Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

It just would not happen. North get what they can ..and it would be substantial... and you move on. Players may not be free agents but its rare that a club wants to bring in an unhappy player like that. If North managed to get picks and bring in a couple of very talented kids...they will probably win in the long term.

Oh most definitely the AFL will grease North's wheels and give North another top 2 pick (priority) in that scenario.

It just would not happen. North get what they can ..and it would be substantial... and you move on. Players may not be free agents but its rare that a club wants to bring in an unhappy player like that. If North managed to get picks and bring in a couple of very talented kids...they will probably win in the long term.
Nup do what suits us

I’d be more than comfortable redrafting him (running in the assumption that we finish last (distinct possibility)
as opposed copping some shit deal. He’s not a free agent.
He’s not obliged to go pre-season draft, he could go main draft. Spending pick 2 or 5 or something on him is throwing good money after bad, sunk cost fallacy, and then you have to keep him when he doesn’t want to be there too which is just going to compound the issue.

Personally I think he stays anyway, but if it got to some ludicrous situation where he walked to the draft next year you shouldn’t redraft him.

Nup do what suits us

We all know young Reid and Hamish will blink and pay whatever North's asking price if JH-F wants to join the Crows.

You guys showed your hand last trade period by how desperate you were to get him, North can and should take advantage of it if they can.

Crows have only won one trade in the last 10 years let's not forget (Dawson)

We all know young Reid and Hamish will blink and pay whatever North's asking price if JH-F wants to join the Crows.

You guys showed your hand last trade period by how desperate you were to get him, North can and should take advantage of it if they can.

There's a fair few pick swaps that the Crows have absolutely smashed it in.

Sadly a disgruntled player in the system is worth a lot less than a shiny new draftee. The act of walking out on a club lessens that club's negotiating position.

On SM-A736B using BigFooty.com mobile app

people keep referencing this trade but only presenting half of it.

The proposed trade had north sending some decent picks back the other way too.
It also involved North's second round pick, which went for CCJ.

Honestly, they should have done this trade and taken CCJ for free. They'd have CCJ and three firsts.

On SM-A736B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rachele re-signed with the Crows until the end of 2025, under no circumstances will he be part of any potential JH-F trade I would have thought.

Think it would be one of the biggest dog acts in footy history if JH-F requests a trade/walks out on North after only one season, especially with the club in its current state.

Very very unlikely that happens though, just speaking hypothetically.

How does he walk out? If he isnt at North next year he cant play in any competition in the country, as he is contracted to North.

So a trade is the only option and North would want 2 x 1st plus a player. And the Crows would be stupid to do that.

This thread is bizarre.

How does he walk out? If he isnt at North next year he cant play in any competition in the country, as he is contracted to North.

So a trade is the only option and North would want 2 x 1st plus a player. And the Crows would be stupid to do that.

This thread is bizarre.

The media isn't helping, David King had a rant a couple of days ago about rumours of JH-F wanting out, which is starting starting to make me wonder

I can understand why North didn't want to trade Adelaide for Pick 1 last year. Looking at North's recent history trading and drafting they would have been odds on to botch it. So taking JHF was the smart option. I think they will get a priority pick if they finish last with 1 win. I think every pick and trade they have done other than JHF they have made the wrong decision almost 100% of the time.
All because they got desperate when they missed out on every player they tried to recruit and then offered too much for Polec. Then traded out the wrong players trying to get something for older players to build a new generation and to make things even worse delisted too many players too quickly and they are no replacing these guys with any quality just younger.
I'd be upset if I was a North supporter because their woes are almost entirely their own doing and if you lose JHF you have nobody to blame but yourselves.

I’d be more than comfortable redrafting him (running in the assumption that we finish last (distinct possibility)
as opposed copping some shit deal. He’s not a free agent.
All hypothetical but if he went PSD then your starement makes sense. However if he nominated national draft, would north use pick 1 or 2 on a player that wants out to couple with the pick 1 they already used last year on him..it would be list suicide.

Look i hope our club are up to our neck trying to get him as he is going to be a star. On the flipside north under no circumstance should entertain him leaving this year and back themselves next year to try and convince him to stay even if it ultimately fails and they get less for him if they cant. They owe it to the fans and team to not cave

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hang on, we killed the mcgovern trade. Mcadam and pick 13.

All hypothetical but if he went PSD then your starement makes sense. However if he nominated national draft, would north use pick 1 or 2 on a player that wants out to couple with the pick 1 they already used last year on him..it would be list suicide.

Look i hope our club are up to our neck trying to get him as he is going to be a star. On the flipside north under no circumstance should entertain him leaving this year and back themselves next year to try and convince him to stay even if it ultimately fails and they get less for him if they cant. They owe it to the fans and team to not cave
It would be worse if he left.

I don’t care about multiple not as good players

He only flew back to Adelaide to visit his Mum on Mother's Day. Oh Whoopsie Doo

Also Crows fans are seriously delusional if they think they are any chance of getting JH-F.

They have only two players on their list who would fetch a top 10/first round pick right now in Rachele and Thilthorpe, and they are not trading them.

Why would North be interested in the rest of the scraps on their list?

Adelaide I would hazard a guess is even further away from a flag than North (they still have at least 10-15 list Cloggers that need to be culled over the next 2-3 seasons)

Why FFS would he go there ?

Its illogical.

North have hit the bottom/worst of their rebuild, I don't even the Crows have come close to their nadir yet.

It's not going to happen (JH-F to Adelaide) and under no circumstances is he being traded at the end of this season anyway.

Still very much sure he will sign a contract extension towards toward the end of the season, but even if not, they still have 18 months/time on their side to do so.
Who said he would be trade would happen this year anyway.
The SA clubs would be waiting til 2023 unless north made panic trade

Best post I have read in this thread yet.

Also no way does a club re-draft a player who has quit the club, why would any North player want to play with JH-F if that happened, the morale and spirit in the North players is at an all time low.

In the event JH-T wants to leave at the end of next season, got no doubt the AFL will throw North a bone and give them a top 5 priority pick to soften the blow/make his trade to his new club go a bit more smoothly (even if North gets a PP this year, which I think they probably will)

I really would like to heat JH-F's manager come out and make some public statement to try defuse all these current rumours and innuendo. The lack of communication from JH-F and his camp right now publicly is a bit disconcerting I have to admit.

Also no way does a club re-draft a player who has quit the club, why would any North player want to play with JH-F if that happened, the morale and spirit in the North players is at an all time low.

In the event JH-T wants to leave at the end of next season, got no doubt the AFL will throw North a bone and give them a top 5 priority pick to soften the blow/make his trade to his new club go a bit more smoothly (even if North gets a PP this year, which I think they probably will)

I really would like to heat JH-F's manager come out and make some public statement to try defuse all these current rumours and innuendo. The lack of communication from JH-F and his camp right now publicly is a bit disconcerting I have to admit.
Frankly I don’t want multiple players who aren’t as good. Happy to redraft him as opposed to getting cents on the dollar.

The fact that this can happen in a non FA scenario is ridiculous.

A club who hasn’t had a true star player for 20 years loses one after 2 yrs is an absolute joke. I hope we **** the whole trade up if it comes to it. I guarantee there is ‘tapping up’ of the contracted player as well

Players should be able to be traded to wherever the club decides. This nominated club bullshit is moronic. All for longer initial contracts too even if that means FA eligibility is brought forward.

Why should he have to? He's a quarter of the way through a deal. The club have said JHF is happy. It should stay there.

A few years ago North hadn't re-signed Ben Brown and the media got into them trying to get an answer why until they ended up admitting he was up for trade. Then we got (perceived) low compensation by trade and everyone blasted North for essentially admitting he was unwanted.

Ben Williams doesn't need to say a word. His business is nothing more than ensuring North pays as much as possible.

Hang on, we killed the mcgovern trade. Mcadam and pick 13.
There was a bit more than that involved - So Adelaide ended up with McAdam, McHenry, Worrall and Sholl. Carlton ended up with McGovern, O'Dwyer, Newman and points for Ben Silvagni and Sydney ended up with McInerney, Rowbottom and Gould. So I would say that in order 1. Sydney 2 Adelaide 3 Carlton.
But really you know who's won the trade until they are all retired.

To be honest I think North were crazy not to take Adelaide’s offer before the draft, it may come back to bite them.

Given the quitting of recruitment staff at North recently it’s says something is wrong there.

I’d say Adelaide may offer their first round pick likely top 5, a player (key position) and a future second round pick.

North should get a priority pick this year, god knows they need it, that will give them potentially 3 of the top 5 picks. Draft some Victorian kids and get back to rebuilding properly.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I wonder if the recruiting staff wanted them to accept that offer and that is part of the problem?

To be honest I think North were crazy not to take Adelaide’s offer before the draft, it may come back to bite them.

Given the quitting of recruitment staff at North recently it’s says something is wrong there.

I’d say Adelaide may offer their first round pick likely top 5, a player (key position) and a future second round pick.

North should get a priority pick this year, god knows they need it, that will give them potentially 3 of the top 5 picks. Draft some Victorian kids and get back to rebuilding properly.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Priority pick would be pick 19 not 2-3.

Why would he?

Every week he stays silent North's and Adelaide's contract offers goes up.

Both are desperate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back