Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

You just demonstrated the issue.
You have three mids for a decade, and the team around them is aging.
In three years time when you have no Dixon, Boak, Houston, Allir, Rioli, Wines and a less capable DBJ, Fin, and Burton.
That's alot of experience and quality to lose, and no guarantees you can replace them.

If recent history has shown anything, it's that Port's recruiting is second to none. I'd be a bit more worried about your own back yard, frankly.

Anyway .... back to Jason "I've got the Horne!" Horne-Francis ... boy's seriously good. #icebath

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/07/10/ranking-the-young-cores-of-all-18-afl-clubs-in-2024/#

You are clutching at straws
Love the way JHF, Burgoyne, Georgiadis, Bergman, Evans, Mead have come on this season
Our young blokes are doing the heavy lifting now
Plus it wouldn’t surprise me if we trade into a few high first rounders soon like the wingard deal
And we got a truckload of father son prospects
I'm seeing a lot of the Clarko Hawks mentality in Port. I remember the players constantly talking about how they have a player come out and another one steps up. Obviously they'd never have covered Franklin but everytime they had an injury, they had guys like Whitecross etc who would step up.

Obviously the elites will hurt more. Losing JHF and Butters would be huge but with Houston, Wines, Boak, Aliir they will find a guy to step up. Port already brought in BZT, Logan Evans, Sweet and Soldo.

I think when you get your structures right you can play that strategy. Look what Mead's been able to achieve this season.

If recent history has shown anything, it's that Port's recruiting is second to none. I'd be a bit more worried about your own back yard, frankly.

Anyway .... back to Jason "I've got the Horne!" Horne-Francis ... boy's seriously good. #icebath
I'm definitely getting #18 on my next jumper. I love Butters and Rozee, Wines, Boak etc but He's on the same level for mine as Wanganeen. All time fav players which I have jumpers for are Wanganeen, P. Burgoyne, and now JHF

Our list is shaping up fine, you should hope that the team gets Jason a flag in the next couple of years, because that window is closing.

In three years time when you have no Dixon, Boak, Houston, Allir, Rioli, Wines and a less capable DBJ, Fin, and Burton.
That's alot of experience and quality to lose, and no guarantees you can replace them.
Houston will net us 2 first rounders. While that's not a guarantee, we have drafted really well when had our first back, i'd back us to get a suitable replacement for one or two of these positions. We are already looking at Perryman and Cumming, they have more than just handy replacements. We are more than covered up forward with Rat going alright. We just need Marshall to find his 2023 form alongside Mitch. Key defenders will be an issue so i reckon we do need to trade for one there. But have midfield more than covered with Butters, Rozee,JHF, Drew and Sweet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait, why are Houston, Rioli, aliir, and Wines retiring in 3 years? Because they're 30? Can't players play beyond 30?

Don't you guys basically have the same problem but just in the forward line?

You're still relying on Laird and Crouch to carry your midfield after a rebuild

Wait, why are Houston, Rioli, aliir, and Wines retiring in 3 years? Because they're 30? Can't players play beyond 30?

Don't you guys basically have the same problem but just in the forward line?

You're still relying on Laird and Crouch to carry your midfield after a rebuild
Laird is no longer the player he used to be. Crouch is a fraud. Cheap stats etc

At the risk of repeating myself from another thread in a previous time, I get why North fans would feel jilted by him leaving but for all us others if you can't enjoy watching this kid play I feel sorry for you.
Has talent to burn, no histrionics and always seems to be busting his backside for the team, would kill to have him in my team.

Because Tippet accepted a third party payment.

You’re really gonna tell me with a straight face that nothing like that has ever occurred at Geelong…
Hey, that’s slanderous, I doubt that players plan to move Geelong because they’re aware of a totally independent regional land deal which they unbelievably come across at the exact time it’s a distressed sale and is available for half land value, thereby securing an amazing unrelated asset to safeguard their financial future after accepting a totally unrelated reduced playing contract to help the team keep/sign all their players.

People used to say the same thing at the turn of the century about Port Adelaide and McDonald’s franchises.

Can’t believe any of it’s true really. If they wanted to rort the cap, they’d just organise ambassadorships.

Thats three years of draftees and recruits to offset the small number of aging players we have.

On the same theory, you’ll have no Laird, Crouch, Smith, Walker, Keays, ROB, Strachan, Dawson will be almost 32, all except one of those would be in your top 10-12 players. Plus underperforming guys who havent lived up to expectation like Mchenry, Pedlar, Jones, Cook, Schoenberg, Gollant et al that you still need to move on.

Every club has aging players that need to be replaced three years down the track

Thats three years of draftees and recruits to offset the small number of aging players we have.

On the same theory, you’ll have no Laird, Crouch, Smith, Walker, Keays, ROB, Strachan, Dawson will be almost 32, all except one of those would be in your top 10-12 players. Plus underperforming guys who havent lived up to expectation like Mchenry, Pedlar, Jones, Cook, Schoenberg, Gollant et al that you still need to move on.

Every club has aging players that need to be replaced three years down the track
Harsh Macca, Pedler may not become an elite Mid but think he will play many of A Grade games, Jones again not going to evolve into a front line/best 6 player but will have a long career. Cook I really like the look of, not to be a Key Position player, but in a Bassett third tall defender he may be well suited.

With their exit interviews and Borlace out of contract, I would still love him to suit up for us for a year. I think he would excel in our system where Rat struggled.

It's a good point.

The idea that we just have to sit on our bums and wait 3 years for players to age and then retire them all at the same time is bizarre!

What about all the list management choices (Drafting and Trading) that take place over that 3 year period?

I mean, there's a thread about the Crows list if you want to discuss it?
I will just take your word for it that the Crows list is shaping up fine. What year are you expecting that it will have shaped up by?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back