Jefferey Garlett

Remove this Banner Ad

On a big screen TV and wearing the dark navy blue of Carlton he looked to have added a few pounds.

At training he looks like a Year 10 student. One of those sniffly undersized ones.

Not sure he'll ever bulk up but its about playing to his strengths and finding a way to use him. Also note Lappin played 200+ games being skinny.

Liked the look of the kid however I think people are getting a little too excited about him. He did kick a couple of goals and the snap over the shoulder was a great goal but when he had the chance to kick a couple of goals on the run from about 40-35m out was not close. If we want to be serious contenders to play finals this year we cant afford to be missing goals on the run from inside 50. Would be very surprised if he does play in the first half of the home and away season. Hope he can improve and become the excitment machine that he is capable of. His size is not a major issue but will need to put on 5 or so kg just to be able to stand up to the bumps he will recieve during the season proper.

If we want to be serious contenders to play finals this year we cant afford to be missing goals on the run from inside 50.

The glaring moment you are referencing, was late in the game, with a man hot on his heels, and he was kicking from a step inside 50. If you are looking for something to pin a 5 foot nothing, 33 kilogram small forward on, it is not this. Don't note that he had the awareness and acceleration to hear the voice/footsteps and accelerate away from his opponent before backing himself in to have a shot.

I couldn't believe it...

Until the game against the Roos I hadn't even heard of this kid, and I was pleasantly surprised in that game with him....but today!! :eek:

He is VERY impressive :thumbsu:

Absolutely. With Garlett, Yarran, and Eddie up forward, they could cause absolute havoc for any defense. The Bleakmond defensive lineup in particular, not only lacks height, it is also extremely susceptible to small forwards as Eddie discovered last year. Their problems just got 2 times worse. :)

Height is not Richmonds weakness down back (moore, mcguine, thursfield etc)....their major weakness is - FOOTBALL :thumbsu:

He would definitely be in my 22 for the season opener. I can't wait to see him get a full game. His chase, tackling, pressure is amazing, his closing speed is very good as well. And the awesome thing is that he is so skinny and he seems to have a bit of guts about him.

Brilliant again today. Delivered quality ball, good hands, created opportunities, defensive pressure outstanding.

He's a good find, this kid. His pressure in the forward line is outstanding & he demonstrated that his skills are up to 'scratch', after an uncertain start last week. A very handy player to inject into play for small bursts off the interchange bench.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Match Committee believe he will replicate his past two performances throught the H&A season, consider him a lock for a Nom. Rookie spot.

A deadset livewire with solid pack-reading skills and will, with time, improve his already ferocious tackling as he adds weight (and perhaps a bit more height). Appears strong overhead also, and confident to boot. Got the ball in his opposite pocket and didn't hesitate to have a ping.

Gotta love him!

If he is not a nominated rookie and Pfeiffer is, then it is a disgrace.

This kid is all class. Not sure if he's ready to play in the regular season just yet but he should be up for senior selection without a doubt.

He knows how to attract the football and his disposal is silk.

Given some time he could easily turn out to be a sensational little player. :thumbsu:

Stuff Pfeiffer (been injured so could be elevated after rd 11). The "Twig" and "Sauce" would have to be the two that get elevated.

The guy is all class, he wouldn't play every game but against teams with slowish backlines I reckon he can cause some havoc

This kid has astounded me ever since his game against the Roos. I didn't think he could possibly follow that performance up against the Hawks, but must concede i am pleasantly surprised.

Judging from the hype over the pre-season i thought he might be another servicable player... but WOW! Early days yet, but it looks as though we've found ourselves our own Aaron Davey via the rookie draft. :D

Lock 'Twiglett' in for one of the nominated rookie spots for sure. :thumbsu:

The Pfeiffer thing is what worries me too. If we indeed gave him some sort of guarantee that he would be one of the two nominated then we only have the solitary spot left.

For mine young Garlett and the Big Sauce deserve first crack. Jacobs gives us a more physical presence in the ruck and isn't as big a liability around the ground as i thought he may have been, well not yet anyway.

With Eddie Betts fairly quiet in the first couple games Garlett seems a must, always good to have competition/depth. I'm not great with the rules on this but i believe we can elevate an extra rookie about round 12 this year:confused: If so give Pfeiffer a crack then if he has earned it but please go with the other two from the start Ratts and co:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Jefferey Garlett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back