Player Watch Jesse White (Retired 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I blame you then

well i cant do any more but I will continue to abuse him to try to get him to improve his game. I wouldnt call myself a collingwood supporter if i chucked in the towel and let Jesse off the hook. He is useless. He is an embarassment. He is one of the softest players who has ever played for our club ...but I wont give up on him even though it's a dead certainty that he'll never change.

well i cant do any more but I will continue to abuse him to try to get him to improve his game. I wouldnt call myself a collingwood supporter if i chucked in the towel and let Jesse off the hook. He is useless. He is an embarassment. He is one of the softest players who has ever played for our club ...but I wont give up on him even though it's a dead certainty that he'll never change.
That's the spirit :p

I've had absolutely enough of him, i've been supporting him all the way.. but i've wiped my hands with him. Delist.. or trade... whatever..

Leigh Brown played in defence sometimes and played ruck a lot more than White.. disposal and goal stats are extremely misleading to compare the two... but you already knew that, what's your agenda?
The agenda is simple, he's not as shit as you make out and as far as I can see everything is shit with you so what's your agenda?

The agenda is simple, he's not as shit as you make out and as far as I can see everything is shit with you so what's your agenda?

I've read your posts, and I understand the points you're trying to make. But you can't simply highlight his positive attributes and ignore the negatives.

Yes, he's important to our structure, but he is so limited that eventually he will become a liability for the team.

He couldn't land a mark because he doesn't know how to launch and position himself for a mark. I was sitting on the fence, I saw his marking attempts 3 metres in front of me. Absolutely hopeless. One arm up, twisting the body, doesn't know whether to look at his opponent or the ball, and ultimately gets out positioned and out marked. Woeful.

If anything, yesterday showed how vulnerable we are without Cloke. We need that strong marking forward who runs up the ground and provides a link for us when we get out of the backline. Bucks tried White, Grundy and Witts as plans B, C, D - all failed, and WCE strangled us.

Cloke -------------------------- light years ----------------------- White. We can't have such a discrepancy between our two tall forwards. We need to have a 2nd option who can fill in for Cloke when he needs to. White just can't.

I've read your posts, and I understand the points you're trying to make. But you can't simply highlight his positive attributes and ignore the negatives.
No one is ignoring them, he is what he is, but to say he's absolute shite is bullshit

He's averages a goal and a half every game.. Sydney would kill for that from Sam Reid and we all bust a nut over him and his half a goal a game and 12 possessions

No one is ignoring them, he is what he is, but to say he's absolute shite is bullshit

He's averages a goal and a half every game.. Sydney would kill for that from Sam Reid and we all bust a nut over him and his half a goal a game and 12 possessions
Sam Reid is trash

Brown was so much better than White that I find it hard to compare. So what a few stats look similar, Brown added mongrel, he was fierce.. If he made a mistake he wouldn't disappear he would take out an opposition player or 3. He could be used anywhere and was good at setting up goals.
White is a pussy, he continually taps the ball away from our goal instead of picking it up or marking it. He overruns the ball 90% of the time, he barely chases players despite his speed and agility.. and worst of all he is a putrid kick for goal.

I thought he contested really well last night, continually flew against multiple opposition defenders and brought the ball to grown for our small forwards. Unfortunately our small forwards appart from Fas could not capitalise.
I think Buckeys post game analysis will be slightly different to those negative vibes on BF, again.

Agreed, with Cloke down on Saturday he contested well. He hit the packs and brought the ball to ground. He seemed to punch a couple of times instead of going for the mark, I am not sure if that is what he has been instructed to do. He has been in decent form this season and he definitely wont be dropped anytime soon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've had absolutely enough of him, i've been supporting him all the way.. but i've wiped my hands with him. Delist.. or trade... whatever..

I agree totally. I still support him and I think he's an absolute waste of time. I think we need to humiliate him publicly by taking his collingwood jumper off of him. I would lodge an official trade for Jesse with Cam Wood, just to demonstrate how lowly we think of him. If that doesnt get him to turn the corner nothing will...

I agree totally. I still support him and I think he's an absolute waste of time. I think we need to humiliate him publicly by taking his collingwood jumper off of him. I would lodge an official trade for Jesse with Cam Wood, just to demonstrate how lowly we think of him. If that doesnt get him to turn the corner nothing will...

Stick with it Markfs, I like your public humiliation strategy. Remember Toovey as well, people here never gave up on him from 07-09, even going so far as to wish for a career ending injury to befall him. Look what happened - he became a premiership player. More vitriol is what we need here to help Jesse White reach his potential. Don't give up!

Stick with it Markfs, I like your public humiliation strategy. Remember Toovey as well, people here never gave up on him from 07-09, even going so far as to wish for a career ending injury to befall him. Look what happened - he became a premiership player. More vitriol is what we need here to help Jesse White reach his potential. Don't give up!

I'm not the only one who is doing his part to support the team. There's a ton of us supporting Jesse in forums across the land. One thing that I've noticed with a player who lacks confidence. You have to treat him like a dog to get him to perform. It's a well known fact.

I was looking at Reece Shaw in a Sydney game recently. You know, Reece is still making those silly little disposal errors. He is still panicking in certain pressure situations when he doesnt have much support..... but he's a premiership player and brings a lot of stuff to the Sydney backline. And I think the reason that he has become more successful is that the Sydney fans have never given him a moment's rest. They have sunk the boot in at the earliest available opportunity. They have always focussed on his worst points.... and Reece has rewarded them with being a solid part of the sydney defence.

Collingwood fans should be ashamed that we gave up on Reece. I tried to be too nice. It's probably because of the Shaw family history. Now i know that we should have sunk the boot in deeper. We needed to make Reece grovel like a dog. I suppose we're just a little too forgiving at BF. That's why I want us to maintain the pressure on Jesse.

Toovs and the Anvil would probably thank BF for giving them so much tough love in the early years at the club. It's something that we do very well here at BF and I think we've made some good players out of some weak, gutless useless pieces of crap like Jesse White. I'm still confident that we can turn him around if he shows some spine. I doubt that he has a spine but I'd like to be proved wrong and if I'm proved wrong, then I will celebrate the support that the BF community has provided to Jesse. A win-win you might say...

Wayne Carey suggested a psychologist for Jessie in the paper today

Of course this is a guy that banged his captain's missus in the toilet and glassed his GF so he has some experience in the field of mental health

yeh but Carey has some mongrel in him... or he did until Bruce started stirring him

and as for Kellie, I would question myself if I didnt want to bang her in the toilet. We're not asking Jesse to be more ethical or moral. We want him to hold his marks.

Noooo, he was soft as on the field.. you're thinking of Dermy

Thats an unfair comparison. Derms was the toughest ever. I think he admitted to that in his last broadcast game. Wayne had mongrel though. I'd like to find out what Dermott thinks we should do with Jesse. Has anyone got a link on that? The thing that I like about Dermott is that he makes complex stuff really simple..... really simple... like something a 5 year old can understand.

White was already supposedly seeing the same psychologist as Cloke after his miss at the Fremantle game.
Not sure if it was a one off or ongoing sessions.

If he had kicked 6~7 of his missed shots this year I doubt the heat would be on him as much, since he'd be at around Jamie Elliot total of 28 ytd.
+ considerable his best year of Afl.

These next few weeks will be very interesting to see if White can take the pressure and workload with our 2 key forwards out.
His got the opportunity to surpass Elliot if he can get his s*** together. It could potentially be a factor of whether his contract will be extended beyond 2016 as well.

Some data extracted from http://www.afl.com.au/stats regarding goal accuracy of players that have kicked more that 20 goals so far this year. White is not as shitty as people make out but is below average compared to the group. Surprising he has a better average than Gunston and Pavlich. Not surprised he is on par with Franklin.
Cloke is half decent in front of Goal, just below average of the group which was a surprise.
Elliot is a gun!

Make of it what you want, glass half full or glass half empty!

11205036_1633679873549086_2755802316788284290_n.jpg

White is currently having his best season and still is the number 2 forward (Should be 3rd forward) yeah he is frustrating but what else can we do play Blair as the 2nd forward?

Some data extracted from http://www.afl.com.au/stats regarding goal accuracy of players that have kicked more that 20 goals so far this year. White is not as shitty as people make out but is below average compared to the group. Surprising he has a better average than Gunston and Pavlich. Not surprised he is on par with Franklin.
Cloke is half decent in front of Goal, just below average of the group which was a surprise.
Elliot is a gun!

Make of it what you want, glass half full or glass half empty!

11205036_1633679873549086_2755802316788284290_n.jpg

His probably alot less expensive than some of those players in the 20-30 goal range too, especially Tippet.

White is currently having his best season and still is the number 2 forward (Should be 3rd forward) yeah he is frustrating but what else can we do play Blair as the 2nd forward?

The problem with these percentages is that if a player gets a lot of shots from the goal square then accuracy goes up. People love these stats because NBA use them. Of course, for basketball the free throw is from the same spot every time. even field goals in basketball are roughly the same, certainly compared to "field goals" in AFL which might range from a joe-the-goose in the goal square to a travis cloke 50 metre from the boundary line....

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jesse White (Retired 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back