Jobe Watson

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL at people bagging Stanton, he has one of if not the biggest engines in the AFL. Stanton is proof that disposal can be improved, he had shocking footskills at first but now is a reliable kick.

WHAT HAVE ESSENDON DONE TO BRADLEY!?

The guy looked outstanding as a draftee. His biggest attributes were that he was fit and had good skills for a ruckman/kpp.

If essendon do delist him i hope wc pick him up, he has all the attributes and i think he will come good.

Who cares if he's not a patch on his father? Watson is a decent enough footy player, knows how to get his hands on the pill just lacks kicking skill. A shocking game doesn't automatically turn one into a hack:rolleyes:

Would this thread be here if it wasn't for his father ? Jobe is as good a player as his father is a commentator .

I'm wondering why he is starting on the bench & changing with James Hird. Is there a problem with his fitness? Does he lack the motor to play the majority of the match in the midfield? At the start of last season he had lost a bit of weight & improved his fitness, yet it would appear that he is not considered fit enough to run out a full game. He really needs to be spending more time on the ground. He is Essendon's best extractor, but they are not going to be able to benefit from this, if he is going to spend only half the game on the ground.

I reckon Jobe has put on a bit of the weight he lost last year. Doesn't seem as lean and fit this year. And whoever said Williams couldn't kick is kidding themselves. He was a beautiful kick on both sides. He just CHOSE to handball.

He "Just" needs finishing skills? That's a pretty major component of a good footballer wouldn't you say?

Send him on his way, along with Bradley and Bolton... Useless a **** on a bull.
Watson does not deserve to be placed with the likes of Bolton and Bradley, unlike them he does have major strengths. He is still our best clearance player averaging about 7 first possesions a game, which is exceptional for a player in a team that is 16th in hitouts. He is still young and is working hard to fix his kicking. He had a bad day today but he was far from our worst small. Heffernan, M Johnson, Dyson, Slattery were no better.

Yes finishing skills are important but they arent the only skill. For example look at the Adelaide Vs. Western Bulldogs game or look at a player such as Brett Kirk.

i am happy Bolton has finally been mentioned...he was terrible yesterday!! how long is essendon going to continue to play him? IMO he should have been delisted a long time ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watson does not deserve to be placed with the likes of Bolton and Bradley, unlike them he does have major strengths.

Probably should not have not mentioned them all in the same breath but his constant turnovers cost us. He cannot seem to hit a target by foot.

As for Bolton, Sheedy loves him because heas a tall "athlete" but again, he has no skills or brain. What was with the jig he did when he kicked a goal yesterday?

I'm wondering why he is starting on the bench & changing with James Hird. Is there a problem with his fitness? Does he lack the motor to play the majority of the match in the midfield? At the start of last season he had lost a bit of weight & improved his fitness, yet it would appear that he is not considered fit enough to run out a full game. He really needs to be spending more time on the ground. He is Essendon's best extractor, but they are not going to be able to benefit from this, if he is going to spend only half the game on the ground.

your not the only one wondering, would have thought he needs as much game time as possible, so it appears jobe's being coached out of the game at the moment

he did suck yesterday but wasnt the only one, looks like the old 'one week on, one week off' has made a comeback

Bolton, bradley and Watson wont be playing Hawthorn...
Watson needs to go to bendigo and get some confidence kicking the football

I reckon Jobe has put on a bit of the weight he lost last year. Doesn't seem as lean and fit this year. And whoever said Williams couldn't kick is kidding themselves. He was a beautiful kick on both sides. He just CHOSE to handball.[/QUOTE
Agree toatally....Williams was a superb kick of a footy ...comparing Watsons ability with his feet to Williams is astonishing....Williams handballed so much because 9/10 he was actually creating the play with his supreme vision....
I hated Williams like most people but i would rather have him kicking for goal anywhere inside 50 than 80% of players running around in the AFL now

He had 23 touches in the 48% game time he played.

Fair return.

Beat me to it.

Jobe's kicking has been very dissapointing & was particularly highlighted yesterday but he is still a very good ball winner in pack situations & usually handballs very well. His time on ground is probably making the situation worse as his confidence would be getting very low. I certainly don't think dropping him us the answer. Much prefer to see him given more game time to work out his problems on the field. I'd rather a guy get it 20+ times every game & make some mistakes than guys who can't get their hands on it. His kicking was nowhere near as bad last year so I certainly believe its a mental thing & something he should hopefully be able to work through. Anyone who thinks he's a dud based on yesterdays performance obvioulsy hasn't seen him play much.

Beat me to it.

Jobe's kicking has been very dissapointing & was particularly highlighted yesterday but he is still a very good ball winner in pack situations & usually handballs very well. His time on ground is probably making the situation worse as his confidence would be getting very low. I certainly don't think dropping him us the answer. Much prefer to see him given more game time to work out his problems on the field. I'd rather a guy get it 20+ times every game & make some mistakes than guys who can't get their hands on it. His kicking was nowhere near as bad last year so I certainly believe its a mental thing & something he should hopefully be able to work through. Anyone who thinks he's a dud based on yesterdays performance obvioulsy hasn't seen him play much.

Bigfooty people have short memories. Collingwood are destined for top 4 while Essendon are destined for the spoon based on yesterdays performance. The previous four games are irrelevant. Lucas is a hack because he had a poor game yesterday. The way he played in the first four games is irrelevant.

Beat me to it.

He isnt a dud but we cant afford for him to get his confidence back... Give him a few weeks at bendigo and he can stuff up as many times there til he gets his confidence back

Remove this Banner Ad

Jobe Watson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back