News Joe Richards nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies Bigfooty board rate this bloke so highly
I rate him. I think he’ll be a very good player for us. Rioli, DBJ and Richards is a good line up of small forwards that can hit the scoreboard.
Still doesn’t change the fact he’s played 9 games at 25. Third rounder or we get him in the draft.

Then go after a good small forward if we think we're in the premiership window

Who would you consider good is available? Pickett would be nice but not sure he is an option for us or we have the picks to make that happen.

Getting a guy with potential from a club stacked with small forwards where he isn’t as valued as he should be for cheap is not a bad strategy.

I reckon he will be good for us. Surprised by the negativity, given he is likely to cost us bugger all in a trade sense.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The crossover between those who long for the Port Adelaide of old and those who support total marshmallow footballers like Rozee and Lukosius whilst simultaneously shitcanning Jed is extraordinary. You'd think attitude and uncompromising effort is the first thing you'd want to get right before you worry about talent but no.
Whilst the others are definitely flashy, soft types. McEntee is a panic merchant of the highest order. The only thing he does is run hard. He fumbles all the time, constantly negatively impacts possession chains, can't execute basic skills under any element of pressure, can't find the ball, etc. His main redeeming quality is a good set shot. Other than that he just shouldn't be playing AFL. He's never as bad as our fans suggest, and never as good as others suggest, and yes at times he has a role, but he really gets way, way too many games and has a contract that is far too long for his extremely poor output and ability levels.

Last edited:
Pies Bigfooty board rate this bloke so highly
Players performing in the 2nds, that have barely been exposed at AFL level are often looked upon favourably. Has no correlation to actually being able to perform at the top level.

It's the grass is greener syndrome. It happens on this forum all the time.

Burgoyne in his 2nd season, as a stick figure kid, that had surprisingly played a shit load of AFL games at that point for his age wasn't being celebrated as developing well, he was being written off. All because he was being exposed to us all.

Meanwhile we have an entire history on this forum of talking up players in their 3/4/5th seasons, playing SANFL and performing, and then watching them bounce in and out of the AFL side before delisting. We just see them performing in the SANFL and think they will automatically do it in the AFL and that the coaches must be wrong.

It's all the Collingwood fans are doing and I take it with a grain of salt. Richards is an ordinary footballer, and probably a minor improvement on Evans, who is probably going to cost far more than he should.

My understanding is that the pick(s) coming back will be in this year's draft. We need it 1) because we have very little picks outside of that, 2) may need to match Barrett and Burgoyne
Barrett will be a very late pick at best. We may not nominate him for the draft, hoping he will get to the rookie draft and be an automatic Cat B.

The crossover between those who long for the Port Adelaide of old and those who support total marshmallow footballers like Rozee and Lukosius whilst simultaneously shitcanning Jed is extraordinary. You'd think attitude and uncompromising effort is the first thing you'd want to get right before you worry about talent but no.
The first thing you want to get right is having football ability. Comparing the players who won 36 SANFL premierships to McEntee because McEntee tries hard, as if the No 1 quality that led to Russell Ebert, Bob Quinn, Greg Phillips, Scott Hodges et al becoming Port Adelaide legends was that they tried hard and not that they were supremely talented footballers, is frankly insulting.

Honestly Im surprised Port isn't offering a 4th rounder for a 9 gamer who already has an injury riddled 2 year AFL career.
3rd rounder is generous by us.

If not walk him into the draft please

Last edited:
Barrett will be a very late pick at best. We may not nominate him for the draft, hoping he will get to the rookie draft and be an automatic Cat B.
Sure, which is why I said may need to. Not nominating him would be a stupid move. Need to nominate him even if we were to take him as Cat B via rookie draft.

according to Tom morris, we aren’t budging on a 3rd rounder or f3 and are willing to walk him to the PSD

Good. A 3rd rounder in the absolute most we should be paying for him. It’s far more than we got for ooc fringe players leaving us.

This works if he nominates terms and no other club is prepared to meet those terms. Not sure that’s the case here.

Players nominate teams and get to them in the psd 999/1000

Reality is if Houston and Soldo fall through the best we have is 39 anyways.. Unless we get late 2nd from GC in Lukosis trade, which is unlikely.

39 is a 2nd rounder.

Sure, which is why I said may need to. Not nominating him would be a stupid move. Need to nominate him even if we were to take him as Cat B via rookie draft.
The rule used to be that if you nominated them for the draft, you must offer a them a main list position. Which means we'd need to clear a spot for him, but our interest in him and the benefit he offers surely comes from the ability to add an extra player to our max list size by using that CatB category.

The rule also used to be that you can nominate them for the Rookie Draft after the main draft and we automatically get that player and as he's NGA he's automatically CatB, same as F/S

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

News Joe Richards nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back