Jeff Kennett - Master class

Remove this Banner Ad

Just heard an interview with Clarko on SEN and he has just added weight to Jeff's version of the contract renewal conspiracy. Just added injury to the insult Hutchy copped last night.

That was a very clever argument from Kennett. He stated the rule that A is true when B and C is true. He then showed B and C to be true which caused everyone to conclude that A is indeed true.

But the rule that he stated in the first place which is the basis of his argument, is not true at all. He stated that journos never question the parties involved when they are doubtful of the veracity of their story. But if you are convinced that the parties will not give you a truthful answer if you ask them anyway, why would you bother? I think there are plenty of examples where a journalist would not question the parties involved.

I agree the fact that he didn't talk to the parties doesn't mean Hutchy is wrong (despite Kennett's attempt to imply it did). But it does make Hutchy a crap Journo. Attempting to confirm stories with the involved parties before publication is standard practice by 'real' journalists, and they tend to do it even when they fully expect a "no comment" or even denial. The fact that Hutchy didn't bother speaks volumes on his professionalism.

In terms of Kennett's implications about not contacting the parties being equivalent to the story being false, while that is clearly not necessarily the case, one reason for a muckraker not to seek comment is because you don't want one of the parties to give you some believable (and possibly verifiable) reason why the story is BS, for example 'Well Hutchy, we discussed this with Clarko present at a board meeting on such-and-such a date'. So while the implications don't necessary follow, it does cast Hutchy's journalistic integrity in a bad light.

In any case, I think most sports journalists should be considered 'toy' journalists, so to hold them up to the same standards as the real journos is probably expecting a bit much.

He is the same prick who privatised Victoria's electricity supply and now we are paying through the nose for this disaster.

yeah he also took your broke basket case of a state and made it money and brought it back from the brink...thanks to the dumb arsed Labor knoobs

further more whilst your local councils ripped you off millions, Jeff came in and cleaned them out and restructured the whole lot to create a fairer system

further more he took the shithole docklands and turned it into a new CBD..

yeah, the Labor governments you've had have been really great :eek:

Of course footy clubs never lie. As Dr Turf said on SEN, the lies Kunnett told about not shopping Campbell Brown around only goes to demonstrate that clubs lie. Brown should have dropped him in it.

I agree the fact that he didn't talk to the parties doesn't mean Hutchy is wrong (despite Kennett's attempt to imply it did). But it does make Hutchy a crap Journo. Attempting to confirm stories with the involved parties before publication is standard practice by 'real' journalists, and they tend to do it even when they fully expect a "no comment" or even denial. The fact that Hutchy didn't bother speaks volumes on his professionalism.

In terms of Kennett's implications about not contacting the parties being equivalent to the story being false, while that is clearly not necessarily the case, one reason for a muckraker not to seek comment is because you don't want one of the parties to give you some believable (and possibly verifiable) reason why the story is BS, for example 'Well Hutchy, we discussed this with Clarko present at a board meeting on such-and-such a date'. So while the implications don't necessary follow, it does cast Hutchy's journalistic integrity in a bad light.

In any case, I think most sports journalists should be considered 'toy' journalists, so to hold them up to the same standards as the real journos is probably expecting a bit much.

I would have thought everything points to Hutchy talking to Clarkson about it.

Kennett bluffed about Hutchy not contacting Kennett or Clarkson, knowing Hutchy wouldn't call that bluff by turning around and saying "well actually, I spoke directly to Alistair".

It was a master class and Hutchy came out looking like a dunce, when he is most likely right.

Kennett bluffed about Hutchy not contacting Kennett or Clarkson, knowing Hutchy wouldn't call that bluff by turning around and saying "well actually, I spoke directly to Alistair".

It was a master class and Hutchy came out looking like a dunce, when he is most likely right.

Clarkson has already said Hutchy is wrong.

Its not the first time and it won't be the last.

AC is managed by Liam Pickering. Hutchy is mates with Pickers. Pickers told him he knew nothing about it. That is why Jeff said that Hutchy had his facts wrong not that he was lying. Pickers sold Hutchy down the river! Clarko can out today and said that he initiated it.

With what Clarko said today either:
1) Hutchy has it wrong and Jeff and Clarko are telling the truth
2) Jeff and Clarko are both lying. If this was true, what does it say about the class/resolve of Clarko to not only lie but to take it that it was his idea!

Either way, all good for the hawks and Clarko! I believe the first option myself!

Havnt read the entire thread so im not sure if its been mentioned, but apart from Hutchy, Barret also must have copped it big time before the show. When he started he looked filthy and very upset, and after he bought up his dirt on Nixon, Newman gave him what i would assume "another" spray. Bet he got stuck into him big time before the show. I hate Barret more than Hutchy.

Kennett is a class above Newman obviously and quite a few classes above Hutchy so the fact he was going to dominate the interview was obvious before it started. I thought the interview was pretty pathetic in general, Sam wasted questions with pointless hypotheticals about gay players coming out and drugs which are both issues that have been done to death. Was still good to watch Kennett though, I quite like him.

On another note, how bad was Trevor Marmalade? Can certainly see why he was given the axe a few years ago, he could barely get a sentence out without stumbling all over it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What question was asked that he didn't answer?

Why would Clarkson, as a career coach, want to delay contract talks until the end of the year?

Kennett deflected because there isn't an answer. There is no possible way that Clarkson would be prepared to delay negotiations. He didn't even tell Hutchy to ask Clarkson, because he probably got his information from Clarkson's manager.

Why would Clarkson, as a career coach, want to delay contract talks until the end of the year?

Kennett deflected because there isn't an answer. There is no possible way that Clarkson would be prepared to delay negotiations.

Some people back in their own ability. What if he gets a longer contract for more money by delaying talks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeff Kennett - Master class