Player Watch Jesse White (Retired 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

We still would have been behind against Freo even if he'd kicked the goal. Don't ruin a good story with the facts though...
I said it last week and it got deleted. This guy is mentally weak. When he needs to kick the clutch goal, he never does.

He should have kicked that last one in the last, and then again when he passed to swan instead of having a shot.

He's cost us the Richmond, Freo and Hawthorn games. As harsh as that is, that is the reality.

I wouldn't drop him as he is the best option at the moment and he was actually okay around the ground, but his kicking at goal is an absolute disgrace.

Must be dropped.
He is a failure and a continual let down.

No man! He marked well and missed less than both Cloke and Fas. :) If they'd converted some absolute "gimmes" we'd have won. Simple.

We still would have been behind against Freo even if he'd kicked the goal. Don't ruin a good story with the facts though...
All true. What cost us against Freo was a lack of composure. Kicking in hope, dropped marks and defensive lapses.

Travis Choke?

2nbsoyg.png

Being a total n00b , I can afford to say that I do like Jesse White. Runs hard, does backup ruck work too. I would like to see him run amok without having to do the ruck work. Not the greatest kick sometimes but all were off target.
People make mistakes and if it happens to be him at our end of the chain why he should be flamed? The guy dropped significant weight in the off season. That is an professional commitment which I rate higher then some snorting idiots that some of us here want to see reinstated

I know we'd all love to fill the board with Roast Jesse White threads, but I think we can get away with just the one....keep pouring all your love for him in here, I mean, he was solely responsible for tonight's loss right! :rolleyes:

I said it last week and it got deleted. This guy is mentally weak. When he needs to kick the clutch goal, he never does.

He should have kicked that last one in the last, and then again when he passed to swan instead of having a shot.

He's cost us the Richmond, Freo and Hawthorn games. As harsh as that is, that is the reality.

I wouldn't drop him as he is the best option at the moment and he was actually okay around the ground, but his kicking at goal is an absolute disgrace.
No, the reality is that White should never have been in that position in the first place. If Cloke had kicked a couple of those relatively easy set shots he royally ****ed up, if Faz had converted 1 or 2 of his behinds, Jesse wouldn't have had to be trying to kick a clutch goal in the dying minutes to save the game.

He didn't cost us the Richmond or Freo games, and he didn't cost us this game. The entire teams overall inability to kick goals cost us the game. Singling out one player because they missed a goal at a point in the game where there was 100x more pressure than any other point in the game is bullshit.

We may as well say Cloke lost us the game for over cooking the handball in our 50 while we had momentum which resulted in a turnover and Hawthorn goal. See? It's easy! Choose a player, a certain point where they make a mistake, and all of a sudden it's entirely their fault that we lost. Just disregard the thousand other f*** ups through the game that contributed to the loss!

Jesse will never be a big moment player. He was ok for us tonight though I thought and he's very important given our lack of KPF depth.

White played well tonight IMO. He had 11 kicks, competed in the ruck, kicked 2 goals (Yes it should have been 3), lead ok inside 50.
Alot better then Elliot + Cloke who's 1.4 is beyond pathetic for someone on 800K a year.
Jesse just needs to keep it consistent, not 2-3 goals one week and a ghost the next.

Btw having Blair as a sub was a foolish decision when his usually very accurate in front of goal. (13.3 ytd)
Moore + Maynard were ineffective in my view.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All true. What cost us against Freo was a lack of composure. Kicking in hope, dropped marks and defensive lapses.

Freo kicked 7, possibly 8 goals from snap shots out of their 12 goal tally. They couldnt miss, plus we have a habit of giving up goals with 30 seconds or less to go in quarters. Walters ripped two out of his a--- with 16 seconds on the clock in the 2nd & 3rd qtrs.
that's what cost us the game against Freo last week. Rather than the Jessie white miss.
Also Richmond kicking 8 goals ( not 2.8 ) in the second qtr cost us that game.

White played well tonight IMO. He had 11 kicks, competed in the ruck, kicked 2 goals (Yes it should have been 3), lead ok inside 50.
Alot better then Elliot + Cloke who's 1.4 is beyond pathetic for someone on 800K a year.
Jesse just needs to keep it consistent, not 2-3 goals one week and a ghost the next.

Btw having Blair as a sub was a foolish decision when his usually very accurate in front of goal. (13.3 ytd)

Agree with you 100%... As much as i see people hate to say it! But i thought Jesse was fantastic around the ground tonight in the ruck and the way he attacks the ball is 100%. Gives us a leading option every time.. It's only a shame he cant kick those crucial goals... But don't think many people can these days... Only if Cloke could take a leaf out of Whites book... Instead of trying to man handle everyone in a one on one contest where half the time will end up with a 3rd man spoiling every time... so predictable

Blair should never have been sub. Came straight on and made a difference. Those who knock him should go find a new calling to be honest as they have not the slightest clue about the game. Would have been rock hard in the forward contests.
That said.....we should have ****en won easy.....
Cloke needs a week off...but I don't know when. We need to win the next two and unfortunately we need Cloke even as inaccurate as he is.
When Cloke takes a mark we need a player running past on ether side who can kick a goal. Goldsack and or the Seed for instance.
He should be told to handpass to one of the two in every eventuality.

I'm so pissed off with the inaccuracy tonight me cat has run off in a preemptive arseh*le saving maneuver.....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

And who the **** was on whack-a-mole Cyril?????
Should have been wearing him like a man skin coat.
****en seagull!!!!!

White was effective again tonight. But to state he lead well is wasn't his doing. This has been his problem all year that he is not a natural forward and he leads into the wrong areas. If you watch his replays again you will note that he initially led to the wrong spaces, but he doubled back when Swan and the like kicked to where they wanted him to lead. I think he will get better with Moore or Reid in the forward line.

I thought Moore competed well. He made a contest of everything that came his way and brought the ball to ground for the small forwards. One of his contested efforts directly led to a goal to Swan. Maynard tried to be too cute with the ball and thread the eye of the needle to a one on three situation twice, which led to turnovers and goals. He will get better with his first game out of the way.

To me Elliott and Toovey were ineffective. Toovey played too loose and leaked 5 goals and then butchered several kicks resulting in turnovers. Varcoe was good. Cloke's changed his technique once again. To me he is the biggest disappointment for what he is being paid. Four missed shots on little to no angle and no more than 35m out and doesn't come close to kicking them. Down the other end, Rioli ends with five straight.

Blair should never have been sub. Came straight on and made a difference.

When I saw he was the sub I was thinking like really, what the hell. Not sure the thought process behind having him subbed for an unproven player at Afl level. (Moore) Especially for a pretty high profile game.

White was effective again tonight. But to state he lead well is wasn't his doing. This has been his problem all year that he is not a natural forward and he leads into the wrong areas. If you watch his replays again you will note that he initially led to the wrong spaces, but he doubled back when Swan and the like kicked to where they wanted him to lead. I think he will get better with Moore or Reid in the forward line.

I thought Moore competed well. He made a contest of everything that came his way and brought the ball to ground for the small forwards. One of his contested efforts directly led to a goal to Swan. Maynard tried to be too cute with the ball and thread the eye of the needle to a one on three situation twice, which led to turnovers and goals. He will get better with his first game out of the way.

To me Elliott and Toovey were ineffective. Toovey played too loose and leaked 5 goals and then butchered several kicks resulting in turnovers. Varcoe was good. Cloke's changed his technique once again. To me he is the biggest disappointment for what he is being paid. Four missed shots on little to no angle and no more than 35m out and doesn't come close to kicking them. Down the other end, Rioli ends with five straight.

You really need to watch that again and not just take Wayne Carey's opinion as fact. Carey said exactly what you just said but the reply showed White pointing to exactly where Swan kicked it. It was the perfect leading pattern. Don't get sucked into Carey's hatred for White.
White found space 3 times in the last quarter and all he got off the commentators was 'he's being force fed', what rubbish.
If Gunston led like that they'd be saying 'he found separation' or 'he lost his man yet again'.
But hey Jesse Whites such an easy target let's not even give him credit when he does something well.

You really need to watch that again and not just take Wayne Carey's opinion as fact. Carey said exactly what you just said but the reply showed White pointing to exactly where Swan kicked it. It was the perfect leading pattern. Don't get sucked into Carey's hatred for White.
White found space 3 times in the last quarter and all he got off the commentators was 'he's being force fed', what rubbish.
If Gunston led like that they'd be saying 'he found separation' or 'he lost his man yet again'.
But hey Jesse Whites such an easy target let's not even give him credit when he does something well.

Agree with this 100%. Clearly shown below pointing to the space where Swan kicks to and he marks.

8zfedv.jpg

His second mark inside / on 50 in the 4th quarter he led well too, as shown below.

5agj14.jpg

6p9utw.jpg

6xuvk8.jpg

Last edited:
^thank you for posting above... hopefully shows a few people the improvements Jesse has made in these areas.

Need to play white in the ruck and drop pea heart Witts to the vfl and play Grundy as a swap with Grundy up forward .

Agree with this 100%. Clearly shown below pointing to the space where Swan kicks to and he marks.

8zfedv.jpg

His second mark inside / on 50 in the 4th quarter he led well too, as shown below.

5agj14.jpg

6p9utw.jpg

6xuvk8.jpg
Carey was right in what he said though. Swan put the ball in the perfect spot and MADE White lead. He wasn't leading anywhere near hard enough until the ball had been kicked by Swan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jesse White (Retired 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back