Player Watch Jeremy Finlayson

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing is for certain with Finlayson is he definitely adds something to this side.
Went to get my jumper today at the club but they only had xxl and above. Want a small one. Definitely getting 11 on mine.

Kellie Finlayson reveals her cancer diagnosis has been ‘restaged’, is no longer terminal

The Advertiser said:
After being told she was going to die with terminal bowel cancer, Kellie Finlayson – wife of Port Adelaide star Jeremy – has received some unbelievable news.

When Kellie Finlayson was diagnosed with terminal bowel cancer at 25 years old, she was told she would not survive.

But in an incredible new twist, the mother and advocate has received news she may be cancer-free in just three months’ time – after doctors “restaged” her prognosis.

“After all the chemotherapy I had, they did a CAT scan … all the scans and they came back with no activity,” the 27-year-old said.

“What that means is that if there is cancer in there, it’s dormant which means it’s not spreading, which is obviously fantastic.”

Kellie, who married Port Adelaide star Jeremy Finlayson in a surprise wedding earlier this year, said even her medical team was shocked by the news.

“Obviously with the prognosis that I had, we didn’t think that would happen. My oncologist rang me … he’s like, this is crazy … he was shocked – I’m really lucky,” she said.

After months of gruelling treatment, Kellie said her cancer was now “probably small enough for chemotherapy to kill it off”.

“I’ve got a couple of rounds of chemo left and then radiating the one lesion (on the lung) that did show up,” she said.

“So in three months time, I could technically be cancer-free again.

“I don’t have that (cancer) hanging over me really – I don’t really think I did from the start.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I was a skeptic initially but I was completely wrong. Fantastic player and person to have at the club.

I put my hand up as a member of your club

I was thinking, why did we recruit him? sure he is good but he didn't seem to fill a need.

but how wrong was I! a great swing in the ruck, probably our best forward (out of marshall, dixon and lord) and great to throw down back when required

Watched the Project story and really does hit you in the feels. Anyone who has kids knows the one thing you want to do is see them grow up, see all the milestones in life, and be a part of it with them. I know for me getting a cancer diagnosis that was my first thought, not that oh shit, I could die, just that I am going to miss seeing them do so many things and they won't have me there to lean on if they ever need it.

Really happy to see this new diagnosis hope that means she gets to hit all of those milestones with her daughter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jeremy Finlayson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back