Draft Profile Jaryd Cachia

Remove this Banner Ad

are you aloud to go and watch the state screenings or is it strictly players and recruiters? where are the state screenings and also what do the players get tested on beep test, agility etc?
Beep test, agility, 5/10/20m, vertical leap, height, weight, skinfolds, hand span...all the usual stuff.

It's not really an occasion for spectators, I'm not sure you'd get booted out but it's not really the sort of thing where they'd want too many people loitering around I wouldn't think, there are enough recruiters and players there as it is.

i agree that his left foot is horrible he cost northern a goal late againt gold coast that cost them a chance of winning.
Have heard whispers that the bulldogs are going after him very strongly.
are you aloud to go and watch the state screenings or is it strictly players and recruiters? where are the state screenings and also what do the players get tested on beep test, agility etc?

Where and how did you find this out? What pick were they thinking of using for him?

Where and how did you find this out? What pick were they thinking of using for him?

sorry about the late reply haven't been able to get access to a computer

the bulldogs will take cahcia with either their 3rd,4th or rooke draft pick as i said earlier i have heard this from a very,very reliable source.

watch this space..

the bulldogs will take cahcia with either their 3rd,4th or rooke draft pick as i said earlier i have heard this from a very,very reliable source.

watch this space..

Seen this type of post often and it invariably doesn't happen.

Sounds like misinformation to me as the clubs do not show the cards they want to show before DC or SS, and in particular a player who's rated a late pick or a rookie draftee. The cards are played very, very close to their chest.

Seen this type of post often and it invariably doesn't happen.

Sounds like misinformation to me as the clubs do not show the cards they want to show before DC or SS, and in particular a player who's rated a late pick or a rookie draftee. The cards are played very, very close to their chest.

I repsect ur point although have you put any thought towards the u 16 national chamioponships? Simon Dalrymple was the coach of vic metro where jaryd cachia was the captain and one of the best players in the team and very unlucky not to make AIS. Dalyrimple is now the development coach at the western bulldogs and still keeps in regular contact with cachia family. Cachia also did some one on one work/pre season with dalrymple in late 2007 early 2008... put two and two together..

I have watched Cachia play since year 7 and I think he will be a super pick up late for anyone in the draft. The one thing this guy is he is the ultimate competitor, he might not be lightning but is quick enough and has a massive engine. His hands are super, got a great leap, and is a nice enough kick over distance. I also have heard the rumor, that he will be at the dogs, which at the start of the year was that the dogs will take 3 st kevins players in two years. Wallis and liber next year. The other club don't be surprised to see him at is North, know very strongly that Pagan is a massive rap for him, and with some links still remaining, he may end up there, but better chance in the rookie draft.

I have watched Cachia play since year 7 and I think he will be a super pick up late for anyone in the draft. The one thing this guy is he is the ultimate competitor, he might not be lightning but is quick enough and has a massive engine. His hands are super, got a great leap, and is a nice enough kick over distance. I also have heard the rumor, that he will be at the dogs, which at the start of the year was that the dogs will take 3 st kevins players in two years. Wallis and liber next year. The other club don't be surprised to see him at is North, know very strongly that Pagan is a massive rap for him, and with some links still remaining, he may end up there, but better chance in the rookie draft.

thanks for your information arthur08. Where did u first see cachia play school club or victoria?? also how did u know about it him r u family friends or just saw a game which he dominated in?? On another note does anyone know which local club jary cachia played for?

My brother played with him at school, and would have seen him play close to 40 games. One of the coaches there had coached me, and spoke about the interest of the bulldogs at the start of the year, and also the rap by Pagan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I certainly am footyman.
Let me ask you one question footyman do you give cachia a realistic chance of getting drafted? and have you seen many of cachia's games? If so what do you think his strong points are?
Sorry to burst your bubble but Cachia is not on the Bulldogs radar, he won't be drafted and being picked up as a rookie is also a very slim possibilty, your 'source' is wrong.

I repsect ur point although have you put any thought towards the u 16 national chamioponships? Simon Dalrymple was the coach of vic metro where jaryd cachia was the captain and one of the best players in the team and very unlucky not to make AIS. Dalyrimple is now the development coach at the western bulldogs and still keeps in regular contact with cachia family. Cachia also did some one on one work/pre season with dalrymple in late 2007 early 2008... put two and two together..

And here you're moving away from "I got told by a good source" to "here are reasons why to suspect him of going there".

Personally find it hard to believe any club would tell anyone who is so untrustworthy as to post the info on a message board that they're going with player X.

I certainly am footyman.
Let me ask you one question footyman do you give cachia a realistic chance of getting drafted? and have you seen many of cachia's games? If so what do you think his strong points are?
I don't think I'd share the same level of enthusiasm as you do, but he's received a late screening call up so there's some interest around the place. I've seen him play plenty of times, his strong point is his strength - he's an aggressive, inside midfielder.

Dalrymple is actually the recruiting manager at the Western Bulldogs.

That's an interesting observation, not sure its as conclusive as you make it out to be. In my view I don't think there's a stack of room for sentiment in recruiting and if Dalrymple goes in with the intention of drafting a player based on your theory he’s not doing his job. There's a very significant difference between a players value to a coach at junior level and what might be thought of a player from an AFL perspective.

I don't think I'd share the same level of enthusiasm as you do, but he's received a late screening call up so there's some interest around the place. I've seen him play plenty of times, his strong point is his strength - he's an aggressive, inside midfielder.

Dalrymple is actually the recruiting manager at the Western Bulldogs.

That's an interesting observation, not sure its as conclusive as you make it out to be. In my view I don't think there's a stack of room for sentiment in recruiting and if Dalrymple goes in with the intention of drafting a player based on your theory he’s not doing his job. There's a very significant difference between a players value to a coach at junior level and what might be thought of a player from an AFL perspective.

fair point.

what do u have to actually do to receive a draft camp/state screening invite? do clubs nominate or are there other avenues?

what do u have to actually do to receive a draft camp/state screening invite? do clubs nominate or are there other avenues?
Each club submits a list of 50 players to the AFL. When totalled up, if a player appears once, twice or three times they get a screening invite. If they are nominated four or more times they go to draft camp.

Clubs can request late call ups to go to screening and there have been a few of those this year.

Each club submits a list of 50 players to the AFL. When totalled up, if a player appears once, twice or three times they get a screening invite. If they are nominated four or more times they go to draft camp.

Clubs can request late call ups to go to screening and there have been a few of those this year.
What would you consider to be Cachia's weaknesses in his game?

thanks for that footyman. Will u be going to watch the testing or is it strictly recruiters and players?

Some of cachias weakeness's in his game would be his temper and his left footy which is very weak. Im not sure about any others he may have. Footyman?

Some of cachias weakeness's in his game would be his temper and his left footy which is very weak. Im not sure about any others he may have. Footyman?
Doesn't really have a heap of class. He's more of your old bash and crash type. It's not necessarily a weakness, because you need those sorts of players, but it's probably not something recruiters look for as much these days. I keep hearing that he's a handy athlete, but he doesn't look too 'footy quick' to me.

Physically strong now, but will his game convert to playing against other physically strong men? He does well at junior level because he's so much stronger than most of his opponents, but I wonder if he has the scope to do as well when he's playing against similarly strong blokes.

I reckon he's a rookie list candidate, but in this draft, really that can range anywhere from Top 30 to not getting taken at all. Who really knows?! :eek:

Doesn't really have a heap of class. He's more of your old bash and crash type. It's not necessarily a weakness, because you need those sorts of players, but it's probably not something recruiters look for as much these days. I keep hearing that he's a handy athlete, but he doesn't look too 'footy quick' to me.

Physically strong now, but will his game convert to playing against other physically strong men? He does well at junior level because he's so much stronger than most of his opponents, but I wonder if he has the scope to do as well when he's playing against similarly strong blokes.

I reckon he's a rookie list candidate, but in this draft, really that can range anywhere from Top 30 to not getting taken at all. Who really knows?! :eek:

yeh i agree with ur comment about him being an old fashioned footballer. Although he may look slow but when he gets going he flies doing an 11.7 for the 100 and being iin the 4x100 senior team when he was in yr 10 he also has an amazing leap he just takes scremar after screamer. Against xavier this year he took a mark reminiscent of the daniel kerr screamer against collingwood at the dome a few years back

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Profile Jaryd Cachia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back