Player Watch Joe Richards

Remove this Banner Ad

is that where you get your name ie hardas...... Redan in its time, were pretty hard
Nah, mate. 'Hardas' was a half-arsed attempt to compare Bally to my long-time fave: Burnsy.
Besides, between a knee injury (re-torn in a kayaking spill) & a really bad concussion problem, I doubt Redan thought I was particularly hard!

Last edited:
Any news R.E contract ?

Hopefully we sign him up soon, but obviously not at a huge sum as we have other priorities.

Desperately need some talls

Should have played seniors this week… frustrating and perplexing

He’s the kind of player that would have featured In Richmond’s three peat… quick, good on both sides

relevance of that is that Fly has borrowed much from the tigers success.

But with the veterans and Lipinski… the leg speed of the current pies is not a match for the tigers.

Picking players like Richards helps rectify this problem and enables the run, line breaking, rebound, slingshot type footy that serves the pies well under Fly

The way the VFL team reacted after singing the song today would suggest Joey just played his final game for the club.
Sad the way the club has mishandled this

Maybe we wait until this is resolved (one way or the other) before we get our knickers in a twist?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I said in VFL thread this guy must be retained and it will be a massive stuff up if he gets lured elsewhere.

I do not see any reason why Bytel should get a game before him next week.
Richards is in a different class. Losing Richards would be a huge blow and a sign of poor management.

Perfect trade bait, we severely overrate our players, if another club is keen on him, he’d be perfect to offload
I sort of agree. he isnt a need with McCreery, Schulz, Hill and Elliott. I think he is terrific depth and a best 23 player for some clubs. Keep him unless we get a pick inside 30 for him. The recruiters will know what they can get for him and whether better to keep or trade.

His initial video reminded me of Tim Kelly's today he did things that reminded me of Robbie Gray, however he is always going to be a long way off their level because he is too slim and light which means he really is only going to be an outside forward of centre player/maybe wing.

Pies lose the VFL without him today by 2-3 goals.

I sort of agree. he isnt a need with McCreery, Schulz, Hill and Elliott. I think he is terrific depth and a best 23 player for some clubs. Keep him unless we get a pick inside 30 for him. The recruiters will know what they can get for him and whether better to keep or trade.

His initial video reminded me of Tim Kelly's today he did things that reminded me of Robbie Gray, however he is always going to be a long way off their level because he is too slim and light which means he really is only going to be an outside forward of centre player/maybe wing.

Pies lose the VFL without him today by 2-3 goals.
I think he'll play wing and play it very well. And wing/back flank is a definite need.

If he's asking for big bucks after we plucked him out of obscurity to achieve his dream then he can go, if we can land Trac by including Joe in some kind of deal I'm all for it. He's shown glimpses of class in the limited sample size but we have a surplus of small attacking types. Hopefully Ben Reid talks some sense into him and he signs on for a realistic deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Joe Richards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back