fringe type players; Taylor Walker, Ben McKinley etc

player has to agree to the trade though. if roughhead is indiferrent to where he ends up then we cant compete. If he wants to stay in melbourne then we have upper hand because hawthorn get nothing in terms of compo from GC. from us they could end up with a ruckman and a first rd draft pick

Good to see the red cards dished out on here aren't permanent if you're a ****wit. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I laughed out loud in a freezing kitchen. $900K? Near enough to Judd's salary? **** off! We would lose our salary cap wriggle room for good.

Sorry, I laughed out loud in a freezing kitchen. $900K? Near enough to Judd's salary? **** off! We would lose our salary cap wriggle room for good.

Yeah but you only pay him that for 2 years then put him down to 650k.

. i think andrew walker, hampson, or jacobs, coz they need ruckman, n 1st round pick
our 1st round pick will be used for Dylan Buckley.

WE do have plenty of money in the cap. Judd has further front loaded his contract again this year, but Roughead is best mates with Buddy, Lewis and Hodgey, so i dont see him wanting to move on that quickly.

It would be very nice, but i just dont see it happening to be honest. And at 900K. No thanks :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes give them Hampson,Walker and our first pick in the draft hopefully that gets it done.This is the minimum for the hawks and if we say that is much we are delusional.Walker been in the system now that he should be in our top 4 players and Hampson is a ruckmen they need.Hell even send Wiggins and Anderson to seal the deal.

our 1st round pick will be used for Dylan Buckley.

WE do have plenty of money in the cap. Judd has further front loaded his contract again this year, but Roughead is best mates with Buddy, Lewis and Hodgey, so i dont see him wanting to move on that quickly.

It would be very nice, but i just dont see it happening to be honest. And at 900K. No thanks :thumbsu:
Dylan Buckley cant be drafted until 2011.
$900,000 a year, you have to be joking.
It wont happen, only thing Hawthorn want is a good ruckman. Hampson or Jacobs plus our first round pick is what we would have to give up for starters. Plus some more.
GC17 would be into him too, and can take him for nothing.
It will be hard to do trades for picks the next 2 years, player for player more likely.

you sure splendini. I thought that he had to nominate for this years draft, and we had to nominate him as a father son selection, or he risked being picked up by GWS as a 17 y/o pick.

Absolutely 100% sure. He's 93 birth date, too young this year...we did commit to take him F/S but that is for the following year.

I can confirm that this rumour is 100% true.

Roughy is unhappy at being forced to pinch-hit in the ruck and both parties have agreed to part company at the end of the year.

At the moment the deal is looking like Roughead & Schoenmakers for Ellard, Johnson, Delulio and our 2nd rounder. Hawks may need to throw in a sweetener...

yes 900k is a lot but you have to pay a lot if you want to pry someone away from their club.

players aren't gonna leave for a measly 50-100k (with tax its half ) you relaly need to pay a lot more.

we can offer roughead 500k but i guarantee you he won't come if hawks r gonna pay him 450k.

if we want to land a gun we have to pay up.

Front load thecontract.

Lets not try and invent trades that we think hawks will accept.

1st rounder - they would take this
walker - they would laugh at him..i think we'd be very lucky to find another club that would take walker
jacobs/hammer - sweetner in the deal

Now just try and think of 1 or 2 top players to throw in along with our 1st rounder and jacobs/hammer. Can't see the hawks accepting anyone less than a gibbs/bower/murph etc.

We're dreaming

Remove this Banner Ad

Jarryd Roughead

Remove this Banner Ad

Back