Jeremy McGovern

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone needs to pull their finger out. If it means cutting him so be it. Send a strong message.
I'm sure they're thinking along those lines right now. He's got to have a pretty good reason for having rocked up in the shape that he's in, even with the injury and rehab.

Looks like someone who naturally has to minitor his skinfolds but still very disappointing he didnt put in the effort when we showed faith and promoted him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should never of happened. I'm livid that Woosha was able to make a decision like that when he was no longer the head coach.

I dont think it would have been Woosha. Simpson said that he has been following 'the list management team' instructions this preseason so I think its fair to say that McGovern and the like would not have been promoted without their approval. I'm think Crazy Vozzo, list manager, may have had more of a say than Woosha.

Looks like someone who naturally has to minitor his skinfolds but still very disappointing he didnt put in the effort when we showed faith and promoted him.

Thats so unrealistic. Minotours are pretty ****ing ripped.

bull-man_03.gif

I like McGovern but if he has returned overweight after taking into consideration any recovery from injury he has to go. A strong message must be sent.

The bloke's been recovering from injury and is now fit for a full pre-season. He might be heavier then desired but he'll work it off pretty quickly.

Bit of a non-issue at this stage IMO.

Additionally, giving a player a unique program doesn't necessarily mean they are upset with the player but rather they're just dealing with the reality.

We don't even know if the club are upset with him. Even if they are, people make mistakes, it's not a huge one.

Perhaps we could wait before crucifying him?

Absence of leadership is probably a bigger issue. Surely he'd have checked in a lot over that period of time and if he wasn't then that's a player management problem as there should be a well integrated system where players, coaches and fitness staff all know whats going on. There was plenty of time for intervention if his fitness was a serious concern and if it wasn't then why wasn't it?

Which is why i don't think it's a major problem, McGovern did a lot of extra work last preseason and was in good shape heading in 2013. Assuming he keeps fit injury wise then he can build up his aerobic fitness and develop. Too much talent on the field to allowed to tread water as far as physical preparation and development goes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeremy McGovern

Remove this Banner Ad

Back