Jimmy "10 point diver" Bartel

Remove this Banner Ad

The only glaring thing in the incident is Bartel's act. The hunching of the shoulders and leaning forward. It just stands out.
Spoken like a true blue wide eyed footy lover who also wears an eyepatch...

Spoken like a true blue wide eyed footy lover who also wears an eyepatch...

I will call foul when I see it Chef. The thing with that incident is that it resulted in a goal to Geelong. IF there is a dive by Suckling in that incident it doesn't stand out. That's not to say it didn't happen. I don't notice it - and if you have to REALLY look for it whilst ignoring the alarmingly obvious then it loses a bit of currency.

I will call foul when I see it Chef. The thing with that incident is that it resulted in a goal to Geelong. IF there is a dive by Suckling in that incident it doesn't stand out. That's not to say it didn't happen. I don't notice it - and if you have to REALLY look for it whilst ignoring the alarmingly obvious then it loses a bit of currency.
Nope, flogs saying there was no contact whatsoever somehow like to avoid the fact that Suckling went to ground in the same motion. Bizarre, I know right…

Chef? We are still talking about Bartel's dive, right?
Yeah, that and wtf caused the hawf player to fall to the ground if nothing touched him also...

It's Suckling. He ends up on the ground 2 out of every 3 contests. It does not necessarily mean there was contact.
A contest with no contact? Hmmmm, bruise free footy huh?

We are going in circles.
I agree, there is possibly some contact - however nothing to trigger Bartel's reaction.
A dive is a dive.
Correct.

wait, what.
Have we agreed on something....

iu

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wait, what.
Have we agreed on something....
What is it with you flogs looking for a fight based around your own ignorance?
Check post #131 genius. :drunk::thumbsu:

After reading through this thread, I've learnt apparently a push only involves using your hands. Amazing what you can learn on Bigfooty.

After reading this post, I've learnt that you don't know the rules (that part about the push being in the back, and that part about incidental contact).

Yeah, that and wtf caused the hawf player to fall to the ground if nothing touched him also...

Why does it matter FFS? There was incidental contact between the two at the hips. Nothing doing, yet Princess Jemima makes a dive that'd make Stevie J blush.

Stop lashing out, flog
Clean the sand out of your vagina and be happy.
A simple "sorry, forgive my ignorance" would have been more commendable on your own behalf.

LOL

Why does it matter FFS? There was incidental contact between the two at the hips. Nothing doing, yet Princess Jemima makes a dive that'd make Stevie J blush.
Thats a totally different story to a few hours ago when apparently there was no contact whatsoever…
Maybe this place is finally getting somewhere when both eyes are opened.

After reading this post, I've learnt that you don't know the rules (that part about the push being in the back, and that part about incidental contact).

So if the umpire pays the free, how is that Bartel's fault?

So if the umpire pays the free, how is that Bartel's fault?

I'm with you, as long as you are 100% consistent with your view, and haven't done a complete 180 in the space of a few weeks

I think we all know what Lindsay Thomas was watching during the week - the 3m springboard diving at the Commonwealth Games.

Okay, not a good start

Was that Lindsay Thomas or Greg Louganis?

hmmph, not helping... but it can't get any worse than that...

Watching the game again, and in the first term Rivers is chasing down the ball with Thomas chasing him, and Thomas dived straight in his back yet Rivers didn't get a free, yet later in the game Thomas felt the slightest contact in the back, and dived forward like he was shot out of a cannon.

Maybe if Rivers acted like he was shot in the back by a sniper, he might've got the free, but that stuff isn't the Geelong way

..but as long as the umpire pays it, it is the Geelong way?

Just laugh at how stupid he was like everyone else.

Jimmy has done a great job of deflecting the attention from Selwoods dog elbow in the throat that was exactly the same as Brent Harveys

Still shouldn't be missed by the MRP given the standard they've set but you never know with those fruitloops

Given cats aren't a threat anyway obviously, I guess it's important the rest of the league still knows the type of player he is now

Remove this Banner Ad

Jimmy "10 point diver" Bartel

Remove this Banner Ad

Back