Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

You gotta be in it to win. Would you rather lose a GF or win the spoon? Winning the spoon have consequences, crowd figures, sponsorship money etc. We experienced that in 2012.

You're getting 23k to a home game and that number is skewed due to 2 vic teams usually. But still very low

Don't think either matters too much. If losing a gf or avoiding a spoon is your stated aim then that's great.

I agree with you that winning a premiership will have knock on effects of improved attendance and membership, but again, I don't think looking at those metrics in isolation means much.

Don't think either matters too much. If losing a gf or avoiding a spoon is your stated aim then that's great.

I agree with you that winning a premiership will have knock on effects of improved attendance and membership, but again, I don't think looking at those metrics in isolation means much.
IMO spoons should cancel flags, spoon is the opposite of winning a flag, in any football league you would have been relegated by now. Look at richmonds numbers, fallen off the cliff. It does have a knock on effect. Our attendances been up, helped us wipe off a large chunk of our debt too. Being competitive does come with benefits.

Don't want wardlaw, JHF is better. Ask any port fan, i'd not do the trade with wardlaw even if you throw a top pick with him.

hahahaha, dumm spits, 9 possession.

Wardlaw beats hornes francis any given day. He is right in the guts from game 1.

Hornes flip flops forward and back as he could dominant neither.

As for sheezal, don't worry, no one on your can compete with him, no one in your clubs afl/sanfl history can compete.

IMO spoons should cancel flags, spoon is the opposite of winning a flag, in any football league you would have been relegated by now. Look at richmonds numbers, fallen off the cliff. It does have a knock on effect. Our attendances been up, helped us wipe off a large chunk of our debt too. Being competitive does come with benefits.
Yeah don't think the Richmond fanbase cares given their recent dynasty. The same for West Coast.

errr tigs won 3 flags mate, now they are off to rebuild, lol.

If i remembered correctly, your mob chocked against them in the 2020 pf when you led by 20 at 3q times.

You go up, you come down, stay down and get the picks and then build.

Oh you think you can just stay in the 8 indefinitely by....just replacing the players who get old. lol sure mate sure.

errr tigs won 3 flags mate, now they are off to rebuild, lol.

If i remembered correctly, your mob chocked against them in the 2020 pf when you led by 20 at 3q times.

You go up, you come down, stay down and get the picks and then build.

Oh you think you can just stay in the 8 indefinitely by....just replacing the players who get old. lol sure mate sure.
You have clearly lost it. Go cool down mate..no need to quote posts where i was replying to someone else.

It will have an effect down the line, if they keep being shit. I'd rather do a geelong style building than Hawthorn
We still need to see where the Geelong experiment lands. Brad Scott kept north similarly competitive for a long time but in the end we collapsed. The Geelong experiment is ongoing.

It will have an effect down the line, if they keep being shit. I'd rather do a geelong style building than Hawthorn

There is no such thing as geelong style rebuild, it's callled ****ING CHEATING THE SALARY CAP WITH 3RD PARTY DEALS.

They don't work when you don't have a very strong core and even geelong is getting close to the end of that core with dangerfield hawkin nearing finish.

We still need to see where the Geelong experiment lands. Brad Scott kept north similarly competitive for a long time but in the end we collapsed. The Geelong experiment is ongoing.
Indeed time will tell, all teams bottom out eventually, but gee North seems to be the worst of the lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port is not in any position to replicate geelong as your core is nowhere near geelong's post 2011 core, esp after they got dangerfield. You don't have the core players anywhere near what they had to keep on topping up.

Your best chance of winning a flag was in 2014 and 2020 and you choked in both games by 3 points. Wasted decade.

Indeed time will tell, all teams bottom out eventually, but gee North seems to be the worst of the lot.
It's been a rough trot but I think we're turning the corner finally.

Im not trying to bait you but watching George Wardlaw play is some solace while we wait for some north success. I'm sure you feel the same watching jhf.

Port is not in any position to replicate geelong as your core is nowhere near geelong's post 2011 core, esp after they got dangerfield. You don't have the core players anywhere near what they had to keep on topping up.

Your best chance of winning a flag was in 2014 and 2020 and you choked in both games by 3 points. Wasted decade.
No one is talking to you , child. Grow up.

homer abandon thread GIF

It's been a rough trot but I think we're turning the corner finally.
Any club would, with the concession picks you got lined up. It takes the risk away from the system and reward failures. This is embarrassing to me as you already have top draft picks lined up, in addition to that so many first round picks and beginning of 2nd round draft picks just makes the process easier.. This isn't fair to the other teams in the AFL.

Any club would, with the concession picks you got lined up. It takes the risk away from the system and reward failures. This is embarrassing to me as you already have top draft picks lined up, in addition to that so many first round picks and beginning of 2nd round draft picks just makes the process easier.. This isn't fair to the other teams in the AFL.
I don't feel too bad given I grew up watching big 4 clubs feast on round 1 priority Draft picks. The advantages of those picks are ongoing today.

We've never had one despite our record being the worst of all time. The mismatch in treatment means any embarassment is minimal to nonexistent.

it's not pick 3 for mckay right?

The first round picks came from ladder finishes so i am not sure where you are getting your info.

I do understand pick 3 for mckay got the heckle up in many people but that's how compo works im afraid.

If some schmuck paid zurhaar 6 x 1 mil and we finished last, it's pick 2 based on the current rule.

Please address the bald, how is it fair when clubs like hawk, pies, carlton all got pick 2/s as PP?

I don't feel too bad given I grew up watching big 4 clubs feast on round 1 priority Draft picks. The advantages of those picks are ongoing today.

We've never had one despite our record being the worst of all time. The mismatch in treatment means any embarassment is minimal to nonexistent.
Priority picks were scrapped for the very same reason. But north received one too many picks. I mean 3 friggen first round picks this year in addition to your pick 1!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back