Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

Why would he?

Every week he stays silent North's and Adelaide's contract offers goes up.

Both are desperate.

Don't think money is the main issue or problem here. North can offer him as much, if not more than the Crows I would have assumed.

We all know young Reid and Hamish will blink and pay whatever North's asking price if JH-F wants to join the Crows.

You guys showed your hand last trade period by how desperate you were to get him, North can and should take advantage of it if they can.

Crows have only won one trade in the last 10 years let's not forget (Dawson)
I think we won the Dawson and Hately negotiations, not just the McGovern deal.

Rachele re-signed with the Crows until the end of 2025, under no circumstances will he be part of any potential JH-F trade I would have thought.

Think it would be one of the biggest dog acts in footy history if JH-F requests a trade/walks out on North after only one season, especially with the club in its current state.

Very very unlikely that happens though, just speaking hypothetically.

I cant see him walking out... if a deal can not be arrange he will play his contract out .. the question for North would be do they back themselves to change a players mind with enticements coming from elsewhere. Do they just hold hard and if they have to trade a player who is OOC... then they can sell that they had no choice... compared to probably getting the best deal they can.

If a deal doesn't get done this year does a SA side try to trade into next year to ensure they have collateral to get a deal dome? Would they need to? Just how much would he be worth as a uncontracted second year player? Its rare a midfield player increases value in the first couple of years after being drafted ..has there been one ?

I think only JHF would be able to answer that.
Also, New Highton > Newtown.

Not sure where you call new but it its probably a much longer walk to KP :)

I cant see him walking out... if a deal can not be arrange he will play his contract out .. the question for North would be do they back themselves to change a players mind with enticements coming from elsewhere. Do they just hold hard and if they have to trade a player who is OOC... then they can sell that they had no choice... compared to probably getting the best deal they can.

If a deal doesn't get done this year does a SA side try to trade into next year to ensure they have collateral to get a deal dome? Would they need to? Just how much would he be worth as a uncontracted second year player? Its rare a midfield player increases value in the first couple of years after being drafted ..has there been one ?

Not sure where you call new but it its probably a much longer walk to KP :)
Up on the hill overlooking the Barwon River between Scenic Road and the Ring Road.
We drive to South Geelong to park for 10 dollars anyway so pretty easy.

Easy access to the ring road down the coast.

JHF wants to come home and be at a club on the rise? We're in.

This years first could be pick 4-6 and Scholl to North, shuffle of later picks to North's advantage.

Butters, Rozee, Rechelle and Thilthorp won’t be part of any trade. If they wanted to go to Victoria, they would have 10 clubs ready to sign them. Why would the agree to go to North?
Yep. Victorian media always look at it as if any player leaves a Victorian club to an interstate club the Victorian club needs to be compensated with an equal standard player defeating the purpose of targeting a player to recruit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JHF wants to come home and be at a club on the rise? We're in.

This years first could be pick 4-6 and Scholl to North, shuffle of later picks to North's advantage.

You are not a team on the rise, that's the problem (on this year's form anyway)

You are in a stronger position to get him than Port though as you are going to have much higher draft picks than them in the next 3 or 4 seasons

Butters, Rozee, Rechelle and Thilthorp won’t be part of any trade. If they wanted to go to Victoria, they would have 10 clubs ready to sign them. Why would the agree to go to North?

Only early picks would be involved I would have thought.

You rarely see players being involved in trades for other players anymore

Up on the hill overlooking the Barwon River between Scenic Road and the Ring Road.
We drive to South Geelong to park for 10 dollars anyway so pretty easy.

Easy access to the ring road down the coast.
Laughing just a little, Paul Kelly reference?

If he (JH-F) isn't in a hurry to sign an extension not many could blame him.

After all it's not like they (draftees) get to choose which club drafts them, even if Perkins made sure he wasn't leaving Vic. ;)

I alongside many North fans like the development of Paul Curtis as a small forward, definitely has upside so with that information I'd take Gibcus in my team over Rachele right now (not by much).

But considering our drafting history we pick up some mid like Ward.
At least Ward would stay

I think JHF will choose the Crows over Port Adelaide, as by the end of 2023, I reckon Adelaide will be in a better position than Port. Port's windows shut imo

I think JHF will choose the Crows over Port Adelaide, as by the end of 2023, I reckon Adelaide will be in a better position than Port. Port's windows shut imo
I think Port has plenty of talent to not spend too long outside the top 8 once Gray, Dixon, Boak and Jonas move on. But yeah they will have to go through a mini rebuild to further replace those guys.

Butters, Georgiadis, Houston, Duursma, Sinn, Wines (still young enough), Rozee, Marshall, Bergman, Hayes, Bonner, Burton, Drew, DBJ, Jones is still a solid group to build around. Just not enough to push for a flag.

Priority pick would be pick 19 not 2-3.
Priority Pick for North won’t be happening this year or next year or the year after.
JHF is just about our best player already and will be HIGHEST paid footballer at North and in the AFL and could be the next captain of our club when his contract is up.

Wat ? Port's window is still open (provided they get a new coach)

The Crows are as far off from a flag as North Melbourne.
If he wanted to go back to SA, and chose the Crows, it would only be a matter of money, Port's trouble are nothing a decent trade and draft period and new coach won't fix, Crows still rebuilding and not doing a flash job of it so far (although granted I have issues with Nicks and his coaching too)

He is obviously a terrific young player with hopefully a storied career ahead.

People are assuming that IF he wants out of North it will be to go back to Adelaide.

This may not be the case. Other Melbourne Clubs such as the Hawks and Dons could easily be candidates. West Coast would be watching as would Sydney. All are cashed up by end 2023.

Essendon is my tip for the cellar and out of a rubbish year they might have a bit of leverage.

Whatever happens it is clear JHF will earn $1.0M +pa from 2024. It will cost North a huge amount to keep him, if indeed they do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back