Rumour Jeremy Finlayson under investigation - 3 game suspension

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't like bullying but it's one of those things that build strength and fortitude.

If we mould a mollycoddled world, we build soft people.
My workplace if full of them. Always calling is sick, etc.

Are you suggesting that a bit of light homophobic bullying should be allowed as it will help adult, AFL level football players to develop strength and fortitude, and prevent them from calling in sick so often?

If not, this is just some self-absorbed garbage inserted into the conversation to muddy the water further; no different from the misdirection so many others have tried before you.

If that is what you're suggesting, I'd like to see your working out.

Agreed, bullying is never a good thing. To some extent I get his point though. Maybe it’s fairer to say something like there is a level of peer pressure that can actually build resilience in a person. To get through your entire adolescence life without ever once having a bad social interaction can’t be good for a person.

Who's been through adolescence without having a bad social interaction lol
Im guessing no one ever.

Are you suggesting that a bit of light homophobic bullying should be allowed as it will help adult, AFL level football players to develop strength and fortitude, and prevent them from calling in sick so often?

If not, this is just some self-absorbed garbage inserted into the conversation to muddy the water further; no different from the misdirection so many others have tried before you.

If that is what you're suggesting, I'd like to see your working out.

I'm suggesting bullying made me a better person.

Who's been through adolescence without having a bad social interaction lol
Im guessing no one ever.

This is exactly the point here! Not one single person in the world ever would go through their childhood and teens without being bullied by a classmate, teacher, parent, sibling or other.

The BIG PROBLEM here is whether or not a ‘word’ is considered a racial, sexual or social slur???

Does the AFL have to write a dictionary of ‘slur’ words that are unacceptable in today’s society? What if you called someone a ‘dickhead’?
Is this an unacceptable word?
Or ‘c**t?
What about ‘Shithead’?

Stupid? Dumb? Thick?

Ah now it’s getting petty… let’s stick to the topic here and not bullying.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haven't read the whole thread, but what about the term w*****? Wouldn't that be offensive to people who masturbate?

What about Idiot, wouldn't that be offensive to idiots?

What about peanut? Wouldn't that be offensive to peanuts? And by extension any nut? Yeah I know, they're not sentient beings but you can rest assured there'd be some human not worth the time of moment that would take offence to it.

You can see where this is going, are we going to get to a place where on field psych out insults are going to be banned altogether?

'You're a nasty bully player', nup not allowed to say that, that's a 6 week suspension.

I'm not suggesting that Finlayson should be allowed to slur the word bunch of sticks on the field, but what is the end game? Do we get to a place to a place where the want is to police thought?

Exactly!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't read the whole thread, but what about the term w*****? Wouldn't that be offensive to people who masturbate?

What about Idiot, wouldn't that be offensive to idiots?

What about peanut? Wouldn't that be offensive to peanuts? And by extension any nut? Yeah I know, they're not sentient beings but you can rest assured there'd be some human not worth the time of moment that would take offence to it.

You can see where this is going, are we going to get to a place where on field psych out insults are going to be banned altogether?

'You're a nasty bully player', nup not allowed to say that, that's a 6 week suspension.

I'm not suggesting that Finlayson should be allowed to slur the word bunch of sticks on the field, but what is the end game? Do we get to a place to a place where the want is to police thought?

Bruh, peanuts are technically not a nut.

They're legumes.

So yes, all nuts would be offended to hear peanut and all legumes are offended that peanuts are called nuts. And peanuts are upset about being lumped into the nut group inappropriately.

This is exactly the point here! Not one single person in the world ever would go through their childhood and teens without being bullied by a classmate, teacher, parent, sibling or other.

The BIG PROBLEM here is whether or not a ‘word’ is considered a racial, sexual or social slur???

Does the AFL have to write a dictionary of ‘slur’ words that are unacceptable in today’s society? What if you called someone a ‘dickhead’?
Is this an unacceptable word?
Or ‘c**t?
What about ‘Shithead’?

Stupid? Dumb? Thick?

Ah now it’s getting petty… let’s stick to the topic here and not bullying.

It's pretty ****ing simple actually unless you live under a rock. Racial and homophobic slurs are taboo. They are obvious, with no grey area, no matter how much the everything's gone woke brigade bleats and cries. It may change in response to societal norms over time. So what? Are you really that pathetic you get your feelings hurt because you don't get use a slur anymore?

Clarkson's insult is not really something with a history of homophobic use, so the AFL didn't really know what to do. He arguably got off lightly.

Given Finlayson is an indigenous man it is laughable to think that he would require education on not discriminating against people.

It's a bit like the drink driving education my mate did after being caught numerous times pissed behind the wheel.
He already knew it was wrong, he did it anyway because he didn't give a *.
Your mate is a dickhead

I know heaps of people who are soft and chuck a sicky every second week. They're not sick. They have no resilience.
It’s not that I don’t have resilience, it’s just that I’d rather get paid to sleep in and catch up on video games than go to work.

🤦‍♂️
Precious society.
What about the word “c***”
Isn’t that disrespectful to woman?
w***er?
The list goes on. Sticks and stones.
It's you who's out of touch, not the other way around. Try going around calling random people a f***** and then tell us how that works out for you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Jeremy Finlayson under investigation - 3 game suspension

Remove this Banner Ad

Back