Recommitted Joel Amartey [OOC 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Out of contract, stuck behind Reid, Buddy, McDonald and McLean

He would have to be looking at his options at the moment

Showed a bit early as a ruckman in the VFL and kicked close to 40 goals this year in 15 games as a forward

Both Amartey and McLean are contracted until the end of next year.

My apologies, I thought his contract was up but you are correct

You are right that he could be considering his options though. McDonald, Amartey and McLean have all been playing around the same level all season. Too good for VFL, but on the fringe in the seniors.

I'd be disappointed if we moved Amartey or McLean for anything less that what North gave for Coleman-Jones (pick 19).

Showed a bit early as a ruckman in the VFL and kicked close to 40 goals this year in 15 games as a forward
As already said he is contracted and chances are areid and Buddy are both gone at the end of next year, so really hope we hang onto both Amartey and McLean as we will have positions for both of them

Amartey is not going anywhere.
Been improving each year and has bulked up a bit now Added good defensive pressure to his game,
He will get games next year and maybe take the spot of Mcdoanld/Mclean/Reid...who knows.
Reid/Buddy will finish end of next year anyway
That leaves us Mcdonald, Amartey, Mclean..all looking good

The Amartey Party is just getting started

Why would he go there to get stuck behind Brown, McDonald, Weideman, Van Rooyen?
McDonald and Brown are both nearly cooked as a result of injuries, and Weideman is shit. He'd probably be in our 22, or at least close

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who's better as the second ruck, him or McLean? I feel like that could contribute to who gets more games.

Though I am looking forward to seeing a McDonald, McLean, Amartey combination in the future.

we'd be crazy to let him go now

Buddy looks cooked, too old to play out a full season, if we are smart we start him in 50% of games.

Reid whilst great in the back half of the year isn't young either

If we are smart both McLean and Amartey are starting next year.
Who's better as the second ruck, him or McLean? I feel like that could contribute to who gets more games.

It's close I'd say the coaches think it's McLean given that's what he came into team for, but probably toss a coin

Though I am looking forward to seeing a McDonald, McLean, Amartey combination in the future.
In terms of pure tapwork, McLean is slightly better (although I think they are both below average). But as soon as the ball hits the ground, Amartey is so much more mobile than McLean.

Buddy and Ried are cooked.

One of the main reasons they flopped in the GF.

KP forwards and ruck are two areas the Swans need to improve on to get better.

Buddy and Ried are cooked.

One of the main reasons they flopped in the GF.

KP forwards and ruck are two areas the Swans need to improve on to get better.
Buddy looks cooked but Reid is playing career best football .Was a mistake to play him injured in the grand final.Feel Amartey has more upside than McLean and I was hoping they would play him instead of McLean in GF.

Buddy looks cooked but Reid is playing career best football .Was a mistake to play him injured in the grand final.Feel Amartey has more upside than McLean and I was hoping they would play him instead of McLean in GF.

Ried has always been a stop gap. Gets injured too often.

Swans wont win a flag moving forward with either Buddy or Reid imo.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Joel Amartey [OOC 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back