Jason Carter

Remove this Banner Ad

Ross needs to play him for the rest of the season. Cerra can move upthe ground when Wilson and Ryan are back
Ryan would be done for the season you’d think. Wilson can have another week off.

Gee he is composed. The ball spilled out in the middle. Geelong coming in, with the pressure, he tapped it out of danger and set up Hill nicely.

Great height too. He can play. He has speed, that with experience and a few pre seasons, be great off half back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was involved in some good plays. I liked the fact he seems to be not afraid to put his head first to the contest. I have not seen much of him, so I was intent to watch after many talking him up. Good to give the kid exposure, probably needs more time in the WAFL as to me seemed a bit lost. I liked his speed and endeavour. He seemed to clang it a few times, but he has a smooth style and he can learn off the likes of Langdon and Hill on how to run to space.

There is a distinct thing about new players and winning. You win, the rule is simply, you can barely touch the ball, you can cough it up, and you will be celebrated. You lose, you will be on the bad list.

For Carter, it was a good day to debut, and he played a role. I think he should hold his spot over Schultz. Cam Mac has had lower stats than Carter in 2 games out of 10 games he has played.

I am not trying to take anything away from Carter. I am just not putting him up there in the "this player is a starting player" discussion. Wilson, if declared fit would be an upgrade while trying to make finals.

He was involved in some good plays. I liked the fact he seems to be not afraid to put his head first to the contest. I have not seen much of him, so I was intent to watch after many talking him up. Good to give the kid exposure, probably needs more time in the WAFL as to me seemed a bit lost. I liked his speed and endeavour. He seemed to clang it a few times, but he has a smooth style and he can learn off the likes of Langdon and Hill on how to run to space.

There is a distinct thing about new players and winning. You win, the rule is simply, you can barely touch the ball, you can cough it up, and you will be celebrated. You lose, you will be on the bad list.

For Carter, it was a good day to debut, and he played a role. I think he should hold his spot over Schultz. Cam Mac has had lower stats than Carter in 2 games out of 10 games he has played.

I am not trying to take anything away from Carter. I am just not putting him up there in the "this player is a starting player" discussion. Wilson, if declared fit would be an upgrade while trying to make finals.
I think that's a fair analysis. Good debut in a good team performance. Enough there to suggest he can be a best 22 player by this time next year

I've only seen a couple of WAFL games from Carter, has he put on a good few Kgs through the season?

He's got a good body shape for the modern game. He's tall enough to compete in the air but well balanced, nimble and speedy enough to cover the ground. He's not big bodied, but he uses what he has well.

Best of all, he has a natural inclination for the contest and he'll not panic with ball in hand. He's the sort that will attack the game rather than wait for it to come to him. Versatile body shape, natural footy brain and good base skill set ... this is a win for the club. Can't wait to see what Carter looks like in a season or two. :hearteyes:

I've only seen a couple of WAFL games from Carter, has he put on a good few Kgs through the season?

He's got a good body shape for the modern game. He's tall enough to compete in the air but well balanced, nimble and speedy enough to cover the ground. He's not big bodied, but he uses what he has well.

Best of all, he has a natural inclination for the contest and he'll not panic with ball in hand. He's the sort that will attack the game rather than wait for it to come to him. Versatile body shape, natural footy brain and good base skill set ... this is a win for the club. Can't wait to see what Carter looks like in a season or two. :hearteyes:
Yes, he did lost at times. That comes with experience.

Plus, yesterday Ryan and Wilson were out and we didn’t have the exercised players to guide Carter.

What I like was the attack on the ball and man. His run and line breaking is very good.

Ball use was ok.

I would play for the year.

Comes back with the knowledge of what he needs to work on ie running patterns, decision making and kicking skills.

In 3/4 years we will have a “solid”player

Remove this Banner Ad

Jason Carter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back