Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

I wondered if it's because he hasn't the tank yet to play a full game midfield?

If it was the second half you could possibly make that case however starting the first bounce on the bench? Nah that’s just terrible tactics from the coaching group.

Made this same mistake benching Drew for the first 10 mins against the Dogs in the prelim. By time he came on we were already 5 goals down and Libba (who he then went to) was destroying us.

Roos will win a prelim before Port. Calling it now.
You can have legitimate issues with JHF as a player, but you can't bag him for leaving the absolute basket case that is north.

Since he's left they've managed to win 6 game in two years with a percentage of 67%. Their percentage went backwards this year so they are empirically getting worse.

Port have won 33 games.

You can have legitimate issues with JHF as a player, but you can't bag him for leaving the absolute basket case that is north.

Since he's left they've managed to win 6 game in two years with a percentage of 67%. Their percentage went backwards this year so they are empirically getting worse.

Port have won 33 games.
What sort of a club do you expect to get drafted by as the no1 pick?
Like Harley Reid when your club picked him

Eh....I felt he seriously drifted in and out of the game (which I've seen him do quite a few times).

There were bursts when he looked extremely threatening, then he seemed to go missing for stretches.
Probably because he spent 7 minutes at the start of each quarter on the bench, and then up forward where the ball wasn't going etc.

Lol imagine being a North supporter and choosing to windmill in here after finishing [checks notes] second-last with 3 wins
Imagine being a clueless 17 year old who thought he was winning by using the bottom team to get to a team with a history of choking in finals and getting nowhere.

Imagine being a clueless 17 year old who thought he was winning by using the bottom team to get to a team with a history of choking in finals and getting nowhere.
Cope harder, cellar dweller

Port have won 33 games.
Really not making a good case for Harley right now

Hopefully we’ll see Sheezel and Wardlaw do better this week.
That’s your comeback? He had 8 of his 18 disposals in the last quarter when the game was over. 😂

So 10 disposals in 3 quarters when the game was on the line and you’re asking why he was on the bench..

Oh and 50% disposal efficiency in his 18 touches.

That’s your comeback? He had 8 of his 18 disposals in the last quarter when the game was over. 😂

So 10 disposals in 3 quarters when the game was on the line and you’re asking why he was on the bench..

Oh and 50% disposal efficiency in his 18 touches.
If you want to take North supporters’ viewpoint, who have disappeared for a month but emerge like mushrooms and want to jump on the guy in a final where the whole team got flogged….. go for it,

If you want to take North supporters’ viewpoint, who have disappeared for a month but emerge like mushrooms and want to jump on the guy in a final where the whole team got flogged….. go for it,
Not at all. I wish this thread would get locked as it’s pointless but you’re making an idiot of yourself in the other thread and again here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not at all. I wish this thread would get locked as it’s pointless but you’re making an idiot of yourself in the other thread and again here.
Thanks for your feedback and personal insult, it wasn’t asked for nor does it have any relevance, but thanks nonetheless.

For years Port have won games that they should have lost (eg: against Sydney this season) and lost games that they should have won. It's an annoying trend but oh well.
No they haven’t. Port have a terrible record against top 4 sides under Hinkley. You are just making things up.

No they haven’t. Port have a terrible record against top 4 sides under Hinkley. You are just making things up.
We do absolutely.

As an aside, the quirky one within that is the record against reigning premiers.
I think it’s stands at 11-5 or something ridiculous like that.

8 possession, lol, golden boy, generational talent, superstar...

I thought he is the next big thing?
watch him pull a perfect "reverse Ben Jacobs" career path 👍
Thought port is a premiership threat? what happened there?
rhymes with Stinkley. Hardly the fault of young Jason

This what makes this season hurt the most. We have beaten top 4 / top 8 teams this season with some conviction to boot. But probably on season review, it appears that we played a lot of these teams on their down swing, which is masking our true performances.

God I feel terrible after that loss

Is this how Chairman Zia feels all the time?

Plus, JHF tried hard all night.

can't fault him individually for the loss when the coach starts him on the bench and plays him deep forward for large parts of the game

Not too dissimilar from the mismanagement of bont last night, had an ordinary game but I'm not going to go and sink the boots into him because I'm not a jealous flog

Really not making a good case for Harley right now
We went from the spoon to third last. We need to keep improving over the next couple of years otherwise we will be facing challenges retaining him.

Having said that. We have a bit more runway because we are one of the biggest clubs in the league, not a minnow.

8 possession is not a sign of a player who tried hard, its a sign of a player whos a dud.

Of coures the team is not too good either to put it lightly.

a long decade coming up, work hard on topping up the list with b graders who you pay as a graders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

Back