Jesse Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

JWS has absolutely no currency, I would jump all over a straight swap for MacDonald then I'd hump the shit out of it.

If JWS wants a change of scenery in the hope his body/luck will change, I can understand.

We won't get what he is worth on potential, no chance.

But then, he's played two games in two years and has an entirely rooted body.

Strangely, all the reports from people at the North B+F say he was in good spirits and didn't seem to be giving any indication he was keen to leave.

Weird.

Scott seems to think he is worthwhile as well, sounds like he might have just been trying for a longer contract deal?

Scott seems to think he is worthwhile as well, sounds like he might have just been trying for a longer contract deal?

I suspect what's happening is Jesse doesn't really just how low his market value is.

In his head he's still a super gun who just needs to get himself right. Probably thinks he can do better than a one year deal from North that'd be almost entirely performance based.

When he finds that's all ANY club will offer him, IMO, he'll stay.

If he had any issues with facilities/treatment at North, the fact that we have our new facility open soon and have changed the entire medical squad should assuage that.

jws is one of the most talented players you will ever see but it sounds like hes done for

will be shocked to see him reach the 50 game milestone

JWS has absolutely no currency, I would jump all over a straight swap for MacDonald then I'd hump the shit out of it.
McDonald is highly average. Smith gets his body right and he becomes elite immediately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is out of contract, given a one year offer and heard it wasn't on good money. He would be silly not to consider his options and test what his market value is.

I'd perfer him to do that off the back of a good year.

I would find it hard to believe he made through to the best and fairest last week if he was going to ask for a trade. He is hobbling around still, not sure what fitness test he would pass that didn't involve a wheel chair.

Yeah and if Lady Gaga didn't actually have a penis she might be able to legitimately be considered a woman.

MacDonald has done a lot more than JWS in the last two years.
I don't give a stuff about what has happened in the past. Otherwise we would drag Malcolm Blight out of retirement to help our forward line. Smith's scope for the future is better than McDonalds. We have invested considerable time in Smith, not McDonald. You have no idea how much of a no brainer this is for North supporters.

youre kidding yourself if you think hes worth anything

has probably played less than an hour vfl reserves since the last afl game he played at the start of 2008

I don't give a stuff about what has happened in the past. Otherwise we would drag Malcolm Blight out of retirement to help our forward line. Smith's scope for the future is better than McDonalds. We have invested considerable time in Smith, not McDonald. You have no idea how much of a no brainer this is for North supporters.

You might as well, you'd probably get more game time out of Malcolm.

Smith's scope for the future is a wheelchair. And it is irrelevant what NM supporters think anyway because he has rejected the deal and is looking to move, I'd be taking whatever I could get.

What happened to "we only want players who want to play for us" theory when this blokes off doing medicals with other clubs. :eek:
I think you've answered your own question. Maybe he doesn't want to play for us anymore?

If MacDonald is the offer I'd take it. He's no gun and doesn't have the talent of JWS, but he's a good solid player who can actually play from week to week.
We just haven't had any output from JWS in 2 years, with no firm indication that he'll be able to get back to his best form. It would be sad to see him go, particularly if he gets his body right after leaving, but like any form of trading, you need to do it with your head, not your heart. Take emotion out of it, base decisions on logic. Based on that, MacDonald is a safer bet (although I'd like to be a bit cheeky and request a better player or pick).

I don't mind McDonald, it is just that we don't need any players of his type at our club. I do not see a position for him to play in our side other than a depth player and you don't trade a gun for a depth player, even if the gun is injury prone because there is an upside that Jesse gets a break with the injuries. McDonald has no real upside, if he did, Brisbane wouldn't want to give him the arse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesse Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back