Jimmy Toumpas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jaeger_Profile.jpg
Fair call mate but Toumpas has better skills

Yes ive seen him play otherwise i wouldn't comment. Dont get me wrong he will be a star but its somthing about Toumpas that makes me think the kid will be a gun.
He's had 23 effective disposals, 9 clangers and just 7 contested possessions thus far.

You're going VERY early.

Yes ive seen him play otherwise i wouldn't comment. Dont get me wrong he will be a star but its somthing about Toumpas that makes me think the kid will be a gun.
Not disagreeing with you, but I'll be surprised if Toumpas turns out to be a better player than O'Meara.

Needed to go into a place that could develop him well, Sydney or Geelong would do wonders for the kid. Somewhere where he's not forced to be throw in the deep end and where he can bide his time learning and developing.
Patrick Veszpremi, Lewis Johnston and possibly Jed Lamb didn't take off at Sydney. ;):)

Patrick Veszpremi, Lewis Johnston and possibly Jed Lamb didn't take off at Sydney. ;):)

Kieran Jack, Pyke and Jetta did. Each club has development successes and failures, Sydney undoubtedly has good development. Was just an example anyway, at a club with better development than Melbourne he has a better chance of prospering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

looks a gun to me.

Best to wait till he hits between 40-60 games before judging the five gamer.

inb4 lock

I rate Toumpas very highly, but today was the first time he's shown anything at AFL level, previously he's just looked so out of his depth it's not funny.

I still question his selection though, why not pick Jack Viney's best mate?

Thought he was OK today and did some good things, early days but it showed he looks to be gradually finding his feet at senior level. Certainly looks a good athlete and disposal looks OK, too. Hope he continues to come on.

Would have a great development path if he went into a side with established, bigger bodied guns to shield him while he finds his feet.

Isn't the quickest player but smart with his ball use. Not great body on body but not many 18 year olds are.

Sounds a bit like former Melb high draft pick Brock McLean.

Toumpas will be a star! Im 100% that Toumpas will be the best player in the AFL by 5 years he may not of had many touches today but he does not miss a target. Everyone may be laughing at the dees atm but they have a big future with this kid.

I don't think we've seen enough of him to make fantastic claims like this. Not yet anyway.

inb4 lock

I rate Toumpas very highly, but today was the first time he's shown anything at AFL level, previously he's just looked so out of his depth it's not funny.

I still question his selection though, why not pick Jack Viney's best mate?

Yeah heard a whisper his best mates's old man is still dark..............

Remove this Banner Ad

Jimmy Toumpas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back