Player Watch Joe Richards

Remove this Banner Ad

Joey had a strange game on Friday night. Looked a bit lost and confused to me, a bit unsure. Although most of the team had a similar look, after the first quarter.

Still, he’ll learn from that. The best lessons are learnt in adversity (she says with fingers crossed…)

Too soon....

Phil Walsh was my PE teacher at high school. Top bloke. Hard as nails and uncompromising but at the same time encouraging and supportive. He demanded your very best every time you turned up - which for many these days would be quite schocking, I suspect.
Was my PE teacher at high school too. Great teacher!

On a personal note, Phil Walsh coached me with some high intensity interval training in the lead up to the Portland district regional high school open age 1500m race. Had my best race ever and won easily! Never knew how the right training could make such a difference
I was 16 at the time and have been on the downhill ever since 😩

On a personal note, Phil Walsh coached me with some high intensity interval training in the lead up to the Portland district regional high school open age 1500m race. Had my best race ever and won easily! Never knew how the right training could make such a difference
I would imagine being in your late 50s compared to a 16yo would have a lot to do with that. I'm in my early 60's and jog 2K every morning but it's more of a shuffle than a jog

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really didn’t think much of him after his performances at VFL level last year.

But I was definitely wrong. He is so clean and makes the right decisions.

One of those players who appears to rise to meet the level.
I’d say 99.9% of us were wrong. Was such a turnaround. Very settled at AFL lvl. I hope he stays. Would be a huge loss given it’s one of few highlights so far this season

We really needed him to nail that goal opportunity he had late when running into an open forwardline. That would have been an important goal continue our momentum, and instead they take it down the other end and goal.

I like him, but small forwards need to make those opportunities. Same with Schultz.

It's nice to hear some old stories about Walshy.
He was a skinny little runt of a kid when I first met him.
His physical development over the following few years was amazing, & besides footy, he was a terrific point guard. We were on the same basketball team & in the same footy club for a bit at Redan, & did the same teaching course in Ballarat, so I saw a lot of him in those days. Always cheerful & enthusiastic.

It's nice to hear some old stories about Walshy.
He was a skinny little runt of a kid when I first met him.
His physical development over the following few years was amazing, & besides footy, he was a terrific point guard. We were on the same basketball team & in the same footy club for a bit at Redan, & did the same teaching course in Ballarat, so I saw a lot of him in those days. Always cheerful & enthusiastic.
is that where you get your name ie hardas...... Redan in its time, were pretty hard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back