Jason McCartney - New Assistant

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think he's replacing the game day assistant coaches we've lost (Scott + Wallis), so we still need them, but he's a good appointment anyway.

Yeah doubtful they could find a replacement for Scott in one day. I think we still need two game day assistants. Welcome aboard Jason. We seem to have a very large development team.

"Congrats to AIS/AFL high performance coach Jason McCartney on landing a gig as development coach at Freo"

Great get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

now more than ever clubs have to make every National Draft Pick a winner....with McCartney, Simon Lloyd, Prescott & McManus we have a good team to get the best out of our picks & our development of these players...super stuff by the club :thumbsu::thumbsu:

"Congrats to AIS/AFL high performance coach Jason McCartney on landing a gig as development coach at Freo"

Great get.

Don't forget Everton - we've got a killer youth academy (Rodwell, Osman, Rooney, Hibbert + a lot u21/u19 England players)

Plus we keep picking mature age players in lower leagues and turning them in to highly influencial first team players (Coleman, Cahilll, Beckford, Baines, Jagielka etc.)

Moyes + Harvey = Premierships, titles galore :)

But yes, I can see a lot of similarities with FFC and the models Everton/Arsenal are employing for youth, development and picking up more mature players and developing them further

Interested to hear what Mayneman has to say - IIRC didn't have a very high opinion of him when he was linked to being WCE list manager.

Very happy with this appointment. Hard worker, overcome adversity, tough competitor, good bloke into the bargain; seems to tick all the boxes. His insight into the youth coming through from his AIS time could be handy for the next 2 - 3 years also.

Welcome aboard Jason!

Didn't his name get thrown up for a similar position at West Coast earlier in the year? What happend there?

Great get and should give good insight into this years draft.

Interested to hear what Mayneman has to say - IIRC didn't have a very high opinion of him when he was linked to being WCE list manager.

This is what he posted on the Eagles board. Maybe he has changed his mind? Mayneman your opinion please...

"Having met the man and listened to him talk, he's as thick as a plank."

"Actually reminds me of the weatherman from Anchorman, he's so dumb it's hard to put into words."

"McCartney really came across as a battler, like a clean shaven version of Dippa."

"Someone who shouts to get his point across and is full of cliches."

"Nothing insightful came from his lips, droll and really didnt leave much of an impression."

Remove this Banner Ad

Jason McCartney - New Assistant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back