Jason McCartney - New Assistant

Remove this Banner Ad

You_Stupid_Man.jpg

Met the bloke, heard him speak, he's as thick as a plank.

The gulf between Scotts ability and this muppet is massive.

Would love to say good appointment, cant, will be a spud.

I have to admit when i heard Jason McCartney speak as a boundary rider, I always thought he was a meathead.
I was surprised when he got the job as development coach at AIS and even more surprised to hear that he held the high performance coaching position.
I will more than to happy to be proven wrong during his time at Freo.

Very different to the feedback provided by the AIS boss. i can;t find the article now but he talked about his motivational speaking and communication. Obviously anybody involved in football when talking with the media trots out the cliche's but I have faith in Bondy and co, and McCartney's certainly a good story as far as far as overcoming adversity and having a crack goes, so I'll get behind the appointment until proven otherwise.

Let's not forget Harves is no Winston Churchill in the media either.

Being effective at hammering home consistent messages to a bunch of meathead footy players isn't always about being a smooth talking orator.

im not convinced on McCartneys ability.

Yes he has come from a good job, but how did he get that??

No big deal though as i think we will be ok no matter if hes good or bad, just not gonna get all excited an say wow he came from this job what a great pickup.
When i think he was just handed the jobs.

when reading his resume def sounds like best man for the job.

But he was given the jobs on a silver platter, im sure they looked deeper than i can an hope they have heard good things about what hes done in his time there.
As i havent heard a thing about what hes done there or young guys praising how good he was etc.

So like i said he could be good but im not gonna get all excited just coz he has come from such a big role at ais.

I have to admit when i heard Jason McCartney speak as a boundary rider, I always thought he was a meathead.
I was surprised when he got the job as development coach at AIS and even more surprised to hear that he held the high performance coaching position.
I will more than to happy to be proven wrong during his time at Freo.

^^^^
Well this is my opinion too - but then was going to post something like:

Let's not forget Harves is no Winston Churchill in the media either.

Being effective at hammering home consistent messages to a bunch of meathead footy players isn't always about being a smooth talking orator.

I'll wait to be convinced, but looking forward to it.

Have you met many IT managers? Some have repulsive personalities and cannot relate to co-workers or clients without coming across as complete tools. But they are good at their jobs and usually are quite intelligent. Other people never learn to speak or write very well but they can be very compotent at their jobs. My point is you cannot always tell whether someone is good at their job by the way they speak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you met many IT managers? Some have repulsive personalities and cannot relate to co-workers or clients without coming across as complete tools. But they are good at their jobs and usually are quite intelligent. .

The better I get at my job, the worse my interpersonal skills are getting - and trying to explain technical issues to people I constantly have to slow myself down because people don't understand me. Two of the partners in the business aren't pretty on the eye either - but they are better than me at what we do :)

books.. covers.. i'm happy to be patient.

The better I get at my job, the worse my interpersonal skills are getting - and trying to explain technical issues to people I constantly have to slow myself down because people don't understand me. Two of the partners in the business aren't pretty on the eye either - but they are better than me at what we do :)

books.. covers.. i'm happy to be patient.

Exactly

I love this guy, and to add... I have always thought the perfect communicator to a meathead footballer is a meathead footballer.

He is there to inspire the kids and get the basics right

Who better

FYI, I just had a look on the WCE board at the thread about Jason McCartney. Mayneman's opinions posted on that board have had a bit of airplay over here, but here are the opinions of a couple of other people that have also met the man. One of them is from Swannies, who regularly posts on the Freo board and I think it is fair to say has the respect of the Freo board. Not slagging off Mayneman, just offering the alternative views. As Southjoy observes, one mans opinion can be very different to anothers.

From Swannies
"I went to his coaching seminar, very impressive knowledge of players and good communicator and empathiser, the other applicants would want to be bloody good to beat him out. If we're looking to relocate our recruiting base to Melbourne, would work in well also.

From Southjoy
"One mans opinion can be so different to other peoples opinions.

I've spoken to Jason a few times. Very interesting guy and very knowledgeable of the next batch of kids coming thru as you would expect with his role at the AIS.
My only slight hint of doubt would come from some of the left of field selections into the AIS in face of more common opinion. But this could do more with others on the selection panels.

I think Jason would be great as would Bomber Riley. Knows the game well, what clubs require and is also a very good communicator."

Remove this Banner Ad

Jason McCartney - New Assistant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back