Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

You literally said: “We don't anything to lose by making an offer, but North have EVERYTHING to loss by not accepting a reasonable offer.”
How are we losing if we make a reasonable offer? I must be missing something here? If we make a reasonable offer (from the Crows point of view) and North accept it we get JHF (win), if North don't accept it we are no worse off than we are now (draw). I don't see how we lose???

I think it's perfectly reasonable for Adelaide to set itself up for the future by not playing well next season, picking up JHF for nothing and saving three first round picks in the process.

Especially if West Coast do that first this season picking up either Jackson or English. The new era of ruthless football will be open.

It's ugly. Agreed. It will make it hard to do deals later. Agreed. But if I'm making a presentation for a club I'm just going to show the effect that list concession and priority picks have had on clubs that last ten years when they are done right - every other club is a first or second round pick behind before the race starts.

If the result of the behavior is the other AFL clubs targeting their players, the AFL loves that stuff. It's good for content.

You gave up 2 1st round picks for Bryce Gibbs. If you think a 1st and 2nd will get it done then you're deluded.
I think a 1st and 2nd is fair value for him in the current climate - especially, since it appears he wants to leave. I never said I thought North would accept that offer!

Huh? Would love to see this rumour we can't afford both Rankine and Lukosius. We offloaded Brodie and Greenwood last year which was about $1m of yearly salary cap right there. The reason we practically gave Brodie away was a salary dump.

I would be very surprised if we couldn't afford
Greenwood walked because you offered him significantly less that the $400K North is paying him per year. And, you're still paying 1/3 of Brodie's salary at Freo! Your $1M is probably more like $500K, and I doubt you have a red cent left after giving Ben King 2 years at $750K.

I think it's perfectly reasonable for Adelaide to set itself up for the future by not playing well next season, picking up JHF for nothing and saving three first round picks in the process.

Especially if West Coast do that first this season picking up either Jackson or English. The new era of ruthless football will be open.

It's ugly. Agreed. It will make it hard to do deals later. Agreed. But if I'm making a presentation for a club I'm just going to show the effect that list concession and priority picks have had on clubs that last ten years when they are done right - every other club is a first or second round pick behind before the race starts.

If the result of the behavior is the other AFL clubs targeting their players, the AFL loves that stuff. It's good for content.
It’s spelled “tanking”, usually backfires.

Greenwood walked because you offered him significantly less that the $400K North is paying him per year. And, you're still paying 1/3 of Brodie's salary at Freo! Your $1M is probably more like $500K, and I doubt you have a red cent left after giving Ben King 2 years at $750K.
I would argue that King was on something similar 2 years ago, he isn't getting a 500k pay rise, if we are using your numbers.

Do you have a sauce for the Brodie stuff? Honestly haven't read we are paying a 3rd of his salary? Would be interested to read :)

They won't do that, especially with Matthew Nicks fighting to save his job, another bottom 4/6 finish for the Crows next year and he will be sacked (even if he is contracted to 2024)

Still think JH-F will sign an extension at North before the year is out anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North are horrendous and it would be hard to be a player.

BUT

JHF is a first year player and needs to get into line. Looking like a total individual. This would be further decaying the culture. Show some respect to the club.

Agree completely he needs to suck it up, show some character and stick it out. I just can’t see it in him at the moment.

Today I saw 33yo Goldy continually busting his guts for his team, and JHF not using that leadership as motivation. Bizarre from a 1st year player. Entitled attitude?

Good for both media content and folding half the clubs. If it gets to that stage the AFL will have to change the system somehow

North are horrendous and it would be hard to be a player.

BUT

JHF is a first year player and needs to get into line. Looking like a total individual. This would be further decaying the culture. Show some respect to the club.

Has had only a handful of games over 20 possessions in the last 2 years, at any level, and none over 25.

Obviously only a first year player, but probably needs to up his output before being so petulant.

I wouldn’t be putting up with this if I was North.

Knocked back mega deals to take this kid.

Almost time to phone the Crows and tell them their next 2 firsts gets it done.

Crows would tell them to GAGF.

Agree completely he needs to suck it up, show some character and stick it out. I just can’t see it in him at the moment.

Today I saw 33yo Goldy continually busting his guts for his team, and JHF not using that leadership as motivation. Bizarre from a 1st year player. Entitled attitude?
Jeez, I saw JHF having a red hot crack at just about every involvement. I'm thinking back to champs like Riccuito, Boak or Parker's first years as 18 year olds and can't recall those blokes having any more of an impact than Horne-Francis, and they were in much better teams at the time.

I just think there's too many people willing him to fail. Which is obviously fine if you're an oppo fan, but it doesn't add to the logic of the criticism.

On another thing, I assume a potential one week suspension after today's match will once and for all rule him out of Rising Star contention anyway.

Jeez, I saw JHF having a red hot crack at just about every involvement. I'm thinking back to champs like Riccuito, Boak or Parker's first years as 18 year olds and can't recall those blokes having any more of an impact than Horne-Francis, and they were in much better teams at the time.

I just think there's too many people willing him to fail. Which is obviously fine if you're an oppo fan, but it doesn't add to the logic of the criticism.

On another thing, I assume a potential one week suspension after today's match will once and for all rule him out of Rising Star contention anyway.
No one is questioning his talent. We are questioning his entitled, toxic behaviour. He is not a team player. North don't owe him anything. He needs to buy into the club or move on

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back