Jesse >D< Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

tomaraya said:
going to the kangaroos under father/son rule.

i think thats Jesse W Smith of the cannons

Jesse D Smith will almost be a certain draftee, has blitzed them at both the u/18s champions and all throughout the TAC cup.

tomaraya said:
i stand corrected.

Jesse D was probably only rated low 2nd round - 3rd round pick before the grand final.

Definately a ball magnet and often in Calders best.

Lack of size is probably his only weakness 182cm inside midfielders are a dime a dozen - though his obvious quality will see him picked up by someone

Still unlikely to go first round though. If he want with Norths Pick 26 I'd be happy.

I doubt he will go in the first 2 rounds. Looks more than handy though. Not the type we need at North, but someone who needs a tough in-and-under midfielder could do a lot worse than Jesse D.

We'll have him then.

He was rated about a third round pick, but recruiters seem to love guys who perform in big games. Probably an early second rounder.

The only query I have is the depth in his kicking. A couple of shots at goal didn't make it past 40 metres on Saturday.

AT LAST , you guys are giving jesse d smith what he deserves. you have all been bagging him in the past and he has to get best on ground for you to notice that hes a great player. ive been tellin you all along. jesse 35 possesions and matt little to kick a bag, what happened in the granny when it counted the most?? jesse got his 35 and matt kicked 4. word going around is he is the new number 1 midfielder sought after by afl clubs in front of rough head who did nothing in the prelim. rumours circulating around afl clubs is that top 10 is likely.

juiceebangers said:
AT LAST , you guys are giving jesse d smith what he deserves. you have all been bagging him in the past and he has to get best on ground for you to notice that hes a great player. ive been tellin you all along. jesse 35 possesions and matt little to kick a bag, what happened in the granny when it counted the most?? jesse got his 35 and matt kicked 4. word going around is he is the new number 1 midfielder sought after by afl clubs in front of rough head who did nothing in the prelim. rumours circulating around afl clubs is that top 10 is likely.

Thanks Mr. Smith!

Teams that are lacking quality midfielders will probably take him relatively early, I have heard the rest of his season has been good without being sensational. His value will be very different to each club.

For example, North would be looking for potential ruckmen or key position players so he would not be as high as a priority to us, kind of the same reason we didn't get Davey, we had other priorities and he was taken before we could get him with a later pick.

A team that is lacking in good quality young runners will take him earlier than 3rd round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

juiceebangers:
"AT LAST , you guys are giving jesse d smith what he deserves. you have all been bagging him in the past and he has to get best on ground for you to notice that hes a great player. ive been tellin you all along. jesse 35 possesions and matt little to kick a bag, what happened in the granny when it counted the most?? jesse got his 35 and matt kicked 4. word going around is he is the new number 1 midfielder sought after by afl clubs in front of rough head who did nothing in the prelim. rumours circulating around afl clubs is that top 10 is likely."

i really wouldnt go that far! i really dont think infact i know he wont go top 10! i would really like to know who you get your info from because it really isn't reliable at all! no doubt he will most likely get picked up but not in the first round and definatley not in the top 10!

footy000 said:
did anyone hear his interivew on SEN sounds like a nice bloke, didnt seem to wont to take the credit for his performance.
Didn't hear that, would have been interesting. Had a chat to me a while ago and was a well spoken, decent kid.

Unfortunately a lot of the time people think the Grand Final best on ground types are top draft picks, but it doesn't always work like that. I'd hope Smith gets drafted, but remember guys like Dinnell, Treeby and Barham who have had very good Grand Finals the last couple of years and not gone on to be on an AFL senior list.

Tas said:
A team that is lacking in good quality young runners will take him earlier than 3rd round.

It is more involved than that. I wouldn't have thought that Geelong (Ling, Moloney), Collingwood (Johnson, McGough, Shakelton) or Hawthorn (Mitchell, Ries, Sewell) would be interested.

There aren't too many jobs for slow centermen. It is not enough to be good, there also needs to be a vacancy somewhere in the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesse >D< Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back