smilingassassin

All Australian
Oct 21, 2003
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
west coast
Media reports have confirmed that the Wiz has today been charged over a domestic violence incident involving his partner.

Farmer has had a difficult start to the year having lost close relatives in seperate incidents.

Sad to see.

You'd think it must have been pretty bad if his partner is laying charges.

Originally posted by Cat In A Hat
He is innocent until proven guilty tho.

On which planet?

Anyone with a media profile is guilty until proven innocent, even then there is still alot of doubt.

I hate the guy and think he is an arrogant little prick.... but the thing is, you never like to hear of players having personal problems like this.

Hope things turn for the better.

Innocent until proven guilty.

I don't see how they can turn for the better. What's his partner going to do if the judge finds him not guilty....go back to happy families? And what if the judge finds him guilty?

AGREED. I don't think they can do anything until he is found guilty which may take a couple of months.

It all depends on the facts, if he beat her to a pulp then I doubt despite his high profile nature that the dockers will tolerate such behaviour and I think he has the potential to be sacked.

The interesting thing if he got sacked, what would be response by other clubs?

I think he will be slapped a huge fine if found guilty with the potential to be sacked but Im not expert on the issue or WA law.

Originally posted by Porthos
I don't see how they can turn for the better. What's his partner going to do if the judge finds him not guilty....go back to happy families? And what if the judge finds him guilty?

Yes all good points. Hope he and his partner find a way to overcome these difficulties.

Well myself, if he's guilty, I hope she gets the hell out of there. The chances of recurrence are pretty high.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope his partner doesnt go back to him, whether the courts decide guilty or not guilty, they both know what happened. A court is about what can be proven not what happened.

I think she should leave and not come back.

Im not being racist but aboriginals and footballers dont make a good combination. We have MickO'Loughlin, Peter Burgyone, Roonie Burns and now Jeff Farmer in criminal controversy.

Im not saying white people are immune to these things because there is plenty of evidence with similar incidents by white people. I think we need to help aboriginal people make a better transition to afl FOOTBALL maybe the clubs need to take better care of their players. We have also seen players such as Justin Murphy, Dean Rioli, Martin McGrath etc struggle to keep AFL up with differing levels of success.

This is not intended to be a racist comment, im trying to help rather than be negative, we as a community must do more to help. I apologise if some people take this as racist and I would be dissapointed if people leave racist remarks.

I hope his partner doesnt go back to him, whether the courts decide guilty or not guilty, they both know what happened. A court is about what can be proven not what happened.

Im not being racist but aboriginals and footballers dont make a good combination. We have MickO'Loughlin, Peter Burgyone, Roonie Burns and now Jeff Farmer in criminal controversy.

Yup, they should have all stayed on the mission :rolleyes: :rolleyes: idiot..

There relationship is obviously stuffed up anyway so if its untrue and she is making it up then they have serious problems and if she is willing to go that far she is insane and he should leave.

I think if he did do it then she has to leave otherwise she is only asking for more.

And one final comment that I want to repeat: a court is about what can be proven, not necessarily what happened.

Im not saying white people are immune to these things because there is plenty of evidence with similar incidents by white people. I think we need to help aboriginal people make a better transition to afl FOOTBALL maybe the clubs need to take better care of their players. We have also seen players such as Justin Murphy, Dean Rioli, Martin McGrath etc struggle to keep AFL up with differing levels of success.

This is not intended to be a racist comment, im trying to help rather than be negative, we as a community must do more to help. I apologise if some people take this as racist and I would be dissapointed if people leave racist remarks.

There are more holes in that than a rabbit farm, suffice to say it allows me to write(say) the one thing I've wanted to in nearly 15 years:
"I agree with Homer".

Originally posted by Joffaboy
Yup, they should have all stayed on the mission :rolleyes: :rolleyes: idiot..

I didnt make a comment that they should stay on a mission. You are the idiot for dilebrately misquoting me and leaving half of what i said out. You are trying ton incite a racial arguement when Im saying that the clubs and commuinity should give more care and resources to aboriginal peoples.

Interesting that he's been charged today and going to court tomorrow. The first appearance is normally that soon only when the offender is refused bail and kept in custody. I can't imagine he'd be refused bail for this charge, so perhaps they are fast-tracking him because of the inevitable publicity.

Originally posted by scmods
Interesting that he's been charged today and going to court tomorrow. The first appearance is normally that soon only when the offender is refused bail and kept in custody. I can't imagine he'd be refused bail for this charge, so perhaps they are fast-tracking him because of the inevitable publicity.

I thought as soon as you were charged you were at the next time available taken to court and given a preliminary hearing and then in a month or so's time you went to the proper full on court case

Here come the cliche's again ; innocent until proven guilty, blah, blah, blah, . . .

I really find it troubling the amount around here that get their rocks off on the misfortune of others.

Further troubling is the perpetuation of racial stereotypes that imply guilt - then use these cliche's as a throw away line as an attempt to validate your views as objective.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeff Farmer Charged

Remove this Banner Ad

Back