Jesse Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Think you guys have already said you can't find room for him under cap

Possibly.

Although that was said before we took Drum, and we sure fit him in fine.

If Smith is prepared to take the minimum then we'll fit him in. After all, the minimum would be about the equivalent to or only a little more than draftee, and we're clearly taking them.

So, while I will concede you that other clubs can offer more than us so he'll probably go somewhere else, I wouldn't concede that we can't fit him in.

given we didn't trade him because all the pickes offered were later than we were gonna use (53 is our 6th pick). I'd be surprised if he was picked that early

Possibly.

Although that was said before we took Drum, and we sure fit him in fine.

If Smith is prepared to take the minimum then we'll fit him in. After all, the minimum would be about the equivalent to or only a little more than draftee, and we're clearly taking them.

So, while I will concede you that other clubs can offer more than us so he'll probably go somewhere else, I wouldn't concede that we can't fit him in.

And exactly how much do think first year draftees get? LOL

Really think that he'll replace Birchall, Guerra, Ellis, Brown, Young and Muston on that HBF line?

Don't think so. Don't see him pushing out any of Mitchell, Hodge, Sewell, Bateman, Ladson, Lewis, Burgoyne or Rioli in the midfield either.

Ahh, Jesse. Wouldn't go to Hawthorn because he wanted to be independent of his Dad. Now look where he's heading.

Jesse has revealed a hell of a lot about his character - or lack thereof - in recent days.

I'm very tempted to say he'll fit right in down at Hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope JWS gets his body right as the young bloke is a real gem of a player-that damn preseason practice match at Optus Oval is the cause of all of this!

I hope JWS gets his body right as the young bloke is a real gem of a player-that damn preseason practice match at Optus Oval is the cause of all of this!

That was a factor, but the real cause is a immature, self centred pr*ck, who won't take any responsibility for getting himself fit.

We could have the best medical facilities in the world, but there is no use if the player won't drag himself of the couch to use them.

How about people take off the haters goggles and look at the kid, give the kid a go, and see what he is actually saying.

In 5 years he has had numerous soft tissue injuries in ankles and hamstrings, and after five long years they are still persitant enough at the roos that he is fed up with the rehabilitation at Arden street.

Now he has also shown that the lack of facilities is also an issue with Arden St being (before the new facilitites open) labeled one of, if not the worst AFL facilities in the league.

Now that said, they (North Melbourne) have tried, and failed in getting Jesse Smith right, and in his ambition to play AFL for a lengthy period of time, he has nominated to leave these 'poposturous' facilities at Arden St and try his luck elsewhere.

Give the kid a go, he has thought about this in length, and thought that his time at North Melbourne is up, and that his future lies elsewhere.

So. lay off the kid and see his perspective on life, the kid can play, his body has not allowed him to, the North Melbourne Football Club cannot get his body right, so, JWS is moving on, thats life, football is big business, and JWS has decided to further his oppurtunites elsewhere.

Good luck to Jesse Smith and I wish him all the best, the kid can play, and hope that he shows the North Melbourne fraternity what they have missed out on when he is dominating elsehwhere.

"PICK 33: Essendon: Essendon select, player.... Jesse W. Smith"

How about people take off the haters goggles and look at the kid, give the kid a go, and see what he is actually saying.

In 5 years he has had numerous soft tissue injuries in ankles and hamstrings, and after five long years they are still persitant enough at the roos that he is fed up with the rehabilitation at Arden street.

Now he has also shown that the lack of facilities is also an issue with Arden St being (before the new facilitites open) labeled one of, if not the worst AFL facilities in the league.

Now that said, they (North Melbourne) have tried, and failed in getting Jesse Smith right, and in his ambition to play AFL for a lengthy period of time, he has nominated to leave these 'poposturous' facilities at Arden St and try his luck elsewhere.

Give the kid a go, he has thought about this in length, and thought that his time at North Melbourne is up, and that his future lies elsewhere.

So. lay off the kid and see his perspective on life, the kid can play, his body has not allowed him to, the North Melbourne Football Club cannot get his body right, so, JWS is moving on, thats life, football is big business, and JWS has decided to further his oppurtunites elsewhere.

Good luck to Jesse Smith and I wish him all the best, the kid can play, and hope that he shows the North Melbourne fraternity what they have missed out on when he is dominating elsehwhere.

I agree lay off the attacks on JWS, i loved the kid and wished the initial incident hadn't occurred; but he also has to take some responsibility for what has occurred. The word is and had been during the past 5 years was that JWS was less than forward in attending his required rehabilitation sessions, having club staff ring him with no response and having to drive around to his house and find him sitting infront of his TV playing his X Box rather than attending rehabilitation is not how you overcome a serious injury.

Best of luck to JWS, but a note to all:

If a bloke couldn't be bothered to drag his arse off the couch to do compulsory rehab sessions then there are some serious issues with his commitment and dedication; if a bloke txts the footy manager of his club to insult him for not trading him (not offered enough to trade) there are some serious issues with his ego and maturity.

JWS has/had all the talent in the world. Yes, poor sonofabitch has had it tough injury wise, but he needs to grow up pretty quick or his career could be over. I hope for his sake that he gets some good advice from somewhere and pulls his head in and gives his rehab the dedication it requires.

I agree lay off the attacks on JWS, i loved the kid and wished the initial incident hadn't occurred; but he also has to take some responsibility for what has occurred. The word is and had been during the past 5 years was that JWS was less than forward in attending his required rehabilitation sessions, having club staff ring him with no response and having to drive around to his house and find him sitting infront of his TV playing his X Box rather than attending rehabilitation is not how you overcome a serious injury.

So prospective clubs will not only be getting a footballer with a permanent limp, who is unlikely to ever play more than a handfull of games, they will also be getting one with a shit attitude to go with it?

Tempting.:rolleyes:

I can't help but think that the clubs pandering to this melonhead has come back to bite it on the arse a la Carey.

The kid can play footy, but has a shithouse attitude. That is not the problem of the North Melbourne Football club anymore.

This is the type of post I would expect from a lemming who listens to a manager on the radio and takes his word as gospel.

The simple fact is that wether our factilities were elite or sub standard, there is a duty for the player to actually help himself. Just ask guys like Harding and Harvey, they haven't had any issues in overcoming serious injuries using our facilities and have actually overcome them quickly and without ongoing issues.

So let me guess? You would be very happy for Scott Gumbleton to walk away from your club because he can't get on the park?

Jesse has had access to the necessary medical staff and treatment, the real issue is that he is a boofhead who actually has a very inflated opinion of himself and thinks he is above what we are prepared to offer.

Yes he will be a gun if he gets on the park, but at the end of the day the North Melbourne Footy Club is better off without a person like Jesse.

Just ask Carlton if it is worth having blokes around with shit attitudes?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesse Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back