Player Watch Joe Richards

Remove this Banner Ad

Nostradamus like

I'm really looking forward to his return. He's an exciting player whose impact belies the handful of senior games he has played in.

What a gem!

He’s a great player and I do hope we can keep him …

…. but who would he push out of the side?

And that’s before contemplating how many seasons Elliott has in him.

If another team can offer him a decent chance of being a walk up best 22 player in 2025, and we can’t, then I’d imagine it’d be difficult to keep him.

If another team can offer him a decent chance of being a walk up best 22 player in 2025, and we can’t, then I’d imagine it’d be difficult to keep him.

Two weeks ago we had Oleg Markov playing in our forward line. Harrison will become a midfielder. Richards would also be ahead of Reef on current output. It’s a non-issue providing we are not completely incompetent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time to come home Wrighty. Some cracks are showing. First Bobby and now Joey. Enough of your European indulgence. We need you back now, to crank up some contracts and twist a few arms.😊
Wasn’t he meant to be back around August?

And not sure we need to panic over media guesswork / clickbait

I think he is better than McCreery to be honest. And that’s after only 3 AFL games. Imagine how much better he can be after 30 games.

He is a walk up best 22 IMO.

I think he is better than McCreery to be honest. And that’s after only 3 AFL games. Imagine how much better he can be after 30 games.

He is a walk up best 22 IMO.
I tend to agree but the one caveat is can he replicate it against top 8 defences? Will his lack of strength see him pushed off the ball too much in a big final? The only box he still needs to tick for me

I tend to agree but the one caveat is can he replicate it against top 8 defences? Will his lack of strength see him pushed off the ball too much in a big final? The only box he still needs to tick for me
They’ll keep building him up, he has the potential to be a solid contributor but still has a way to go IMHO

So far he ticking above expectations, opposition will look at how he gets his kicks and put more effort into this if he keeps improving but as I said still has a lot to prove.

Sure it’s a small sample size, however, he is showing far more than what McCreery is showing. Richards has more goals per game, more tackles inside 50, more score involvements, more score assists, more clearances, similar in pressure acts, and almost twice the amount of disposals on average per game this year. And, he is doesn’t seem to fumble like McCreery.

He is just a better skilled player. Sample size as I said is small, but If he continues in this manner for the rest of the season, it’s clear cut IMO who should be in the best 22.

Sure it’s a small sample size, however, he is showing far more than what McCreery is showing. Richards has more goals per game, more tackles inside 50, more score involvements, more score assists, more clearances, similar in pressure acts, and almost twice the amount of disposals on average per game this year. And, he is doesn’t seem to fumble like McCreery.

He is just a better skilled player. Sample size as I said is small, but If he continues in this manner for the rest of the season, it’s clear cut IMO who should be in the best 22.

hoyney usually waits for 6 matches until he starts making predictions....

They’ll keep building him up, he has the potential to be a solid contributor but still has a way to go IMHO

So far he ticking above expectations, opposition will look at how he gets his kicks and put more effort into this if he keeps improving but as I said still has a lot to prove.
Against freo, we put him on the wing in the 3rd quarter and he was sensational. We won't be using him as an inside mid, he's an outside line breaker with plenty of pace. I agree that he has plenty more to prove though

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Joe Richards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back