Joel Corey

Remove this Banner Ad

I gotta admit corey is a good player but the reason why he is playing awesome footy now is because he has so many great players around him. If kerr didnt tagged every week he would be playing awesome footy, Kerr is a awesome player and in my opinion he is not just better then corey MUCH better then corey.

corey hasnt just played good footy now becuase they are winning. the bloke won the 05 best and fairest before they were up and running , before the coming of bartel ablet etc, and was a competition gun back then. in 06 he changed roles with enright, ie playing more out of defence but last year they swapped back again to put corey in the middle again. to say he is only good because of the blokes around him is wrong, he is one of the main reasons for their midfield dominance. he would be first picked in my team each week. if he is MUCH better, this kerr character must be an all time great of the game

Ive been saying it all season and ill say it again

Id love Corey at our club next season.

count me as another one. corey could give us 5 years of solid progress and remove the burden off kerr allowing kerr to take over. be realistic masten and ebert got 2 years max before they start slicing the league.

For Corey i'd offer either West Coast's earliest pick in the second round or a first round priority pick NOT our first pick. So a pick around the 18-20 mark. NO extra players thrown in. If that's not good enough for Geelong they can trade him to another club !

Kerr is far better than Corey. Agreed
However Corey is worth Pick 17
Masten and Ebert will probably be Corey esque players rather than Kerr like so he would be ideal in mentoring them as well as building a winning culture and potentially being present in a premiership window

Kerr is far better than Corey. Agreed
However Corey is worth Pick 17
Masten and Ebert will probably be Corey esque players rather than Kerr like so he would be ideal in mentoring them as well as building a winning culture and potentially being present in a premiership window
Ohhhh really? Well now we don't want him!

Just to clarify guys, Corey is only 26 at the moment, I played footy against him in high school. So given that and the fact that Kerr is 25, I believe that any trade that got us Corey (and did not involve us trading Kerr) would be fantastic for the club and our midfield.

Just to clarify guys, Corey is only 26 at the moment, I played footy against him in high school. So given that and the fact that Kerr is 25, I believe that any trade that got us Corey (and did not involve us trading Kerr) would be fantastic for the club and our midfield.

Would be a VERY valuable pickup...we need bigger bodies in the midfield to help the young guys develop, even if it is for only 3 prime years (and maybe just before we are due for another crack at the flag...maybe not).

Our 18th pick would be worth it for sure.

He is 26 (born 82)...why are people saying he is 28???

I dont really want to lose Corey but i get the feeling that we mite. im thinkin perhaps an early second round pic or even a late first round sounds reasonable. and maybe a vic kid on your list who wants to go home.
lol some of u mite tell me to get stuffed by others mite take it. I do get the feeling that the possibility of him leaving is a real one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont really want to lose Corey but i get the feeling that we mite. im thinkin perhaps an early second round pic or even a late first round sounds reasonable. and maybe a vic kid on your list who wants to go home.
lol some of u mite tell me to get stuffed by others mite take it. I do get the feeling that the possibility of him leaving is a real one.
If it was to happen an early 2nd rounder would be about right

building for the future and theres alot of good young kids in the draft this year and we should get a couple of them.

Just like we got Stenglein, I think we should get Corey...quality, proven, tough, mature.

Got to have a mix of youth and experience. Nothing wrong with drafting a 27 year old (next year).

We should be playing finals next year...Corey might just get us there. We want guys like Masten, Ebert, Kennedy, S. Selwood etc to learn from him and get a taste for success.

Ive been saying it all season and ill say it again

Id love Corey at our club next season.
Would be handy for a couple of years like Chicky, Stinger, Merinda those sort of guys but doubt that he would influence another flag while playing.
So with that I wouldn't give up any draft picks for him as were rebuilding for next year so I would give them a player who wants to return home to melb or a player out of contract that originally from Vic.

Sorry to disappoint guys but the club wont be trading there first 3 picks, unless its to lower those picks via trade week.

That was told to me personally by John and Peter Worsfold last weekend.

So the only way we would get Corey is to trade players for him, I would rather lower draft picks as this is a very very good draft.

He had a great game today. Would trade our priority pick for him.

Experienced, proven finals player, skillful, level headed >>>unproven 18 year old.

Too old 28years old only probably be round for another 2-3years. I would prefer to keep a draft pick and get a younger player.
I heard that Corey doesnt want to come home any way so who cares about him.

So he will retire when he is 29 turning 30, or 30 turning 31, when he is at his peak ATM? :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Joel Corey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back