Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminds me a lot of Michael Voss.
I like this, Voss as a power midfielder was incredible.

I know it’s Port SANFL irrelevancy to most, but many around the club talk about the great Russell Ebert. The way he covers the ground, power to run from a contest with the ball, strength to take marks and go forward.

Power, balance, aversion skills, speed, contested mark, excellent disposal, super smart, has an inside and outside game.

The only negative I could possibly find is he can go missing at times. But that's a stretch really as he is so effective.

And don't you just love it when he goes forward?

And at 21, he hasn't reached his peak.

I thought the rest of the team was rubbish, so why can’t we?
Port are set up for a Dynasty.. you guys are a decent ruck and one KPD away from being pretty much unstoppable. Only thing that stops you from winning it this year is the mental side of things.. pressure. Ports flag to lose...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port are set up for a Dynasty.. you guys are a decent ruck and one KPD away from being pretty much unstoppable. Only thing that stops you from winning it this year is the mantal side of things.. pressure. Ports flag to lose...
They have issues with age. Alot of their best 22 are 29-30 years old. They don't have enough talented replacements in the wings.

This kid is a gem to watch.

Love his aggression at the ball and other players. Love his gut running.

Amazing if you just let a kid play footy, he will pay it back to you in spades.

North Melbourne supporters must still hurt seeing him

I like this, Voss as a power midfielder was incredible.

I know it’s Port SANFL irrelevancy to most, but many around the club talk about the great Russell Ebert. The way he covers the ground, power to run from a contest with the ball, strength to take marks and go forward.
Agree, plus shades of Danger & alos Nathan Buckley with the blood hair and socks always up

Port are set up for a Dynasty.. you guys are a decent ruck and one KPD away from being pretty much unstoppable. Only thing that stops you from winning it this year is the mantal side of things.. pressure. Ports flag to lose...

Luckily we have mental titan ken hinkley inspiring our players by talking about how scary finals are then

They have issues with age. Alot of their best 22 are 29-30 years old. They don't have enough talented replacements in the wings.
Have you really looked at our squad?

Boak will retire
Dixon will retire
Clurey SANFL
McKenzie SANFL

Only 30y in our squad

29yo are only Aliir, Wines and Rioli.

Only 28yo playing is Byrne Jones, with Finlayson and Soldo in the wings

27? Burton and Houston. That’s it.

Port Adelaide does have weaknesses, which will be tested in finals now. But our age profile is not one of them

Have you really looked at our squad?

Boak will retire
Dixon will retire
Clurey SANFL
McKenzie SANFL

Only 30y in our squad

29yo are only Aliir, Wines and Rioli.

Only 28yo playing is Byrne Jones, with Finlayson and Soldo in the wings

27? Burton and Houston. That’s it.

Port Adelaide does have weaknesses, which will be tested in finals now. But our age profile is not one of them
You just demonstrated the issue.
You have three mids for a decade, and the team around them is aging.
In three years time when you have no Dixon, Boak, Houston, Allir, Rioli, Wines and a less capable DBJ, Fin, and Burton.
That's alot of experience and quality to lose, and no guarantees you can replace them.

In three years time when you have no Dixon, Boak, Houston, Allir, Rioli, Wines and a less capable DBJ, Fin, and Burton.
That's alot of experience and quality to lose, and no guarantees you can replace them.
People have said this about Geelong for 20 years. Good strategy can replace them

Last edited:
Dixon is cooked and operating as placeholder as in 3rd tall position until Marshall or Lord (or whoever) takes that spot, he's not critical

Boak - a roleplayer, not critical
Wines - since being demoted is a serviceable mid and can be effective but he's not critical
Houston probably going to be traded anyway let's see how the finals pan out without him
Allir, gee he's athletic, maybe critical?

Rioli is great but it's not like small forwards are hard to find

DBJ, Fin & Burton are either not in the 22 or if they are they are lucky to be, not critical

This is about JHF anyway

So now we’re talking 3 years time, not now?

And there no succession plans in our squad to replace some of these players.
And there’s no improvement in the draftees we have to step in over the next 3 years.
And there’s no trade or draft strategy to bring in players to fill needs.

I guess there are 18 teams in trouble then.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/07/10/ranking-the-young-cores-of-all-18-afl-clubs-in-2024/#

You are clutching at straws
Love the way JHF, Burgoyne, Georgiadis, Bergman, Evans, Mead have come on this season
Our young blokes are doing the heavy lifting now
Plus it wouldn’t surprise me if we trade into a few high first rounders soon like the wingard deal
And we got a truckload of father son prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back