Jesper Fjeldstad -Man of many words,few insights.

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually thought the headline was an accurate summary of Jesper's own writing style - long-winded bubblegum.

I think its a fair thing to say that Neil Craig isnt giving a whole lot to the media at press conferences. Less than usual.

But, can you blame him? After the actions of some journalists treating his press conferences with disrespect and seemingly pushing negative agendas I think its probably fair enough.

I think its a deliberate stance by Neil and/or the AFC heirachy and it will be interesting to see how it pans out over the year.

On the money Macca!! :thumbsu:

Right on the money!!

I dont think the Crows will be giving anything meaningful to the Advertiser, no matter who the reporter is, ever again. Why should or would they? Everything is twisted into a negative story no matter what it is. Why give them something to burn you with. If the Advertiser wants meaningful information they have a long road to gaining back the respect of the AFC and the fans. Clearly they have none ATM, in either department. I think it goes much deaper than just Picklehead or this Jasper joker too, the whole paper has to some how wipe the slate. Maybe sacking Nigel Mansell (cant recall his real first name), the man that apparently determines what crap the reporters writes, might be the starting point. Personally, for me though its beyond the point of no return. I havent bought an Advertiser for, well, too long to remember the last one, and will never buy one again, ever. With so many other means of finding out whats going on in the comp and our club, there isnt a need for it now anyway.

I think its a fair thing to say that Neil Craig isnt giving a whole lot to the media at press conferences. Less than usual.

But, can you blame him? After the actions of some journalists treating his press conferences with disrespect and seemingly pushing negative agendas I think its probably fair enough.

I think its a deliberate stance by Neil and/or the AFC heirachy and it will be interesting to see how it pans out over the year.
Yeah, don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Good to see some common sense prevail.

I still maintain that Rucci last year attempted to use Adelaide's press conferences ad the ones from opposition coaches as a reverse engineering exercise and he was found out and Craig is now gagged from revealing anything in depth.

Rucci's problem is that he thinks he is too smart for everyone and is now criticising craig for not saying enough because he knows that he was found out last year, but is dumbly thinking that he is staying one step ahead of the club to try and cover his tracks.

He asked a question earlier this year, "I noticed that Goodwin came off at the 22 minute mark of the 1st and 3rd quarters was this a coincidence or is a tactic that you are planning to use for the rest of the year". Rucci thought he was too smart for everyone and noone would realise what he was upto, I remember last year thinking that Craig was being far too open with him regarding our tactics, so I am glad that the AFC have nipped it in the bud.

he didn't say anything that everyone living in Adelaide didn't already know. This city is too small to keep anything a secret.

It was just a collection of everything we already knew from a number of PO'd people who like to bitch to anyone who will listen

he didn't say anything that everyone living in Adelaide didn't already know. This city is too small to keep anything a secret.

It was just a collection of everything we already knew from a number of PO'd people who like to bitch to anyone who will listen

Sorry mate, I'd take Vlad's word well before Jesper Falsesaid.

Jesper only seems to listen to a bunch embittered old SANFL types still fighting the battles of 1990 and then comes out presenting whatever they say as fact.

Like the good Crows fan said, many words, little insight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is why he spent years reporting for the local bird cage liner on local footy in Melbourne.

Sorry mate, I'd take Vlad's word well before Jesper Falsesaid.

Jesper only seems to listen to a bunch embittered old SANFL types still fighting the battles of 1990 and then comes out presenting whatever they say as fact.

Like the good Crows fan said, many words, little insight.

yeah nah, some of those stories come from lets say, a much younger group of people

Although it did read like a Womans Day article, the point was that neither SANFL clubs will recieve AFL assistance beyond 2013? By then we are at Adelaide Oval and should not need it. Apart from Vlad's quote, how much of the rest is untrue.

The AFL have said that the latest round of assistance is purely to get both clubs to Adelaide Oval.

This does include the $1m the SANFL recieve on our behalf for our greater use of corporate and advertising facilities at Footy Park. Which makes sense as I am sure the club will push for this to be the norm at Adelaide Oval anyway.

Vlad only qualified his denial to 'i've never used those words', whenever you qualify any statement it's spin for i just got caught saying something that wasn't for public consumption in a meeting i thought was confidential.

It was undoubtedly his inference and someone paraphrased. The suggestion that he wouldn't have told members from Port in the meeting that they had to stand on their own 2 feet is ludicrous. He's told that to North, Bulldogs et al.

The other stuff that comes from 'senior players' about the forgotten 9, well, you go down to training of an SANFL team and you'll be told directly yourself.

The BBQ story - been around for ages, everyone knows it
The Darwin story - ditto
The Harvard story and the ex staff member - well known, even Rooch reported on that IIRC

add that to previous years - the cliques between family members, the meeting after the West Coast game its all common knowledge. The other Darwin story, the spat between player and player's missus etc etc etc.

Best you can say is it was mostly lazy journalism by compiling all the 2011 stories into one article.

I sent him a email to congratulate him on the most gutsiest article I have ever read. Thankfully he don't work for the powertiser as that article would have not seen the light of day.

notsureifserious.jpeg

Isnt the SMail the Advertiser but on a Sunday. With TV Guide* and LeCornu adverts.

*Do people still use printed TV guides??

yep, and he was rubbish then too. his DVFL coverage was farcical. i could not believe he landed a prominent spot with any capital city news sheet.

EFL was the same. I was thrilled when he disappeared... and dismayed when he turned up in a much more prominent role

Vlad only qualified his denial to 'i've never used those words', whenever you qualify any statement it's spin for i just got caught saying something that wasn't for public consumption in a meeting i thought was confidential.

Vlad's exact quote was 'I didn't use that quote'. That's PR spin for 'I didn't use those exact words but I said something pretty similar'.

But the Port faithful are clinging to that one phrase like a drowning man clinging to a life preserver.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesper Fjeldstad -Man of many words,few insights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back