Player Watch Jesse White (Retired 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

White is frustrating. The whole crowd at the ground could see he can't hold a contested mark, he got ironic cheers when he takes a chest mark. the thing is no one is stepping up to take his place. maybe Brendon Abbott could be upgraded from rookie list to change the forward line up a bit.
not sure Reid will play seniors again.
drop white, play Goldy forward and have Grundy and Witts rest at FF rather than on the bench.

White had a crack tonight, hit the packs well and bought the ball to ground more often than not, but he doesn't have sticky enough hands to be played as the main forward. He's got great pace and agility for a big bloke, I just wonder if those assets would be better used as a defender.

Had an opportunity to redeem himself today. Had an opportunity to show us that when Cloke doesn't fire he can. Had an opportunity to take the game on when their main defender got injured. Had an opportunity, but showed us that he offers little.

#LetsgetsDixon2015

Can you please add kicking ability as a must. Havent seen one of those since Jack Anthony >_<

Now there was a man you could rely on to kick it through the big sticks..

Just a shame he was clinically insane :cry:

a_spt_anthony_16onn5j-16onn5o.jpg

Hate to bust any myths but Leigh (The Anvil) Brown got the same 12 disposals in his best years with us but didn't average as many goals (1) as Jessie (1.5)

The guy is doing ok for that role (3rd tall shit truck ruck/forward) it's the other two key positions (which should have been Cloke and Reid) that are killing us

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pc-collingwood-magpies--leigh-brown

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate to bust any myths but Leigh (The Anvil) Brown got the same 12 disposals in his best years with us but didn't average as many goals (1) as Jessie (1.5)

The guy is doing ok for that role (3rd tall shit truck ruck/forward) it's the other two key positions (which should have been Cloke and Reid) that are killing us

Brown added toughness to the team which was critical with players like Davis and Didak who would be targeted by opposition players. The Anvil would intervene.

White offers nothing from a leadership, experience, or toughness point of view. So what we get is his football ability, which sadly, isn't much.

Another poster summed both JW and Seedy up perfectly when he said they're both just DUMB. They both can play and have attributes suited to the modern game BUT they both lack game sense and an understanding of how to use their attributes to the best advantage. Hence, whilst still trying very hard they are effectively "treading water". I'm afraid they've both gone just about as far as they can go as footballers if they haven't improved amongst our current culture. Some horses hey? "You can lead them to water but you can't make them drink."

He flew high for his marks yesterday but just didn't hold them. I'm not sure he deserves the hate he gets on these boards. I have a hard time reconciling the vitriol he receives when I compare it to the adoration bestowed upon Kennedy, who just seems to jog aimlessly between contests and when he does get near it, he makes pointless errors trying to look fancy.

I guess we're all a bit sore after losing 4 in a row. Shame we couldn't pinch just one of them.

we've given him so much support over the last 18 months and this is how he repays us.
So much support? Gotta be kidding. Everyone fav fall guy when others stuff up just as bad.
He did shed a lot of weight in the preseason where others were powdering their noses. That he can't fill in for Cloke is a given( except maybe for missing set shots) but I don't think we should question his work rate or commitment.

So much support? Gotta be kidding. Everyone fav fall guy when others stuff up just as bad.
He did shed a lot of weight in the preseason where others were powdering their noses. That he can't fill in for Cloke is a given( except maybe for missing set shots) but I don't think we should question his work rate or commitment.

Whites not actually having a bad year the problem is he isn't capable of holding that 1st or really even 2nd tall target he is ideally suited as a 3rd option.

So if people put his performances in line with that most would be happy, but he is being asked to lift and perform a much more main role and this is where expectations fall down.

The difference is, in the big games, when we needed someone to put their hand up, the Anvil ran through blokes, terrified backmen and generally caused a bit of havoc and mayhem. He may not have got too many stats but when the Anvil was on the prowl our small forwards walked taller and opposition back men heard footsteps and looked over their shoulders. He was disruption personified and he was damned effective.

Jess, well when the acid is on Jess doesn't appear as though he is even out there, simple as that.

I thought he contested really well last night, continually flew against multiple opposition defenders and brought the ball to grown for our small forwards. Unfortunately our small forwards appart from Fas could not capitalise.
I think Buckeys post game analysis will be slightly different to those negative vibes on BF, again.

Whites not actually having a bad year the problem is he isn't capable of holding that 1st or really even 2nd tall target he is ideally suited as a 3rd option.

So if people put his performances in line with that most would be happy, but he is being asked to lift and perform a much more main role and this is where expectations fall down.

we're just expecting him to hold his marks and kick straight. I'm not expecting him to invent a cure for cancer.

A lot of people have mentioned Leigh Brown, but there's a big difference between Brown and White. When Brown first started with us, he couldnt kick straight and he made heaps of mistakes. We responded by encouraging him to be better by pointing out all his mistakes. We were brutually honest and Brown took it on board and turned it around and ended up being a BF favourite. We've been giving the same encouragement to White since he came to the club and White still hasnt turned it around. You would expect that if a bloke was called a useless piece of crap for long enough, that he would turn it around. He's absolute crap. I've been saying it for ages and I cant do any more to help him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jesse White (Retired 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back