Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

Priority picks were scrapped for the very same reason. But north received one too many picks. I mean 3 friggen first round picks this year in addition to your pick 1!!!!

Fisher, tucker, Logue is nice but doesn't compare to Luke hodge, Chris Judd, Brett deledio, Jarryd Roughead, Marc Murphy, Alex rance. I'd much rather one of those.

Fisher, tucker, Logue is nice but doesn't compare to Luke hodge, Chris Judd, Brett deledio, Jarryd Roughead, Marc Murphy, Alex rance. I'd much rather one of those.
Brett deledio was pick 1 , so was marc murphy, if you take away the priority concept, those were pick 1 for the wooden spoon carlton and richmond won that year. Under present rules that would be pick 1. You can say Josh kenndy for priority for carlton and richard tambling for richmond.

Brett deledio was pick 1 , so was marc murphy, if you take away the priority concept, those were pick 1 for the wooden spoon carlton and richmond won that year. Under present rules that would be pick 1. You can say Josh kenndy for priority for carlton and richard tambling for richmond.
They're priority picks just like Fisher Logue and Tucker.

I am not disputing that they were priority picks, i am saying under present rules they would still get those picks for winning the spoon
Fair enough. That compensation exceeds what is currently provided.

I disagree, 3 years in a row you had concession picks. That makes it 4 first round draft picks and 2 category A rookie spots.

Also band 1 compo for McKay looks extremely shady.

Ahhh yes mate, been waiting for that, it's called compo there is a formula.

Shady, becaues you didn't like it its shady.

So how would you describe melb getting pick 3 for jameas frawly?

Ahhh yes mate, been waiting for that, it's called compo there is a formula.

Shady, becaues you didn't like it its shady.

So how would you describe melb getting pick 3 for jameas frawly?
A formula that no one knows and it's the best kept secret. In what world is McKay a better player than Dangerfield?

A formula that no one knows and it's the best kept secret. In what world is McKay a better player than Dangerfield?

errr you do realise the formula is not suppose to be known so clubs can't blantantly exploit the system.

If we know, we would package off a zurhaar to get saints to pay like 1 mil a season for 6 years for us to get pick 3 or 4 and then we give some sweetener in another trade for picks during the draft.

errr you do realise the formula is not suppose to be known so clubs can't blantantly exploit the system.

If we know, we would package off a zurhaar to get saints to pay like 1 mil a season for 6 years for us to get pick 3 or 4 and then we give some sweetener in another trade for picks during the draft.
Frawley had a better case than McKay, Frawley kept Kenndy goalless in that Grand final, was pretty good for Melbourne..way better than McKay ever was for North.

McKay reported wage was about 1.2 million for the first 3 years and then the base wage for the last 3. Which doesn't make him equal to Dangerfield's package.

I disagree, 3 years in a row you had concession picks. That makes it 4 first round draft picks and 2 category A rookie spots.

Also band 1 compo for McKay looks extremely shady.
Pick 4 (josh Kennedy) is better than picks 29 and 32.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well you didn't say Matty Kruzer or Richmond tambling. Murphy and Deledio were barely ground breaking picks. Only Hodge and Judd, Rance and Roughhead was
Think were getting lost in the weeds here. The pick 2-4 range is better than pick 29 and 32. We don't need to look at the specific players.

Frawley had a better case than McKay, Frawley kept Kenndy goalless in that Grand final, was pretty good for Melbourne..way better than McKay ever was for North.

McKay reported wage was about 1.2 million for the first 3 years and then the base wage for the last 3. Which doesn't make him equal to Dangerfield's package.

Mate, making up stats won't save your arguements, thompson kept buddy goalsless back in 2014 so based on your logic, he is worth a pick 1 and is a much better defender than kennedy.

Back to mackay, he did a single handed job as fullback in bottom years, so he is far better than frawly in the role he plays, i.e. fullback to is tall, spoils and intercept.

Mckay got paid enough to get a band 1 compo, i am sorry for you that's reality. Band 1 compo is one pick after your position, so im sorry but that's how the system works, nobody cares about your opinion as funny as it is.

Dangerfield took pay cut and he got compensated with 3rd party free blocks of land to enjoy his new life style hence his compo is a bit less. We don't cheat salary cap like some clubs or spit the dummy when things don't go our way.

4 first round draft picks mate, come on. Rance himself was end of first round pick. Richmonds priority was the same as yours in 2022.
The actual pick number matters. I don't think obfuscating your argument with "first round Draft pick" helps. Happy to go through it year by year to see the reality.

Mckay got paid enough to get a band 1 compo, i am sorry for you that's reality. Band 1 compo is one pick after your position, so im sorry but that's how the system works, nobody cares about your opinion as funny as it is.

Dangerfield took pay cut and he got compensated with 3rd party free blocks of land to enjoy his new life style hence his compo is a bit less. We don't cheat salary cap like some clubs or spit the dummy when things don't go our way.
Um no, he wasn't. His salary was way less than Dangerfield who was 900k a year in 2015, inflation adjusted equal to 1m+/year right now. McKay's REPORTED deal was several levels lower.

Um no, he wasn't. His salary was way less than Dangerfield who was 900k a year in 2015, inflation adjusted equal to 1m+/year right now. McKay's REPORTED deal was several levels lower.

Errr 6 years at 850k, read, 6 years. Extra year means greater contract.

Also, dangerfield got no compo because adelaide matched.

It was danger + pick 50 for dean gore, pick 9 and 28.

Boom, your compo whinge shut down. How much he was paid was irrlelvant because there was no compo but trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back